10 10 / 10 from 9 Reviews

Environment & Economy Committee 2nd June 2016

OliverJohnstone
Hazel Grove Councillor

OliverJohnstone
Environment & Economy Committee 2nd June 2016
1st June 2016 at 7:46PM
Hi All

This year I have been re-appointed as Chair of the Environment & Economy Scrutiny Committee on Stockport Council.

Tomorrow night we have our first meeting of the municipal year which has some really interesting items on the agenda that will be of interest to some of you who are regular readers of this forum.

We will be looking at amongst other items, the performance of Council departments that oversee parks, leisure, economy and regeneration, employment, highways and public realm.

We will also be reviewing an item on the proposed Poynton Relief Road which will have some impact on Hazel Grove.

The meeting will be webcast which you can access via the Council's website. This gives you an opportunity to not only see me (one of your local representatives) in action but also to listen to debate and scrutiny of some of the most important issues and policies that impact Hazel Grove.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Serenity
Citizen

Serenity
Re: Environment & Economy Committee 2nd June 2
1st June 2016 at 9:13PM
OliverJohnstone Wrote:

Hi All

This year I have been re-appointed as Chair of the Environment & Economy Scrutiny Committee on Stockport Council.

Tomorrow night we have our first meeting of the municipal year which has some really interesting items on the agenda that will be of interest to some of you who are regular readers of this forum.

We will be looking at amongst other items, the performance of Council departments that oversee parks, leisure, economy and regeneration, employment, highways and public realm.

We will also be reviewing an item on the proposed Poynton Relief Road which will have some impact on Hazel Grove.

The meeting will be webcast which you can access via the Council's website. This gives you an opportunity to not only see me (one of your local representatives) in action but also to listen to debate and scrutiny of some of the most important issues and policies that impact Hazel Grove.

Thanks Oliver I'll hopefully be watching if I can get the webcast to work.

Can you say if you think that the Poynton relief road will have a positive effect on Hazel Grove.

I read somewhere that High Lane are looking to have a sound reducing surface laid to the main road because of the extra traffic that they feel this road will generate. Can the Grove get the same, please.

OliverJohnstone
Hazel Grove Councillor

OliverJohnstone
Re: Environment & Economy Committee 2nd June 2
2nd June 2016 at 9:51AM
Let me know if you have any issues with the webcast.

Re Poynton Relief Road - too early to say as I haven't yet seen any of the modelling. I have requested a meeting with officers to go through this with the other councillors in Hazel Grove and myself.

The initial feedback from the officers at the Council is that whilst A6MARR and the Poynton Relief Road will as schemes technically reduce traffic at that end of Hazel Grove (i.e. A6/Buxton Road, Fiveways, Chester Road - Dean Lane) the broader picture shows a net increase in traffic in the coming years.

This kind of backs up my commonly held belief that the situation will continue to get worse until we build the A6 to M60 bypass - the study into which has finally been commissioned.

Regarding improvements in Hazel Grove - yes we do have a pot of cash for investment in complimentary measures in Hazel Grove. I am in the process of arranging an initial kick off meeting with officers to plan out some proposals for that money and then look to roll out to consultation.

Naturally, if there are any proposals that you want to see, I am happy to listen to them.

Part of..