Hazel Grove News

A Suburb in Stockport

10 10 / 10 from 9 Reviews

FIREWORKS....

Mr D Jones
Drifter
FIREWORKS....
18th October 2011 at 1:14PM
The firework time has come round once again, when the younger folk have use of pyrotechnics openly bought from high street venders. Every year they are incidents with folk hurt or worse. I love to see the displays especially at the Strawberry gardens etc etc. Why dont the 'health and safety' put some sort of ruling to make it a safe evening with only controlled displays, and stop trying to destroy the self employed working community.

This is my rant, and i know i sound like a miserable old git, but i see more and more TV coverage each year of the emergency services in virtual war scenes with firework abuse from the public.

0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Quote Report  
deano
Drifter
Re: FIREWORKS....
19th October 2011 at 1:34PM
i agree with what your saying they started around here a couple of weeks ago and were still going off at 2am on saturday...no doubt there will be loads of kids injured again this year due to every corner shop selling the things.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
mrs v
Drifter
20th October 2011 at 2:02PM
couldn't agree more,the problem is people are making money out of these things.If the price covered the hospital bills for those injured each year they would soon go out of business.
Coleman
Forum Moderator

Coleman
20th October 2011 at 4:57PM
Guest Wrote:

couldn't agree more,the problem is people are making money out of these things.If the price covered the hospital bills for those injured each year they would soon go out of business.

To be honest i don't have a whole lot of sympathy for the vast amount of people injured by fireworks! Usually it's those who mess about with them or buy them on the cheap with out the BS marks!

I love fireworks and think it would be a huge shame if they ever banned them, but i have to say it is far to easy for kids to get hold of them and they should only be sold for 14 days around bonfire night!

Part of..

Tagged With..