10 10 / 10 from 9 Reviews

Electrical Cabling Work on Torkington Road

OliverJohnstone
Hazel Grove Councillor

OliverJohnstone
Electrical Cabling Work on Torkington Road
2nd October 2013 at 4:50PM, Edit: 2nd October 2013 at 4:54PM by OliverJohnstone
Dear all

Just to inform you that contractors will be working on behalf of Electricity North West to install 33kv cabling on Torkington Road in the coming month and a half.

The work will be carried out in two stints. Firstly at the junction with Highfield Road from 12th October 2013 to 13th October 2013. Secondly, from the junction with Highfield Road to the Torkington Manor apartments from 19th Octobrer 2013 to 17th November 2013.

Multi-way signals will be in-use for the duration of these works.

0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
glenandem
Forum Moderator

glenandem
Re: Electrical Cabling Work on Torkington Road
2nd October 2013 at 11:02PM
Top man for keeping us informed, nice to see our local mp's working for us!!
By any chance do u know what they're building on the old tip site,is it a proper new designed tip now we don't have one?
Norma_Stitts
Supervised

Norma_Stitts
3rd October 2013 at 12:57AM
glenandem Wrote:

By any chance do u know what they're building on the old tip site,is it a proper new designed tip now we don't have one?

Posting from a phone, I will have a proper look tomorrow... http://www.stockport.gov.uk/2013/2978/8803/torkingtonlodge

Looks like it will be C2 or C3 on the face of it (don't think there is a need for offices/general industry thee) so either a residential institution (a crinkley home) or residential dwellings. If it is houses they appear to want 35% 'affordable housing' as a minimum, maybe as much as 50%?
Damien
Villager

Damien
3rd October 2013 at 12:56PM
glenandem Wrote:

Eh? Oliver isn't an MP nor is he a councillor. Just a regular Joe like you and me. Though he was a candidate for councillor against Hogg a few years back. You are probably thinking of William Wragg who's is one of our councillors and is apparently going to be conservative candidate as MP for Hazel Grove.

1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
glenandem
Forum Moderator

glenandem
3rd October 2013 at 10:14PM
Ah right I thought he was as I remember previous posts in past he was very political and I think he did run against Hogg and maybe that's where I got it from lol
OliverJohnstone
Hazel Grove Councillor

OliverJohnstone
6th October 2013 at 10:55AM
Just to follow up. You are quite right I am not a councillor nor am I an MP. I am keen on standing again though because I feel that we deserve better representation in Hazel Grove and that we need fresh ideas and vision if we are going to regain a sense of pride in the area we live in.

Hopefully you will be receiving leaflets and letters from William and I.
OliverJohnstone
Hazel Grove Councillor

OliverJohnstone
6th October 2013 at 11:05AM
Also glenandem - they are building a care home on the old Torkington tip site. It was commissioned by a Northwest-based care group known as Olea Care.

Hope this helps.
glenandem
Forum Moderator

glenandem
6th October 2013 at 1:39PM
Cheers pal, is Andrew stunnel a hazel grove mp as I heard he's retiring this year and wasn't sure if he was a Grover or not?
I'm not very clued up on local politicians as you can see, I know wragg is a local cllr as I spoke to him and he took time to get me an appointment at the town hall with the head of planning when I was concerned about the route and impact of the relief rd on my property and have to say he's a nice chap!!
OliverJohnstone
Hazel Grove Councillor

OliverJohnstone
6th October 2013 at 4:49PM
Andrew Stunell is the current MP for Hazel Grove but he has announced that he will be retiring at the next General Election so will not be standing again. William Wragg is one of your local councillors but will be standing for election for parliament in 2015.

I know William will be very pleased that he was able to help you.

Part of..