Hazel Grove News

A Suburb in Stockport

10 10 / 10 from 9 Reviews

Hazel Grove Carnival 2007

Jim
Drifter
Hazel Grove Carnival 2007
27th July 2007 at 10:30AM
Hello all great site you've got here, anyway...

I was recently on holiday and it looks like I missed the carnival. Could you please tell me how it went as I normally go every year and would like to know what I missed out on.

Thanks in advanced,
Jim
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Quote Report  
Adora
Forum Moderator

Adora
Re: Hazel Grove Carnival 2007
27th July 2007 at 10:51AM, Edit: 27th July 2007 at 3:43PM by Adora
The Carnival HAD to be scaled down this year because of the state of the field. The weather kept most of the floats and parade entrants away. Bless the ones that did get their floats into the parade.

The Queens were up on the car park near the house and the rest of the stalls were on the lower car park, near the changing rooms. It was packed and cramped but it was the very best it could be, given the circumstances. The day remained dry thank goodness and I think it was a bloomin' great success and testimony to the hard work and irrepressible spirit of the Carnival Committee!

They were my thoughts anyway.

Adora
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
GillB
Townsperson

GillB
Re: Hazel Grove Carnival 2007
27th July 2007 at 3:27PM
On face value, I have to say it was completely rubbish.

Gotta be the worst carnival I've never seen.
The 'parade' was tiny, like 2 lorries, couple of cars, then bout 5 'Queens' seriously "blink and you've missed it".

BUT!

As Adora says, it was all down to the weather, the fields was flooded and crossing from the path by the Tennis Courts to the Football changing rooms got your feet a little dirty.

There was a couple of kiddie rides and food stands etc squashed on the car park along with the public.

When taking into concideration the conditions the committee had to face I think they took a bad situation and did the best they could.

I would like to thank them for carrying on rather than throwing in the towel and just cancelling the whole thing.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  

Part of..