10 10 / 10 from 9 Reviews

Disgusted with the Tories.

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 27 28 29 >>

cllrkevinhogg
Hazel Grove Councillor

cllrkevinhogg
Re: Disgusted with the Tories.
7th November 2015 at 4:06PM
Good posts these some politicking from vulcans henchman but otherwise decent debate with, I feel some shift in attitudes.
There are lots of jobs out there but paying commision only one of my grandsons signed off and took one full of hope he worked for3weeks selling double glazing and earned precisely nothing.
Those jobs are there in abundance but the old rule still applies, any fool can work for nothing
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
cllrkevinhogg
Hazel Grove Councillor

cllrkevinhogg
7th November 2015 at 4:28PM
Sorry it was blue grovers henchman
Serenity
Citizen

Serenity
7th November 2015 at 6:31PM, Edit: 7th November 2015 at 6:32PM by Serenity
cllrkevinhogg Wrote:

Good posts these some politicking from vulcans henchman but otherwise decent debate with, I feel some shift in attitudes.
There are lots of jobs out there but paying commision only one of my grandsons signed off and took one full of hope he worked for3weeks selling double glazing and earned precisely nothing.
Those jobs are there in abundance but the old rule still applies, any fool can work for nothing

But isn't that the problem Kevin - its easy to become negative once you realise that things aren't what you thought they would be. Unfortunately though that's life - we can't all have the perfect job. But I wouldn't let your grandson start to develop the type of mind-set that says give up because the pays not great. There are lots of other reasons why he's better off in work. Your grandson has got to start somewhere and it's all good experience. My daughter started her working life by doing work experience then she worked for a year in a temporary admin position then she went onto agency work and went back to night school to update her IT skills (which she financed herself) and now she's in a full time admin job. So whilst any fool can work for nothing - the experience he will gain will hopefully not be for nothing.
cllrkevinhogg
Hazel Grove Councillor

cllrkevinhogg
7th November 2015 at 6:47PM
Yes he won't fall into that trap again
Mozza
Townsperson

Mozza
11th November 2015 at 10:12AM, Edit: 11th November 2015 at 10:13AM by Mozza
Every day I despair at the pure disconnected cheekiness of these Tory boys, guffawing round Westminster..
They're going to break the country ...at the expense of the poor, these policies won't affect them and their lives.
Oh and for once. I agree with Kevin - there is a switch in attitude. People aren't going to take this for long. We've been too hard nosed for too long now..we don't beleive that five years of a Tory chancellor we're still making massive cuts and not seeing the benefits (and now we're starting to doubt that it was labours fault anyway, with major consultancies reporting that it was a worldwide trend!!)

I enclose a bit of Conservative "head the clouds" from this week..and don't forget, the council leader that's pointing out the truth to Cameron is a big Tory himself!

The PM, who represents a local constituency in Oxfordshire as an MP, had written to the council leader to bemoan proposed cuts to frontline services in his own area – including elderly day centres, museums, and libraries.

He claimed that the council should be making “back-office savings” and protecting frontline services, that spending had increased in the authority in recent years, and that he was “disappointed” in cuts.

Mr Hudspeth wrote back to explain the council’s budget situation to the PM, who appeared unaware that cuts to local authorities would mean significant reductions to frontline local services.

“Excluding schools, our total government grants have fallen from £194m in 2009/10 to £122m a year in 2015/16, and are projected to keep falling at a similar rate,” the council leader said.

“I cannot accept your description of a drop in funding of £72m or 37% as a ‘slight fall’.”

The Conservative councillor also explained that an assertion by the PM that only £204m in cuts had been made in the local area was in fact wrong and that £626m had in fact been cut.
2 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Mozza
Townsperson

Mozza
12th November 2015 at 6:23PM
Now the ambulances are missing targets.

If the British public let them get away with this at the next election, itd be suicide.
cllrkevinhogg
Hazel Grove Councillor

cllrkevinhogg
12th November 2015 at 7:27PM
They will, they did last time.
OliverJohnstone
Hazel Grove Councillor

OliverJohnstone
13th November 2015 at 9:38AM
Far better to bury one's head in the sand and pretend structural deficits don't matter.....

I am not entirely sure about the ambulance thing - do you have a link?
Mozza
Townsperson

Mozza
13th November 2015 at 9:51AM
Oliver. You have a fit and healthy economy when the workforce is fit and healthy. The Tories aren't seeing beyond cuts to the poorest.
The below link not only points out bad waiting times for ambulances, but also increases to cancer waiting times. It's shameful.

OliverJohnstone
Hazel Grove Councillor

OliverJohnstone
13th November 2015 at 9:58AM
That argument doesn't marry with what the figures and research shows. Employment in the population is at its highest level since records began, living standards have returned to pre-crisis levels, the economy is growing.

I appreciate that we haven't solved poverty and I would never claim to have done that but I think the idea that the UK workforce is the sick man of the developed world is unsubstantiated.

Can you post the link?

And yet Mozza all these issues with NHS waiting times are happening despite the Tories being the only party who pledged to ring fence NHS spending and our commitment to meet the £8 billion funding gap.
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 27 28 29 >>

Part of..