Green Lane Car Park

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >>

Serenity
Citizen

Serenity
Re: Green Lane Car Park
8th December 2015 at 8:58AM, Edit: 8th December 2015 at 9:00AM by Serenity
Any news Oliver on the car park?

Where have all the meetings gone were residents were given the opportunity to discuss such matters. Am I looking in the wrong place.

Do you or anyone else know of any local residents committees for Hazel Grove?
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
OliverJohnstone
Hazel Grove Councillor

OliverJohnstone
10th December 2015 at 1:17PM
Sorry only just seen this.

I am due to meet with some residents before Christmas.

The ward committees are coming back at the insistence of your local Conservative Councillors. They were cancelled some time before I joined the council BUT I am in discussions with the Council secretariat to book in some possible dates in the new year.

HGrover
Villager

HGrover
10th December 2015 at 1:47PM, Edit: 10th December 2015 at 1:47PM by HGrover
Oliver
Is it by invitation or an open meeting regarding the car park on Green Lane?
Serenity
Citizen

Serenity
10th December 2015 at 5:41PM, Edit: 10th December 2015 at 5:43PM by Serenity
Oliver when it comes to the park I would be interested in getting involved. If I was to email you would you be able to give me the details of the meeting.

OliverJohnstone
Hazel Grove Councillor

OliverJohnstone
10th December 2015 at 5:51PM
I am meeting them on a one to one basis but I am more than happy to meet with you also.

slight-return
Villager

slight-return
4th January 2016 at 1:10PM
Hi Oliver,

Just following up on the thread as it has gone quiet as to the actions/meetings planned, to report the sad news that a house facing the hut was burgled just before New Year, which had the 5 residents inside (inc children)at the time, with the shocking news that the thieves used the car park and took the time to filter through/dispose of some items behind the hut before making their escape. It would appear they planned where they could perform this crime/scouted it out and where they would not be seen/could hide in the aftermath. Interestingly there was a spike in anti-social behaviour before this, which has since died down, leading me to the conclusion those that visit the hut, are also aware of the theft/police interest.
The police are aware of the theft and you can speak with them for more detail.

What is your next planned action on the anti-social behaviour?

adzcorki
Villager

adzcorki
5th January 2016 at 9:43PM
Absolute scum. Don't worry if the police catch them, they are looking at at LEAST a one week prison sentence.
OliverJohnstone
Hazel Grove Councillor

OliverJohnstone
6th January 2016 at 8:50AM
I have just been speaking to an officer about this.

I wasn't aware of the burglary but thank you for bringing it to my attention. I have also had further reports of anti-social behaviour over the Christmas period so I will be looking carefully at this with GMP and council officers.

I think the solution to lock the car park apart from for football matches is looking increasingly attractive. However, I am concerned as to whether this will stop more serious criminal behaviour as described above - hence why I will be consulting with the police.
OliverJohnstone
Hazel Grove Councillor

OliverJohnstone
18th January 2016 at 10:38AM
Hi All

Just a quick update, I have asked council officers to draw up a proposal to install a gate on the car park which will remain locked unless there is a football match being played on the park.

I will also be having discussion with our local police force to see what can be done about anti-social behaviour, acts of lewd public behaviour and alleged drug dealing going on in the area.

Finally, as a long-term goal I will be looking to get the local resident's input into looking after this area going forward. If anyone wishes to speak to me about this in greater detail, please feel free to email me on cllr.oliver.johnstone@stockport.gov.uk.
slight-return
Villager

slight-return
27th February 2016 at 2:34PM
Hi Oliver,

Can you share what the latest situation and update is please?

I did also send you an email, but did not receive a reply.

Many Thanks
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >>

Part of..