10 10 / 10 from 9 Reviews

Eu referendum.

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >>

OliverJohnstone
Hazel Grove Councillor

OliverJohnstone
Re: Eu referendum.
11th May 2016 at 8:42AM
On what are you basing that reasoning Twisted?
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Serenity
Citizen

Serenity
11th May 2016 at 8:52AM
TwistedBanana Wrote:

I think Serenity that you are proving my earlier point that there are so many arguments and counter arguments that we dont stand a cat in hells chance of making an informed decision.

I will make my decision based on how i know it will affect me in a business sense. Moving out of the EU Zone will have a drastic affect on the size of the market i sell in to, I will no longer be able to compete with local suppliers of the same product in EU conuntries, i will have to limit my market to the UK,

I appreciate that TwistedBanana. But unfortunately David Cameron has tried to get change within the EU and has failed to do so. So any future changes to me seems unrealistic.

Mass immigration is a big problem now and one that is not being tackled by the EU (because of the freedom of movement act that creates it), which was fine when not so many countries were within the EU, but not now.

Part of me woukd like to remain in the EU for all the positives that you have outlined. But realistically I just cant see that if over the next few years we continue to remain within the EU that unbearbale pressure wouldnt be put on our already depleted resources until we are truly are unable to cope under the pressure.

If we are to believe what we're always being told by all the politicians that our nhs, schools, and housing just can't cope as it is now and that small businesses are being forced to close because of EU regulations, then I really think that we're best out.

So whilst all you have said might be true and you as a business might find it difficult if we leave the EU, if our infustructure can't cope any longer which I really believe it wouldnt be able to do with the way immigration is going, then the only sensible way to vote for the future is to leave the EU. This will enable us to restrict immigration and plan with what available resources we have or have not as the case may be. But at least it'll be our country deciding.
TwistedBanana
Townsperson

TwistedBanana
11th May 2016 at 8:59AM
But if we stem immigration, who will Olivers colleagues have to clean their houses, feed their swans and tend their acreage for £2.00 an hour while claiming back £8.00

You havent thought this through Serenity
Serenity
Citizen

Serenity
11th May 2016 at 9:34AM
Cheap labour? Isn't that what the EU has created. Isn't that part of the problem. EU immigrants coming to Britian to get better wages. Hence employers getting a cheaper workforce and wanting to stay within the EU.

Why haven't I thought it through TwistedBanana. I'm open to any decision making information.
TwistedBanana
Townsperson

TwistedBanana
11th May 2016 at 3:32PM
Serenity Wrote:

Cheap labour? Isn't that what the EU has created. Isn't that part of the problem. EU immigrants coming to Britian to get better wages. Hence employers getting a cheaper workforce and wanting to stay within the EU.

Why haven't I thought it through TwistedBanana. I'm open to any decision making information.

My tongue is still firmly in my cheek - i thought the mention of swans may have given it away :D
TwistedBanana
Townsperson

TwistedBanana
11th May 2016 at 3:42PM
OliverJohnstone Wrote:

On what are you basing that reasoning Twisted?

Ollie, I sell German written financial software that I can easily sell at the moment to a Spanish based company that trades into the UK (for example). I, and most in my industry can only see that line of business drying up as we will find it much harder to compete with the local partner. The legislative nature of financial software across borders means that by isolating ourselves we will complicate the legislation which will make it harder to sell but also harder to compete.

At the moment it is easy for us to sell and compete in the Eurozone, we look for this business as opposed to business outside of it due to the financial legislation difficulties. Although the software is multi lingual, multi currency, multi legisaltion, it still a lot easier for me to sell into Madrid, Paris or Munich than it is into New York, Jakarta or Moscow
vulcanman
Townsperson

vulcanman
11th May 2016 at 4:39PM
For the second time in history I have to agree with Twisted. I find myself in a similar boat involving export/import in the EU. It being a simple matter that business will be more difficult and whether we like it or not, we will still have to abide by EU standards in every respect. From a business perspective, I simply don't see the upside in Brexit.
TwistedBanana
Townsperson

TwistedBanana
11th May 2016 at 5:13PM
vulcanman Wrote:

For the second time in history I have to agree with Twisted. I find myself in a similar boat involving export/import in the EU. It being a simple matter that business will be more difficult and whether we like it or not, we will still have to abide by EU standards in every respect. From a business perspective, I simply don't see the upside in Brexit.

getting out of this agreeing lark VM - We will have to get the subject back on to academy schools :D
slim
Townsperson

slim
11th May 2016 at 5:24PM
Can we have the election tomorrow as I don't see what another 6 weeks of BS and each side taking pot shots at each offer and giving little relevant info is going to acheave ?

sam39
Villager

sam39
12th May 2016 at 11:59AM
Oliver says: 'Turning to the idea of not having a clue what happens if we leave - it is an unfair expectation of the leave campaign in many ways. Those who want to leave are not an entity like a political party that advocates one specific policy alternative. Those who want to leave are heterogeneous and have varying opinions. The stay campaign are similarly as divided with what happens in Europe if we choose to remain, but they aren't expecting to draw up a 5 year plan.'
I have heard other leavers say this, but it is the most egregious abdication of responsibility by these irresponsible people who offer no definite future but expect us to vote for their dream. Dealing with the remain position first, we know the direction of travel the Treaties are there, Cameron has struck his deal - our vetos are intact: we will not join schengen, nor the Euro, nor an EU army, Turkey will not be in the EU, nor will we be involved in 'ever closer union' We will continue to enjoy the trading benefits of the single market and British people will continue to holiday in Spain without let or hindrance. Oliver admits Leave offer nothing - an irresponsible leap in the dark (can you tell me Oliver if I will require a visa to go to France?), as Stanley Baldwin (a conservative) said: the exercise of 'power without responsibility the prerogative of the Harlot through the ages'
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >>

Part of..