Hazel Grove News

A Suburb in Stockport

10 10 / 10 from 9 Reviews

Green Lane Car Park

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >>

This post has been deleted by the author.

slight-return
Villager

slight-return
Re: Green Lane Car Park
11th May 2016 at 10:59AM
Oliver, I don't think that addresses my question at all over the short and long term planning. You merely reference planning applications being out of your control. Who is responsible, how can we contact them, are they accountable for not taking action? Can sharon.duke@stockport.gov.uk do anything? Can Ronit.bowman@stockport.gov do anything? People who are responsible for parks and green spaces and anti social behaviour?

With the Arson attack at Torkington Park last night on the bowling hut, I have real fears for the hut on the Green Lane park, as this also has a gas powered boiler on the roof, so if there was a fire, there is significant risk to residents/property. Why do the police, council and councilor seem to be so inept at dealing with these issues?

As you didn't reply to the email I sent to you (when you requested emails to be sent to you) the barrier is a good step, but a question I posed: What if......?
What if some cheeky scamp who isn't part of the football team (maybe church, hospital or resident visitor), parks there on a sunday. Do the footballers lock it in, do they leave it as they have no power to lock cars in leaving the gate open for week, if they do lock it in who lets it out and when.

Now that the football season is over for local teams, would it not be a perfect time to put a barrier up? What day would you pick, one when hospital staff are using it, an evening, the weekend. There seems to be no plan!
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
OliverJohnstone
Hazel Grove Councillor

OliverJohnstone
11th May 2016 at 2:20PM
I'm sorry Slight Return but I think your being somewhat unfair here.

The Green Lane barrier has been agreed but as part of that agreement, we will not be installing it until permit parking schemes are in operation on surrounding roads. This was widely accepted on this forum by possibly yourself as a sensible decision.

Any issues of criminality or anti-social behaviour should be reported to the police, whom are keenly aware of the issues this area has been having.

I cannot control the actions of those who seek to commit anti-social behaviour,what I can do is take actions within my power to make it less possible for them to do so or catch them in the process of doing it. This is exactly what I have done both here and at Torkington Park.

OliverJohnstone
Hazel Grove Councillor

OliverJohnstone
11th May 2016 at 2:22PM, Edit: 11th May 2016 at 2:24PM by OliverJohnstone
Any car left in the car park outside limited hours would be locked in. Outside of football matches, this car park would be off limits.

Any decision on the safety of the bowling hut is a Environmental and Health & Safety team concern BUT the enclosed changing rooms are a requirement of the league in which the football teams on Green Lane Park play.

slight-return
Villager

slight-return
20th May 2016 at 8:46AM
OliverJohnstone Wrote:

I'm sorry Slight Return but I think your being somewhat unfair here.
Not really, I asked a question, you did not address it, I made a statement, you didn't like it, you still in fairness have not answered the question about the long term plan or the fact you are touted as delivering success in a flyer about it

The Green Lane barrier has been agreed but as part of that agreement, we will not be installing it until permit parking schemes are in operation on surrounding roads. This was widely accepted on this forum by possibly yourself as a sensible decision.
Agreed, I see this is still not accepted and is in planning consent as the notices are on the lamp posts. Does raise a point though as to the the part of Green Lane that is not covered by residents parking scheme (in front of the car park) that means the hospital staff/visitors and nursery staff will fight it out over 10 spaces and probably block the access for the tractors and ambulances to the field as well as the entrance to the car park which will of course have a barrier. Was this thought about in the many months of planning? Other than that, I see objections can still be raised until early June, meaning the barrier isn't likely until late summer?

Any issues of criminality or anti-social behaviour should be reported to the police, whom are keenly aware of the issues this area has been having.
Great, please share the number of the people you interact with for these issues

I cannot control the actions of those who seek to commit anti-social behaviour,what I can do is take actions within my power to make it less possible for them to do so or catch them in the process of doing it. This is exactly what I have done both here and at Torkington Park.
Please explain more, so far barrier is the extent of your impact and the hut in TP was set a blaze, so what are the measures that have been introduced on Green Lane and TP?

OliverJohnstone
Hazel Grove Councillor

OliverJohnstone
22nd May 2016 at 6:33PM
Slight Return - the barrier has been agreed and the police are able to follow up on any reports they receive. I am concerned as to what more you would have wanted from me here?

Regarding the leaflet - I have a duty to inform residents of what's going on. You can call it claiming credit but I don't think the leaflet was over the top, misleading or inaccurate. I would get just as much if not more criticism if I didn't inform residents of what is going on.

Regarding how many people I interact with, there are local residents like yourself, the local policing team and our greenspace team at the Council along with my fellow colleagues on the Council. Altogether about 10-15 individuals.

As a side note, I have been speaking to Traffic Services and my fellow councillors about the timings and given consultation is now 3 weeks from closing on the permit parking schemes, I have requested that the barrier be installed, especially as I know from feedback from residents and my own walks down to the park in the early evening, the problem is becoming more prevalent with lighter and warmer evenings.

Furthermore, I am in the process of arranging a meeting with the neighbourhood policing team to discuss what more can be done.

Re the hut in Green Lane Park, this is not something that I can unilaterally decide. The football teams require changing rooms to be part of that league. It is an issue that has been raised but it is not in my power to remove them.
slight-return
Villager

slight-return
14th June 2016 at 5:55PM, Edit: 14th June 2016 at 5:57PM by slight-return
Hi Oliver,

You implied you had actioned something to get the barrier installed (which was outside of the parking consultation). However, its been 3 weeks and no barrier and the parking consultation is now closed. So either way it would be appreciated if you can confirm when the barrier will go in (as it is not connected to the parking scheme in your words)?

I returned home from a few days away to see the aftermath of the floods, but that my vista was no longer the sea, but the usual chavs smoking weed, drinking, playing with their hands down their pants and pissing against the hut. The Grove is the place to raise a young family for sure, shame this park wasn't flooded, might have been a prettier site.
Serenity
Citizen

Serenity
21st July 2016 at 4:44PM
slight-return Wrote:

Hi Oliver,

You implied you had actioned something to get the barrier installed (which was outside of the parking consultation). However, its been 3 weeks and no barrier and the parking consultation is now closed. So either way it would be appreciated if you can confirm when the barrier will go in (as it is not connected to the parking scheme in your words)?

I returned home from a few days away to see the aftermath of the floods, but that my vista was no longer the sea, but the usual chavs smoking weed, drinking, playing with their hands down their pants and pissing against the hut. The Grove is the place to raise a young family for sure, shame this park wasn't flooded, might have been a prettier site.

Hi slight-return has the barrier made any difference to the asb?
slight-return
Villager

slight-return
21st July 2016 at 5:08PM
No, there were some lads who crashed their car on Tuesday, whilst doing wheel spins on the road and fled the scene. They also nearly hit a resident who was entering his car.
There is a cone on the roof of the hut as I type, litter and broken beer bottles and the kids still meet to smoke drugs and drink. The barrier has made the road a quieter place in terms of litter from hospital staff, rude people cruising for a parking space and hospital staff.
The barrier also had its lock taken off within days of being installed and the council fixed it, so it was already targeted by the lovely kids who don't live on the road.

Oliver has been quiet on this whole thing though, I thought he would have been jumping all over the success of getting the barrier in.
OliverJohnstone
Hazel Grove Councillor

OliverJohnstone
21st July 2016 at 7:03PM
I don't exist purely to go around telling the world how wonderful I am sadly.

We have a number of very serious issues going on in Hazel Grove at the moment so my time is spent dealing with them at the moment.

Glad the barrier is in - I did stress when this issue was first raised that it may not solve the ASB issues completely. We will see how it goes and if there is an impact. Early days yet.
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >>

Part of..