Disgusted with the Tories.

<< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 27 28 29 >>

vulcanman
Townsperson

vulcanman
Re: Disgusted with the Tories.
2nd November 2015 at 10:50AM
cllrkevinhogg Wrote:

Try putting up the taxes of those that can afford it inheritance tax put a 90%tax on bankers bonuses better than that jail the buggers al a iceland. We are once again approaching a bust economy but the gov dare not tell us that. By the way how much is this much vaunted deficit,how much have they paid off debt, no they haven' the debt is now massively higher than after nearly 6 years of tory government

So exactly how does putting the taxes up on bankers etc. help small business pay higher wages??? Clearly I am missing something here.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Sevenmilesout
Townsperson

Sevenmilesout
2nd November 2015 at 9:08PM, Edit: 3rd November 2015 at 11:08AM by Sevenmilesout
The Con Party lied and cheated to win the Election, backed up heavily by the right wing media monopoly.

Any decent person who voted for Porky Cameron and his shower of crony liars, must bear the result on their conscience. I did my best before the election to convince a few forum members, but it fell on deaf ears.

The Con Party mantra has always been "Profit before People" and it will never change. We have a four and a half years before we can rid the country of this blight.

The excuse for a Prime Minister was asked the question SIX times at PMQ's with regard to WTC's and would not answer. A spineless man of straw and compulsive liar.

The voters of Hazel Grove, in common with some other constituencies have a lot to answer for when they added another Con Party nodding dog to the pack. I would be genuinely ashamed if I had voted for them.
1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
elephant
Villager

elephant
3rd November 2015 at 12:51AM
I am really sick of all this back biting.
What happened to the war spirit. no handout then. Everone looked to work and do the best they could. This really is becoming a nanny state with winjers all the time. politics aside sort yourselves out. my family had plenty lived off it but didnt make it work. I now have plenty through hard work and a good partner without any handouts at all from family or gov and i am very proud of where I am today.

Mozza
Townsperson

Mozza
3rd November 2015 at 6:37AM, Edit: 3rd November 2015 at 6:39AM by Mozza
Just because you can do something, doesn't mean everyone can.
I'm sick of this turning into a society like the USA, where they literally don't give a damn about the poor, and dollars shout the loudest. That's not the UK, its not why the NHS was invented, for eg.
What happened to us wanting to look after people to get them back on the their feet? Taking thousands off poor families is not going to help -especially when you're bailing out rich bankers and coughing up billions to arms companies..letting property developers have their way while families are at food banks and in small rooms.

Then not answering the questions on who it'd affect, having jolly laughs at people in desperate need? THAT'S the Conservatives.
Coleman
Forum Moderator

Coleman
3rd November 2015 at 11:19AM
I never knew there were so many Lefties about. Personally i have little time for all these people who expect everyone else to look after them, i work hard, as does my partner and we do ok, neither of us have ever been on the dole or collected benefits beyond the £20 a week that everyone gets.

Yeah they are trying to cut benefits, but i agree they are too high at present. People expect to be gifted a high standard of living. Benefits should be a lifeline to ensure people can survive and nothing more. You want a good quality of life, then get off your arse and earn it like the rest of us! I think its a sad state of affairs that we have a society that are content relying on others, i would be mortified if i had to do that and would work 10 hour days 7 days a week if i had to before i let it come to that.
vulcanman
Townsperson

vulcanman
3rd November 2015 at 11:38AM
Well said indeed Coleman. The problem often starts with false expectations of young people can move into their first home and then immediately get all those luxury's most people had to work hard to get years ago like TV's etc. So now they buy a TV, iPhone, Broadband, ... and then don't have enough money for food ... go figure. People need to live within their own means. If they did this, then the state would afford to look after the real tough cases where need is real rather than upside down budgeting.
Mozza
Townsperson

Mozza
3rd November 2015 at 11:57AM
Coleman Wrote:

I never knew there were so many Lefties about. Personally i have little time for all these people who expect everyone else to look after them, i work hard, as does my partner and we do ok, neither of us have ever been on the dole or collected benefits beyond the £20 a week that everyone gets.

Yeah they are trying to cut benefits, but i agree they are too high at present. People expect to be gifted a high standard of living. Benefits should be a lifeline to ensure people can survive and nothing more. You want a good quality of life, then get off your arse and earn it like the rest of us! I think its a sad state of affairs that we have a society that are content relying on others, i would be mortified if i had to do that and would work 10 hour days 7 days a week if i had to before i let it come to that.

Sadly I knew there were so many right wingers about.

I too work hard, as does my wife, and we've never been on the dole. That doesn't mean I don't care about people though.

My argument is that the Tories deflect us to the wrong place. This social support is costing millions, but the real expensive crimes come from tax dodgers and the bankers gambling with our money. The Tories like us to fight amongst ourselves.."effing foreigners taking our jobs, young people expecting handouts"..then we're distracted from looking at the upper classes robbing us of billions.
The Tories nationalise a bank...denationalised everything else.
Bakewell
Villager

Bakewell
3rd November 2015 at 12:40PM
Mozza Wrote:

I believe it was Alastair Darling and the Labour government that nationalised the banks in 2008 to the tune of £50 billion.
Mozza
Townsperson

Mozza
3rd November 2015 at 12:43PM
Bakewell Wrote:

Mozza Wrote:

I believe it was Alastair Darling and the Labour government that nationalised the banks in 2008 to the tune of £50 billion.

Oh yeah. They Tories fkogged it back at a low price.
Goggins
3rd November 2015 at 7:09PM
Coleman Wrote:

Personally i have little time for all these people who expect everyone else to look after them, i work hard, as does my partner and we do ok
Presumably, you look after yourselves: you were privately educated and didn't scrounge an education off the state at the expense of hardworking taxpayers? You have private health insurance and would never scrounge a free doctor's appointment? You arrange your own waste disposal rather than relying on my council tax payents to have it done for you? You only ever buy books and would never scrounge a free book loan off the state?
Every single person in this country pays tax and every single person in this country benefits from public spending. We are all benefit scroungers. It's a shame so many have fallen for the divide and conquer, strivers and shirkers sophistry.
<< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 27 28 29 >>

Part of..