A Suburb in Stockport

10 10 / 10 from 9 Reviews

dog poop

natbags
Villager

natbags
dog poop
8th February 2013 at 12:51PM
I realise that i may not be the first person to moan about this,but is anyone else out there sick and tired of walking their kids to school and having no choice but to play dodge the dog poo? Does anyone know who it is that lets their dog fowel the footpaths along the length of Peter Street and Grove Street on a regular basis,usually i think sometime during the evening? Can anything be done about this if i was to spot the inconsiderate owner,other than me trying to rub their nose in it!?
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
soapy_duck
Villager

soapy_duck
Re: dog poop
8th February 2013 at 2:33PM, Edit: 8th February 2013 at 2:39PM by Adora
This would probably be a good place to start as you can request clean up, and if you manage to identify the irresponsible scum, you can report them.

Stockport Environmental services link click here
natbags
Villager

natbags
8th February 2013 at 4:07PM
Thankyou i found that helpful and have got onto it,though i do need to catch them in the act to actualy get anything done(which stands to reason) other than the dog warden coming to clean it up for it to happen again and again.I want to see this person prosecuted but i think it'l be near impossible to find them short of prowling the streets at night myself,which i am abit wary of doing! Have requested signage though so i can only hope!
JoJo
Villager

JoJo
10th February 2013 at 2:37PM
I'm sick of this problem too. Since my car got vandalised (yet again) I've had to walk my daughter to school every day and the 20 minute trip is full of me moaning at her to avoid the dog poo. I know it's the minority that let their dog foul anywhere but it's beyond a joke.

I like your optimism in terms of requesting signs but I doubt they'll do much unfortunately
natbags
Villager

natbags
10th February 2013 at 6:56PM
I know i'm abit hopeful, i'm not realy expecting signs to work either but i'd rather try and do something than nothing. It just disgusts me,twice i'v had to bring my sons shoes home after dropping him off and clean them up( using the outside tap with 2 pairs of rubber gloves on!)The third time i ended up bagging them and sticking them in the bin and forking out for another pair, by that time i'd realy had enough! Like you say it is a small minority of people,but what inconsiderate people they are.
slim
Townsperson

slim
10th February 2013 at 7:45PM
Inconsiderate seems to sum up so many in society these days it's so disheartening if people would just stop and think about there actions and how they impact on others life would be a lot more pleasent.
1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report