10 10 / 10 from 9 Reviews

Green Lane Car Park

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >>

OliverJohnstone
Hazel Grove Councillor

OliverJohnstone
Re: Green Lane Car Park
1st March 2016 at 7:40AM
I do apologise for that - I will look into the email situation.

The barrier has been approved, however, it has been raised that we are dealing with a substantial parking issue in that area. Residents may be aware that we have also been working on introducing permit parking in that area too. Consequently, we are looking to see if we can schedule the permit parking and the barrier to be implemented simultaneously so as to minimise the impact on parking.

0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Serenity
Citizen

Serenity
1st March 2016 at 8:30AM
OliverJohnstone Wrote:

I do apologise for that - I will look into the email situation.

The barrier has been approved, however, it has been raised that we are dealing with a substantial parking issue in that area. Residents may be aware that we have also been working on introducing permit parking in that area too. Consequently, we are looking to see if we can schedule the permit parking and the barrier to be implemented simultaneously so as to minimise the impact on parking.

I'm not sure what you mean Oliver by minimise the impact on parking?

OliverJohnstone
Hazel Grove Councillor

OliverJohnstone
1st March 2016 at 10:40AM
The car park we are blocking off is well-used, free and quite sizeable in an area that already suffers from parking issues. We are conscious of the need to not make that problem drastically worse but obviously we need to ensure the residents are protected re the ASB and crime - hence the attempt to coordinate both solutions (permit parking and barrier).
slight-return
Villager

slight-return
1st March 2016 at 2:01PM
That sounds like a wise plan, due to the current limited non permits spaces on the roads. The hospital staff/visitors will find alternative places to park, but even St Peter's church impacts the car park, I saw footballers not able to park there on a Sunday due to Chruch goers not using the church car park. However the main issue is still not the car spaces or car park, it is prevention of ASB around the changing hut, so whilst this is a positive step, there are still challenges ahead.

But thank you for the effort and support so far.
Serenity
Citizen

Serenity
3rd March 2016 at 9:13AM
slight-return Wrote:

That sounds like a wise plan, due to the current limited non permits spaces on the roads. The hospital staff/visitors will find alternative places to park, but even St Peter's church impacts the car park, I saw footballers not able to park there on a Sunday due to Chruch goers not using the church car park. However the main issue is still not the car spaces or car park, it is prevention of ASB around the changing hut, so whilst this is a positive step, there are still challenges ahead.

But thank you for the effort and support so far.

The barrier has got to make an improvement. I suppose that the next step might have to be to unfortunately lose the shed as it always attracting unwanted behaviour. In the past it had people living in it,hiding drugs in it and vandalising it. All adds to the argument for getting rid of it.

Ano whilst we're mentioning the limited number of non residents only parking spaces I'd personally like to see all of Green Lane parking for residents only and the area turned into a parking for residents only zone with no free spaces. It's not like the church, park and hospital don't have their own parking facilities which visitors can use.

HGrover
Villager

HGrover
3rd March 2016 at 3:37PM
Oliver,
I refer back to my earlier post in this topic about the changing rooms.

Stockport Council a number of years ago started to close public toilets across Stockport to save money, yet this (as far as I aware) unused changing room continues to get council funding. This doesn’t make any sense to me and seems to be a waste of Council Tax.

Why don’t you make a business case to demolish the changing rooms, refurbish the car park, install CCTV, pay & display parking, improved lighting (and fix the drainage!). The revenues from car parking will pay the capital cost of the works over time and you will be providing much needed public parking spaces and you will be well on the way to solving your ASB problems with the CCTV monitoring.

This gives you the option to make the car park free at weekends if you want to make it available to those that enjoy their weekend football matches.

I think that this is a win-win solution that would be popular with residents, the weekend users of the park and those that need to find a parking space. The whole scheme will be revenue generating once the capital costs are paid.

What does everyone else think?
Serenity
Citizen

Serenity
7th March 2016 at 10:18AM
Forum moderators please could you update all the posts that are pending thank you😊😊
1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  

This post has been deleted by the author.

BlueGrover
Forum Moderator

BlueGrover
8th March 2016 at 8:07AM, Edit: 8th March 2016 at 8:08AM by BlueGrover
HGrover Wrote:

Oliver,
I refer back to my earlier post in this topic about the changing rooms.

Stockport Council a number of years ago started to close public toilets across Stockport to save money, yet this (as far as I aware) unused changing room continues to get council funding. This doesn’t make any sense to me and seems to be a waste of Council Tax.

Why don’t you make a business case to demolish the changing rooms, refurbish the car park, install CCTV, pay & display parking, improved lighting (and fix the drainage!). The revenues from car parking will pay the capital cost of the works over time and you will be providing much needed public parking spaces and you will be well on the way to solving your ASB problems with the CCTV monitoring.

This gives you the option to make the car park free at weekends if you want to make it available to those that enjoy their weekend football matches.

I think that this is a win-win solution that would be popular with residents, the weekend users of the park and those that need to find a parking space. The whole scheme will be revenue generating once the capital costs are paid.

What does everyone else think?

"Demolish the changing rooms....." Where do the footballers get changed?
OliverJohnstone
Hazel Grove Councillor

OliverJohnstone
8th March 2016 at 9:03AM
Some good points raised I think.

A couple of things to be aware of:

1. The changing rooms are used by the football teams and are a mandatory requirement of the league in which they participate - as is the provision of parking.

2. CCTV is an option I have thought about in conjunction with the barrier. Securing funding will be the biggest challenge for the CCTV but certainly think it's a good idea.

3. The issue with the pay and display is that it wouldn't prevent people going on the car park at night. We can barely get parking inspectors out there during the daytime.

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >>

Part of..