10 10 / 10 from 9 Reviews

Green Lane Car Park

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >>

slight-return
Villager

slight-return
Re: Green Lane Car Park
21st July 2016 at 7:56PM, Edit: 21st July 2016 at 7:58PM by slight-return
That's great, but your silence was a bit deafening in the past months and then the barrier just goes in.

I am intrigued by what "very serious" consists of, plus as you are a pillar and voice of and from the community I implore you to share what this is, on this ideal platform to do so. I'm not a NIMBY so if it is more serious than people crashing into a resident's parked car, nearly running someone over and fleeing the scene or a small boy being punched in the face repeatedly (happened at 5pm today) all of which I believe are crimes + underage drinking and drug abuse, you really have my full attention. Maybe I and others can help?

If's it's that the burst pipe on the a6 is causing disruption and taking too long to fix, I think that is beyond your control and down to united utilities to resolve.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
OliverJohnstone
Hazel Grove Councillor

OliverJohnstone
21st July 2016 at 8:15PM
How have I been silent on this matter?

You have a barrier now because I have spent the last 6 months pushing for one - I am now standing up for you and your neighbours in the face of complaints I am getting about the lack of available car parking space.

It is not a matter of what is more important and I did not say or imply anything to suggest that this is not an important issue. However, we have had and are continuing to have issues relating to the recent flooding including assisting residents with ongoing support, the clean up of the flooding that is still ongoing and ensuring we get the answers we need.

We have had further spikes in other areas of Hazel Grove with anti-social behaviour and vandalism in the same way that you have.

Furthermore, Stepping Hill Hospital have decided to hike parking charges again and are encouraging staff and patients to park on nearby streets which of course, is causing an understandably negative response from local residents.

On top of that we have had a bus service removed, trying to ensure we get some of our roads repaired and planning our roll out of the SEMMMS mitigation measures.

I do continue to liaise with our neighbourhood policing team about this and other issues in Hazel Grove. It is not a matter of deafening silence and I resent the suggestion that I am somehow being remiss in my duty of care here.
slight-return
Villager

slight-return
21st July 2016 at 8:55PM, Edit: 21st July 2016 at 9:11PM by slight-return
Oliver on the 14th of June I asked:
14th June 2016 at 5:55PM,
Hi Oliver,

You implied you had actioned something to get the barrier installed (which was outside of the parking consultation). However, its been 3 weeks and no barrier and the parking consultation is now closed. So either way it would be appreciated if you can confirm when the barrier will go in (as it is not connected to the parking scheme in your words)?

I returned home from a few days away to see the aftermath of the floods, but that my vista was no longer the sea, but the usual chavs smoking weed, drinking, playing with their hands down their pants and pissing against the hut. The Grove is the place to raise a young family for sure, shame this park wasn't flooded, might have been a prettier site.

Today is the first time you have commented on the action since. I believe it was the lady who has now quit the council pushed equally if not harder than yourself to get this barrier in.
slight-return
Villager

slight-return
21st July 2016 at 9:10PM
Oliver don't be a martyr
"You have a barrier now " I think you mean, "we as a community have a barrier" sanctioned by those we elect to serve us, decided the business case was there to do so
"I am now standing up for you and your neighbours in the face of complaints I am getting about the lack of available car parking space." Well please read back on this thread when I asked what the plan was beyond this, surely you can anticipate this issue, close a car park, make residents only parking in the area, where did you think the cars would go!!! The fact they complain to you, means what, you ask Stepping Hill to build a new car park? Encourage the staff to use the park and ride or car pool? That residential roads that are older than the hospital are not there for the people who choose not to pay at the hospital car park, but I as a resident am charged £30 per year to park outside my home but don't complain because it means I can!

I understand about the flooding, but the police are not donning wellies and sou'wester to help out, they should be moving on the ASB and also schools and parents have a more important role to play.

"Furthermore, Stepping Hill Hospital have decided to hike parking charges again and are encouraging staff and patients to park on nearby streets which of course, is causing an understandably negative response from local residents." Then this is not a council issue but a PCT one and in the same way they probably encouraged them to park in the "football car park" I did suggest pay and display (which would pay for cctv and parking patrol), but you campaigned for a barrier in light of the ASB. I understand it's horrible to have to pay to park at work, imagine paying £10 per day or more to park in a city or getting a train, horrible isn't it! Perhaps they could speak to the people who run the car park and offer free parking or reduced for the staff. All I hear is that there is now what could easily have been anticipated and not planned out, but that as it now affects other roads an immediate solution must be found as people are NIMBY's. What about Merles there is a huge plot of land next to the hospital, build a car park there.

"On top of that we have had a bus service removed, trying to ensure we get some of our roads repaired and planning our roll out of the SEMMMS mitigation measures." Thank you your efforts are welcomed

"I do continue to liaise with our neighbourhood policing team about this and other issues in Hazel Grove. It is not a matter of deafening silence and I resent the suggestion that I am somehow being remiss in my duty of care here." Please See my other post
Serenity
Citizen

Serenity
21st July 2016 at 9:18PM, Edit: 21st July 2016 at 9:35PM by Serenity
The barrier has made a big improvement, for which I thank Oliver and Julian for their help and cooperation in getting it installed. And I think once the parking for residents only scheme gets introduced at the beginning of August it will also add to improving the area by reducing the number of out of town commuters being able to use it as an overflow car park for the hospital.

I can fully understand Oliver why the hospital and the staff are unhappy with the changes, but unfortunately it is really up to the hospital to look for a long term solution to the parking issues instead of blaming our councillors and their neighbours for seeking ways to resolve what is fundamentally their problem. This is a huge problem that has been getting significantly worse over the years, but has sadly been and is still being neglected by the hospital.

I can remember writing to the hospital 10 years ago outlining the problem and all I got back was a polite reply saying that they place notices asking that the public respect their neighbour's. Nothing more there wasnt even an acknowledgement that there was a parking problem, and that was 10 years ago.

And as for the hospital actively encouraging people to park on nearby roads ...well doesn't that say it all...

By doing so provides no long term solution and its not exactly being a good neighbour is it.

Well the area has spoken.. we signed our petitions and now we will get our parking for residents.

As for the asb less places to hide might be one solution.
OliverJohnstone
Hazel Grove Councillor

OliverJohnstone
21st July 2016 at 9:34PM
Slight-return - are you talking about the council officer who we liaised with? Yes she was very helpful but then again all officers of the Council should be and I would be concerned if they did not support me and my residents, given that is their full time job.

I did not see your post to be honest - it is easy to miss comments on this forum but I delivered on my promise to get this in place.

For reasons that escape me, I am getting the feeling that you still seem to be dissatisfied with the response you have had from me. I am up for election in a couple of years so you could try your luck with the other lot and see how far you get...

For any other residents in this area, I am still working on the anti-social behaviour in this area and will continue to do so.
OliverJohnstone
Hazel Grove Councillor

OliverJohnstone
21st July 2016 at 9:37PM
Serentiy - I am not complaining about having to defend my decisions, I am merely pointing out to Slight-return that I am not sitting on my hands doing nothing and that I am still working hard on issues in this area.

I agree with the hospital. The issue with the park and ride is it is not being used and TfGM are refusing to put up extra advertisement and signage. Regarding building a bigger car park - that is up to the Foundation Trust. We are working on raising our concerns though.
slight-return
Villager

slight-return
21st July 2016 at 9:45PM, Edit: 21st July 2016 at 9:49PM by slight-return
Oliver you and I have never met or spoken and I have never spoken to the council lady. I did offer to you but you suggested you were in talks with a neighbour, who I located and communicated with about his emails to you and Ronit/Sharon.

Yes I am unhappy, I saw a young boy punched in the face earlier, a car crash on Tuesday and some kids pissing against the hut, but no police, the kids do like sitting on the new bench, sorry barrier though.

Don't be petty, I'll score you on your merit and "the other bunch", I think you have a professional job in finance and as a councilor I would expect more from you than snipe's!
OliverJohnstone
Hazel Grove Councillor

OliverJohnstone
21st July 2016 at 9:55PM
I am not sniping, slight-return, or being petty. If you feel the service you have had from me is not satisfactory then there are alternatives and I would encourage you to exercise your rights in this regard.

I am just somewhat disappointed that you seem to be gunning for a confrontation with me even when I had delivered what was promised. I also recall you criticised me for talking about it in leaflets and are now criticising me for not talking about it enough. Not only that but you now appear to be mocking the thing that you have been chasing me about for months.

Serenity
Citizen

Serenity
21st July 2016 at 10:23PM
OliverJohnstone Wrote:

How have I been silent on this matter?

You have a barrier now because I have spent the last 6 months pushing for one - I am now standing up for you and your neighbours in the face of complaints I am getting about the lack of available car parking space.

It is not a matter of what is more important and I did not say or imply anything to suggest that this is not an important issue. However, we have had and are continuing to have issues relating to the recent flooding including assisting residents with ongoing support, the clean up of the flooding that is still ongoing and ensuring we get the answers we need.

We have had further spikes in other areas of Hazel Grove with anti-social behaviour and vandalism in the same way that you have.

Furthermore, Stepping Hill Hospital have decided to hike parking charges again and are encouraging staff and patients to park on nearby streets which of course, is causing an understandably negative response from local residents.

On top of that we have had a bus service removed, trying to ensure we get some of our roads repaired and planning our roll out of the SEMMMS mitigation measures.

I do continue to liaise with our neighbourhood policing team about this and other issues in Hazel Grove. It is not a matter of deafening silence and I resent the suggestion that I am somehow being remiss in my duty of care here.

Who are complaining to you about the lack of spaces Oliver?

And why are the hospital encouraging people to park in the adjacent streets when they know of the parking problems. What do they feel that will solve Oliver?

The new car park was always going to be a white elephant unfortunately in more ways than one.

I personally feel that you work hard to try to resolve very difficult issues. Issues that unfortunately reflect the times we're now all living in.
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >>

Part of..