10 10 / 10 from 9 Reviews

Grove inn site

<< 1 2 >>

glenandem
Forum Moderator

glenandem
Grove inn site
17th September 2015 at 10:29PM
Drove past today and thought how scruffy it looked with the skip there and fencing all around and wondered wasn't it going to be a load of flats or shops or something??
What's going on with it now?
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Coleman
Forum Moderator

Coleman
Re: Grove inn site
18th September 2015 at 12:23PM
Whenever we asked about that in the past the developer (Snapes) has come up with some excuse for why they haven't started and assured that they are going to get it done.

To be honest i've suspected all along that they bought the site dirt cheap put a plan together and emolished the pub to then sell it on to a developer at a quick profit.

Every time though they have insisted they are going to get the building work done and not just leave it in a state until someone with more money than sense comes and buys it. you try to give people the benefit of doubt but how long has it been now?
1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
glenandem
Forum Moderator

glenandem
18th September 2015 at 9:42PM
Your correct I remember it being knocked down and hearing things about it being made into shops and flats, it just looks a mess right now with a skip there and the fences with adverts being zip tied into them and the weeds growing everywhere, I'm not sure if it was better when the grubby old boarded up pub was there lol, why doesn't someone build a nice bar or restaurant there, I know people say there's too many in the grove but not at that particular area they're more down the other side of commercial lights.
Anything has to be better than what's there now, even a big billboard with a man attempting to attack a woman!!!!
Well maybe not but that part of grove is looking abit shoddy at moment!
sparrow
Villager

sparrow
19th September 2015 at 5:13PM
Slightly off topic but I agree that the billboard is horrible, been there for years and years, why? It must belong to someone!
Norma_Stitts
Supervised

Norma_Stitts
21st September 2015 at 7:15AM, Edit: 21st September 2015 at 8:21AM by Norma_Stitts
I'm all for people making money but how they ever got permission to over develop that site is beyond me?

What was it? 3 shops, 3 houses and 8 flats? 14 properties on that farty little site!?! I couldn't think of anywhere worse to live (maybe Syria but at least you wouldn't be piled in like battery hens!) and I'll wager that's why its not started, afterall would you want to live there? The end product has to be saleable or rentable at the end of the day.

If you're that p'd about it just boycott Snapes! If I remember right it went for about £60k at auction. Swear it was a Lot with Pughs about 2 years ago? I will see if I can find it.

EDIT: £80k in Feb 2012: http://www.pugh-auctions.com/Lot/Manchester/20120222/054

Some nice architects drawings and a cheap demolition while saving on site clearing fees and its on the market for 5 x the price! LOL. £400k
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-44105485.html

That's going to be like that for a VERY long time. I will hazard a guess that the planning will end up lapsing before it's sold...
Pedestrian
Villager

Pedestrian
21st September 2015 at 5:26PM
The billboard is owned by a man called Steve Collins, author of a book about self defence. This was the subject of a discussion on Streetlife about 4 weeks ago. He didn't seem too happy about the criticism of his advertisement which has apparently been there for 15 years!!
sparrow
Villager

sparrow
24th September 2015 at 8:40PM
Then its 15 years too long! Only in Hazel Grove!! no other neighbouring 'village' would have a billboard of a man attacking a woman up for 15 years, nor a bright yellow tyre shop or a long stay car park with only 4 cars!
sparrow
Villager

sparrow
25th September 2015 at 5:29PM
Have read other information on the web about the 'billboard' and Steve Collins book on how to make sure you are safe, which is important information, its the scruffy poster and the same image that's been up for 15 years that is the issue, maybe some of our newly or re elected councillors could see that the image is updated and improved and therefore make a positive change in the Grove.

This post has been deleted by the author.

Moto3
Villager

Moto3
16th October 2015 at 12:17PM, Edit: 16th October 2015 at 12:32PM by Moto3
Total and utter TIP one year on Snapes you are a disgrace

<< 1 2 >>

Part of..