10 10 / 10 from 9 Reviews

Disgusted with the Tories.

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 27 28 29 >>

TwistedBanana
Townsperson

TwistedBanana
Re: Disgusted with the Tories.
4th November 2015 at 9:02AM
If somebody is working and earns a wage that is deemed to be below what is livable therefore receives a top up from the government, who is actually on benefits? The employer is the one on benefits, they are the ones utilising the Working tax credits to their own end, to allow them to pay less. We have seen less and less even inflation related wage rises in recent years ,particularly in the private sector. We now have the most twisted cocked up tax system in the first world, we have a system which doesn't know its arse from its elbow, we have a system that needs a massive reform. Its not rocket science, we all have a tax code, the HMRC has full visibility of what of what we earn, so why do we have to spend millions on sending letters, manning call centres, advertising campaigns etc to chase up claimants for WFTC

The very same reason so many systems in this country are put in place, they are put in to route out the odd scrounger, the odd dad who spent his old Married Mans Allowance at the bar and not on his family.This was were these family tax credits came from, to replace some legacy tax benefits that in some cases maybe weren't being spent where they should have been.

We have a benefits system for the unemployed that treats the recently made unemployed like criminals (believe me, I had to bear the indignity of that a couple of years ago) because there are a small minority of scroungers and fiddlers. The cost of me at the time going in and signing on every couple of weeks could be negated for the first few months of unemployment, the cost savings would be huge, as the majority of people made unemployed are actually working again within a few months, and believe me this isn't due to support from the Job Centre+ it is through their own initiatives. I could give you a list of things that you wouldn't believe unless you saw it. I actually didn't want to sign on but needed to as this is what my own privately paid redundancy cover used as proof i wasn't working. Anyway I digress, what I am getting at is there is millions of pounds wasted as the systems are designed around the minority and not the majority, so the majority have to suffer

The day you go to a job centre and get told that if you attend an interview which means you will miss your sign on day,then you will possibly miss out on your benefits that week and will be hauled in front of a senior JC+ manager to explain yourself, as well as them contacting the interviewer to get them to prove you were going for an interview (how good does that look) is the day you realise how very fecked up our system is and how this country is run by idiots. That last statement is aimed at all parties, the middle management of this country is in disarray, constantly changing, constantly fire-fighting, never planning, never preparing
1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Sevenmilesout
Townsperson

Sevenmilesout
4th November 2015 at 1:25PM
The CON Party sick joke.

There is no justification in gifting top earners a tax reduction and then punishing the poorest in the country. Especially as the accomplished liar, Porky Cameron expressly promised no cuts to WTC's. Having paid bundles of tax at top rates, in excess of the current percentage, I never begrudged the contribution I made to helping people worse off than me.

There is no justification for NOT pursuing tax evaders and avoiders with the same aggression and planned deliberation that is metered out to benefit claimants. Porky Cameron chose his cabinet and put the U.K's most disgusting excuse for a human being, Duncan-Smith in charge of the DWP. Another accomplished liar.

The main problem with the UK and in particular, the CON Party, is absolute greed, nothing else.

Yes, it was the last real UK government that saw the Global Banking Crisis in advance of any other country in 2008 and nationalised parts of the banking industry. God only knows what Gideon, the towel folder would have done in that instance. He can't even count, let alone level the national debt as he promised to do by 2015. And yes, it is Osborne that has sold it off cheaply too, in the main, to their buddies in the city. And yet, they managed to convince the electorate in May, with a lot of help from the right wing media monopoly that it was all the fault of the Labour Government. Why are people so easily led and accepting of such proven liars?

The CON Party mantra....."Profit before People"

0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
TwistedBanana
Townsperson

TwistedBanana
4th November 2015 at 1:42PM, Edit: 4th November 2015 at 1:43PM by TwistedBanana
Aahh, I love it when the thread turns to Ian Duncan Smith, possibly one of the biggest wastes of oxygen there has ever been.

If I saw Ian Duncan Smith on fire and I had a glass of water................. I would glass him!!!

This is a guy who has fecked up everything he has ever touched
He has lived in his Father In Laws back garden all his married life like the scrounger he is
He lied on his CV about where he attended further education, instant dismissal in most cases, not his.
He lied about his Army record on his CV, instant dismissal in most cases, not his.
The UK statistics authority had to reprimand him for statistical lies and making stuff up, sacked for incompetency in most cases, not his.
Every department he has run has failed to hit targets and fulfil promises by a country mile, at a cost of millions to the tax payer, sacked for gross stupidity in most cases, not his.

The list is endless, is he a liar like so many other politicians? yes of course he is. Where he is slightly different is that the man is a complete idiot, he wouldn't hold down even the most basic of roles in a normal way of life. Good job his father in law holds just a bit of influence to keep the embarrassment gainfully employed. Either that or he holds something over Cameron even bigger than Bacongate
Coleman
Forum Moderator

Coleman
4th November 2015 at 2:47PM
Goggins Wrote:

Coleman Wrote:

Personally i have little time for all these people who expect everyone else to look after them, i work hard, as does my partner and we do ok
Presumably, you look after yourselves: you were privately educated and didn't scrounge an education off the state at the expense of hardworking taxpayers? You have private health insurance and would never scrounge a free doctor's appointment? You arrange your own waste disposal rather than relying on my council tax payents to have it done for you? You only ever buy books and would never scrounge a free book loan off the state?
Every single person in this country pays tax and every single person in this country benefits from public spending. We are all benefit scroungers. It's a shame so many have fallen for the divide and conquer, strivers and shirkers sophistry.

So many errors i don't know where to start.

Not every single person pays tax, thats the point!

No i didn't have a private education, health care, etc. but i have and continue to pay taxes for all these things, i pay the taxes with money i have earned by working!

Again that is the point!
Mozza
Townsperson

Mozza
4th November 2015 at 3:51PM
Another lovely bit of class from the Tories this week, jeering at a question about cuts to the poor.
Dunno if it's more embarrassing than the Tory MP who stood up in parliament for nearly 2 hours so they missed a vote on charging for hospital parking, this week, but its close.

Let's hope our lovely William isn't jeering too.
cllrkevinhogg
Hazel Grove Councillor

cllrkevinhogg
4th November 2015 at 4:30PM
Don't worry he did in council so I can't see a change happening. Where is he by the way not seen or heard of him since becoming MP. Wait for oliver to come on in reply, waste of space as MP
Mozza
Townsperson

Mozza
4th November 2015 at 4:42PM
That will get a big sulky response Kevin and you know it.

I'm really disappointed with their work and visablity. This will all be different come election..they'll be all over it.

Anyway...Andrew Stunnel was a chocolate teapot for younger families...that's how I felt anyway. And that Lisa Smart they parachuted in...uggg..and that flipping married Lib Dem councillor couple..they were terrible, and they're still using that woman who wrote the email saying she was a labour campaign director when really she was working for the lib dems.

Soon as politicians realise people don't want to hear the B******T, the better.
Goggins
4th November 2015 at 7:22PM
Coleman Wrote:

Not every single person pays tax, thats the point!
Every single person pays tax. The fact that you don't realise this was very much my point.
Coleman Wrote:

i have and continue to pay taxes for all these things
If, as you say, you and your partner "do OK" then I doubt your contribution is more than a small fraction of the cost of the state benefits you use. The bulk of the burden of their cost is bourne by the very richest in society - and that's right - and the rest of us rely on them (or scrounge, sponge etc.) - and that's right - to fund the things that set mature societies apart from countries with no taxation, no infrastructure, no state. Far too many of us live in self-satisfied ignorance, believing that the small bit of income tax gives them rights to society that they would deny to others because they are paying for it, when really they are not.
cllrkevinhogg
Hazel Grove Councillor

cllrkevinhogg
4th November 2015 at 7:39PM
Mozza not giving you bullshit never have despite my detractors/opponents always tell it how it is, sometimes people don't like it ie sainsbury
But hey ho thats life
cllrkevinhogg
Hazel Grove Councillor

cllrkevinhogg
4th November 2015 at 7:44PM
Coleman everyone apart from childre pay large amounts of tax, its called vat and the tories are in talks to raise it to 25%, not a scare story comes from inside info. Also fuel tax even if you use the bus it's partof the fare. Road tax, etc. income tax is only a small part of what we all pay
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 27 28 29 >>

Part of..