<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >>

Serenity
Citizen

Serenity
Re: Green Lane Car Park
25th July 2016 at 7:52PM
Jenny Wrote:

Serenity Wrote:

Land bought and developed on the back of a promise to significantly reduce traffic along the A6.

And as such I'd like to see if nearly a year later this company is delivering it's promise to reduce our roads by 6,000 cars a month ...don't make me laugh..

They've done their bit, now it's down to people just like you to use it.

What do you expect Stagecoach to do, stop every car driving down the A6 and demand that they all stop and get on the bus instead?

Stagecoach have given the service, they feel it has value. If the council are serious about tackling problems, they'd be doing their bit to highlight this service, but our councillors are too interested in fighting with each other and trying to make each other look bad, rather than serving the people who they were elected to serve.

Serenity Wrote:

And yes Jenny whilst the bus company might own the land some of the buses have been partly funded by tax payers money.

From what I can see from passing by the car park nearly everyday this scheme is not working and will NEVER work.

"The £12m fleet of hybrid electric vehicles - part funded by the DfT in 2013 - which will serve the Hazel Grove Park & Ride, will enable our customers to benefit from the latest green technology the industry has to offer while they travel to and from one of the most exciting cities in the UK.

The buses were part funded by the DfT (note, not the council and nothing to do with the council) as part of an initiative to encourage bus operators to use greener and more efficient buses rather than the standard diesel buses you commonly see. Stagecoach applied for a grant towards the cost and were successful, the park and ride was not part of that, however it's been implemented by Stagecoach, off their own back, as a bonus.

Would you prefer the derelict wasteland that was there previously? From every post that you've made on the subject recently, I get the impression that you'd prefer to have the wasteland back.

Please, post with facts, not hearsay. I never mentioned the council.

Get your facts right Jenny neither did I...

As for hearsay what have I said that has been hearsay?

And as for value, if that was true people would be using the service and their not. BUT if you have evidence to the contrary please share.

And as for the land I'd have sooner they'd have built much needed affordable homes,

0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
HGrover
Villager

HGrover
25th July 2016 at 8:03PM
Jenny Wrote:

I'm not sure the residents would like having their privacy from the park taken away!

Jenny
Thank you for your input. I wasn’t suggesting the complete removal, but simply maintenance of the vegetation that is on council property and as such residents shouldn’t rely on that for privacy, but can of course plant their own trees, hedges or build fences on their own private land should they so wish.

Years ago when priorities were different the council kept the entire perimeter of the park maintained. I understand that budgets no longer allow this level of maintenance, but I am sure that it can be done on request with good and proper reason.

Thanks again for your feedback.
Jenny
Villager

Jenny
26th July 2016 at 9:07AM
Serenity Wrote:

And as for the land I'd have sooner they'd have built much needed affordable homes,

While we're in the game of taking land away from companies, shall we take some of Aldi's car park and build some affordable homes there? Afterall, the Aldi carpark is half empty most of the time, they don't need it all! Sounds ridiculous doesn't it?
Serenity
Citizen

Serenity
26th July 2016 at 10:01AM
Jenny Wrote:

Serenity Wrote:

While we're in the game of taking land away from companies, shall we take some of Aldi's car park and build some affordable homes there? Afterall, the Aldi carpark is half empty most of the time, they don't need it all! Sounds ridiculous doesn't it?

"Land away from companies"....It was unused land before. In the past 40 years I don't ever remember any companies occupying the land. So how would it be taking "land away from companies"??

Affordable homes for young people would have been a better use of yhe land and not a half cocked waste of space.
thealastairw
Villager

thealastairw
27th July 2016 at 7:41AM
Homes, even affordable ones, tend to generate more traffic. Not exactly helpful.
slight-return
Villager

slight-return
8th August 2016 at 11:17AM, Edit: 8th August 2016 at 11:27AM by slight-return
So quick update as it's all gone a bit off topic with the above comments. And for the poster who I believe implies these are "council estate kids" or "Stockport homes kids" which I think is a sweeping generalisation, some possibly are but others are not and some even get rides from the parents in new BMW's to drop them off and have a spliff by the hut and collect them later.

We finally saw the police arrive (although they missed the people) on Friday to deal with the youths with a switchblade (flick knife) and BB Gun that was being fired at homes, passing cars and people and the knife being thrown into the wooden hut. As mentioned the police drove past (didn't bother to get out), scared them off, (after the teens had left) 1 police officer left his car (everyone had gone) police left, 10 mins later youths back, but police did not return for another sweep.

1 TOTS swing now missing from the play area (probably ripped down) but perhaps the council removed it (who knows!)Which now leaves 1 tots swing and two kids swings. Lots of broken glass in the playground and car park, lots of rubbish and remnants of drug use (bags, filters, tobacco and N20 (LAUGHING GAS)) canisters.

Last week I witnessed an approx 17 year old, at about 1pm walk full length of the field to the kids play area, sit on the bench and confidently roll and smoke a joint while parents were playing with their kids, sat there for 10 mins and then proceeded to walk the full length of the field back to where he came from.

The 15-16 year olds (let's call them the should no better, but scared of their own shadow group), have now been replaced by an older, tougher group on bikes, who carry knives/switchblades and bring a pitbull with them and chase other youths out of the park and down the road towards the hospital.

Oliver I appreciate you are still dealing with all these other serious issues you previously mentioned some weeks ago, but again, what is the long term plan here? The police drive by seemed to work, but it can't just be 30 secs once a week.
sam39
Villager

sam39
9th August 2016 at 9:31AM
I wonder if the Council has considered the new Public Spaces Protection Orders? These specifically prohibit anti-social behaviour in a designated public space - breaches are a criminal offence. Of course, they have to be enforced so that might cause a problem if the police are not interested.
1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
HGrover
Villager

HGrover
9th August 2016 at 1:29PM
Oliver,
Thank you for your work so far with these issues by arranging for the car park to be closed off, getting the shrubbery maintained on Green Lane and generally liaising with GMP. You have made a good start, but clearly more needs to be done and I hope that you will continue to support the local residents to get these issues resolved.

It seems that the issue to focus on now is that of drug taking, carrying of illegal weapons and damage to council property. Would Sam39’s suggestion of a Public Space Protection Order be a viable option?

The changing rooms are certainly one area of focus of the criminal activity, could this area be protected by CCTV? Perhaps the same for the play area?

Can we have more regular patrols from GMP? If so, these need to be more than just ‘driving by’.

I appreciate that it is difficult to get funding and you have to make a strong case for any proposed changes, but the users of the park and the local residents need to feel safe. People of all ages enjoy the open space of the park and want to continue this without having to witness drug taking and the potential threat of violent and criminal acts by a small minority armed with knives and guns (as detailed in slight-return’s post on 8th August).

I hope that you will continue to support us and find ways of tackling these issues on our behalf.
slight-return
Villager

slight-return
9th August 2016 at 4:42PM
HGrover. Maybe by contacting the local police, it will at least show it is not just 1 or 2 "complainer" but a community. You can list ASB as non-urgent crime but that the Police should be aware of it.

Stepping Hill and Davenport
Phone - 0161 856 9973
stockporteast@gmp.police.uk
HGrover
Villager

HGrover
9th August 2016 at 5:53PM
Thanks for the contact info slight-return.

Excellent suggestion, we do need to get behind this as a community as you quite rightly point out and having the support of the Police has got to help.

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >>

Part of..