Hazel Grove News

A Suburb in Stockport

10 10 / 10 from 9 Reviews

Do we really need more of the same

<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>

This post has been deleted by the author.

cooper120
Villager

cooper120
Re: Longer opening hours for ASDA WHY........
7th November 2014 at 2:10PM
Serenity Wrote:

As for Tesco at the 5 ways do they serve alcohol until 11.

No, they serve it until 12.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
TwistedBanana
Townsperson

TwistedBanana
Re: Do we really need more of the same
18th November 2014 at 4:14PM
If it opens until midnight will i still be greeted with "sorry about your wait" in a monosyllabic drone (even when i haven't waited) or some other odius Wallmart drivel.

For what its worth Serenity, i think you have put over many valid points, and without getting too involved in the forum discussion (i haven't got the time and most points have been covered)i personally don't see any requirement for stores in built up areas to open at these hours. Out of town centres can do this.

I would also like to see how Asda plan to manage this and the pressure they put on staff. Retail already has a pretty poor record in how they treat their staff (particularly their store managers) often being paid for a 40 hour week when more often or not working 60 hour week. My money is on more hours for managers with no extra reward (common practice in the retail sector).

Do we really need the extra hours, are there really lots of shift workers saying "thank god for that, we can now shop, up until now we have never managed"!!!!!

Jees, my parents managed to both work (dad on shifts, mum couldn't drive) bring up a family of six, with limited freezer options and shops that shut at six

Are these extra hours needed? Are they just a way of utilising the store which is already being lit and heated for night staff? I dont live in the houses backing on to the store but i can see how it would be disturbing.

Even if some of you think Serenity's points aren't strong enough, they are still valid and and personally i think they are very relevant

I can not see any real reason that this should happen, i do see many small reasons why it shouldn't
Ankersman
Villager

Ankersman
Re: Do we really need more of the same
18th November 2014 at 5:06PM
I go in after 9pm sometimes and it is empty.
<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>

Part of..