A Suburb in Stockport

10 10 / 10 from 9 Reviews

Hazel Grove Railway Station - Car Park

samay007
Villager

samay007
Hazel Grove Railway Station - Car Park
8th October 2014 at 12:27PM
Recently I see that the car park is getting full by 8.30am. In the last 2 weeks its even worse, as people started to park on pavements and where ever they can find a place. I'm sure these people are going to getting fine, which is hard to appeal against.

Btw, why there are so many cars recently? looks like nearby companies are also using this space. Last week and this week, I end up parking at "Davenport Road Car Park", which is a paid parking and charged 2 quid for day (9/10 hours).
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Tasape
Idler

Tasape
Re: Hazel Grove Railway Station - Car Park
8th October 2014 at 3:17PM, Edit: 9th October 2014 at 9:08AM by Coleman
Yes, in recent weeks there has been a marked increase in the volume of cars using the station. In their desperation, drivers are parking opposite the shops on The Boulevard and scurrying up the steps towards the station. Of greater concern is their habit of parking on both sides of the access to Vaudrey Drive. In the event of a fire it would be impossible for the Fire Service to get an appliance past this obstruction. Their convenience trumps the safety of others. Whatever happened to the extra deck which was supposed to be built on the eastern section of the carpark?They'd better get a move on, this facility for 100 extra cars is supposed to be available to passengers by Winter 2014.    q.v.
cooper120
Villager

cooper120
15th October 2014 at 1:15PM
You won't see that car park for months.
I don't even know who is responsible for it, but anyone connected to the railways, specifically northern rail are shambolic. Nobody has a clue what is going on.

The train station needs a pick up and drop off area too.
Fletch
Idler

Fletch
21st October 2014 at 11:19PM
cooper120 Wrote:

You won't see that car park for months.
I don't even know who is responsible for it, but anyone connected to the railways, specifically northern rail are shambolic. Nobody has a clue what is going on.

The train station needs a pick up and drop off area too.

TfGM are running the project. Contact them at the head office:

Transport for Greater Manchester headquarters
2 Piccadilly Place
Manchester
M1 3BG

Tel: 0161 244 1000

The Network Rail / Northern rail persons at the station are kept informed as to what is going on, or at least they were earlier in the year...
Tasape
Idler

Tasape
22nd October 2014 at 5:44PM

The gist of this thread pertaining to access to Vaudrey Drive has not gone unnoticed
by the all-seeing eye of The Council.
Failing any objections, the necessary traffic restrictions will be in force in the
not too distant future.
Credit where credit is due I say.

Part of..