Hazel Grove News

A Suburb in Stockport

10 10 / 10 from 9 Reviews

good days out

Young resident
Drifter
good days out
14th June 2007 at 2:07PM
do you not think we should be trying to make hazel grove a good day out with intersting places to go and shop in not a good night out? Or we'll have to change our name again like we did a few hundred years ago to cover up a bad reputation.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Quote Report  
GillB
Townsperson

GillB
Re: good days out
15th June 2007 at 7:55AM
Unfortunately Hazel Grove isn't a Sea Side town, it doesn't host any famous land marks (the A6 doesn't count folks) or any other real 'place of interest'. So without any attractions it wont be much of a 'day out' for anyone unless they already live here and need to do a bit of shopping (or clubbing).

I think it's nice your interested in making a difference, but realistically Hazel Grove isn't and wont be a 'good day out'.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Blue Grove
Drifter
26th June 2007 at 8:17AM
No tourist attractions?
What about the pier at The Cock?
The traffic lights never fail to bring happiness.
Local spotting. A game played by "outsiders" on Friday night.
The Stop Inn.
Paddling in Torkington Park stream, followed by a picnic.
Counting 192's as they arrive/leave in convoy.
Better than Vegas!

This post has been removed by a Forum Moderator because it broke the house rules.

GillB
Townsperson

GillB
10th July 2007 at 2:27PM
Guest Wrote:

Laughing a Blue Grover!

I don't think the Grove as whole would be easy to sell as a good day out but there are loads and loads of events on in the Grove which would make a good day out.

Carnival, Circus, Fair (weather permitting)

Lots of school fairs, car boot sales, children's fun day in the park (1st August this year).

Many of the clubs and societies and churches hold events as well.

As Blue said, a picnic in the park is a lovely way to while away a few hours and there are some great picnic spots up the back of Torkington road - follow some of the public footpath signs.

So, there are some great days out to be had.

Adora

Really? how come I never seem to hear about these events? I think we should encourage the event organisers to their events on here, or maybe even post them our selfs to let other Grovers know about them.

Part of..