Disgusted with the Tories.

<< 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 >>

OliverJohnstone
Hazel Grove Councillor

OliverJohnstone
Re: Disgusted with the Tories.
8th April 2016 at 10:13AM
Oh come on Mozza - that's nonsense.

Pissed off teachers - teachers were pissed off during the Coalition as well and they went on strike.
Tax dodging Tory scum - the company was based in Panama because of the tax rates. In the same way a number of French companies moved to the UK when President Hollande introduced heavy tax burdens for them. Furthermore all happened with Cameron prior to Coalition.
Police chiefs saying there's not enough officers to run their force - there have been no police cuts under this Government but there was under the coalition.
Councils closing amenities - bulk of this happened under the Coalition government.
Disabled people dying in higher numbers due to Tory policies - horrendously offensive and totally unsubstantiated accusation.
Doctors striking - okay granted but nurses went on strike during Coaltion.
NHS in massive peril - the left were saying this during the Coalition and all parties policies for NHS funding were identical at the GE.
No real improvement in the economy - rubbish read the evidence.
More food banks - again food bank usage increased during coalition although cannot be used as an indicator of longterm hardship.
Even the bloody minister for benefits, a well known hard liner, left because of agressive policy - I am not sure I buy that. More a personal fallout methinks with the Chancellor.
1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
cllrkevinhogg
Hazel Grove Councillor

cllrkevinhogg
8th April 2016 at 1:42PM
I'm Retiring in 4 weeks so after26 years farewell
2 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Mozza
Townsperson

Mozza
8th April 2016 at 2:54PM
OliverJohnstone Wrote:

Oh come on Mozza - that's nonsense.

Disabled people dying in higher numbers due to Tory policies - horrendously offensive and totally unsubstantiated accusation.

Let's just take the one you're offended at.

Ok, figures count for the coalition period but the point of this thread was to demonstrate that the Conservatives are a nasty piece of work, and you seem aghast that someone could challenge them..

Statistics released by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) revealed that during the period December 2011 and February 2014 2,380 people died after their claim for employment and support allowance (ESA) ended because a work capability assessment (WCA) found they were found fit for work.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Mozza
Townsperson

Mozza
8th April 2016 at 2:56PM
cllrkevinhogg Wrote:

I'm Retiring in 4 weeks so after26 years farewell

Good luck Kevin for years of service. The bins are still a bloody nightmare, but we might not have that soon if money keeps being cut.
1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
TwistedBanana
Townsperson

TwistedBanana
8th April 2016 at 2:57PM
Suffering the biggest downturn in productivity since the global financial crisis meaning economic growth and therefore living standards fell again. The second weakest levels of output per hour in the G7 and a downgrading of forecast growth

All caused by skills shortages, lack of infrastructure investment

Six years in and we look weaker and weaker by the day, all caused by lack of investment in infrastructure - the words of the OECD, not me.

Doesn't look good Oliver.

Just to show I am not totally biased, I disagree with Mozza and agree with you on how ineffectual the LDs were in coalition, they were nothing but lapdogs. However that means I dont believe they in anyway tempered the Tory policies, I suppose that means I am saying there has been no difference with then involved or not - hmmm, what does that say 😃
Mozza
Townsperson

Mozza
8th April 2016 at 7:04PM
You're on very very shakey ground sticking up for Cameron, Oliver, things are coming out of the woodwork at an alarming rate..
This man says he's trying to cut down on this tax dodging....do we honestly beleive that?

David Cameron speaking to ITV:
" The trust fund was subject to full UK taxation. So that's what it was, there are many other unit trusts like it. And I think it is being unfairly described and my father's name unfairly written about."

This is what an independent investment expert said..

"The profits made were not subject to UK tax in fact the account has not paid any UK tax in over thirty years. And the fund was not, in 2006, open to everyone in fact it's operating methods were one of the most secretive among any off shore trusts created . The prospectus states Blairmore would only take minimum investments of $100,000. Blairmore was not a normal unit trust. It was a collective investment scheme which, the prospectus states, could only be marketed to “high net worth companies, high net worth unincorporated associations or partnerships, trustees of high value trusts and persons who qualify as certified sophisticated investment "

David Cameron is still wording his statements in a very precise way, and not for even one second do I believe that thirty thousand pounds was the sole amount that David Cameron profited from via an offshore account ! and not for one second do I believe that there is no more hidden money that the Cameron family will benefit from in the future.
Mozza
Townsperson

Mozza
9th April 2016 at 1:51PM
Cameron "will be addressing Tory activists" soon

So they'll all know what they're allowed to say and what the spin is.

Lovely.

This post has been removed by a Forum Moderator because it broke the house rules.

Reason: Harassing or Bullying

OliverJohnstone
Hazel Grove Councillor

OliverJohnstone
10th April 2016 at 3:49PM
I think the steam has run out of this story now, despite Jeremy Corbyn's desperate attempts to keep it alive. I am intrigued to see if and how they implement their proposal to not accept donations from anyone engaged in tax avoidance.

Scores of tax and finance experts have lined up to defend Cameron, not politically but to correct the inaccurate information and ridiculous spin in the media. Even Martin Lewis has been quite damning of the media reaction and how poorly informed many of Cameron's critics are about this.

I do not expect that will satisfy many out there though that consider themselves better informed to judge the Prime Minister's financial arrangements than some of the top people in the finance & tax industry.
Mozza
Townsperson

Mozza
10th April 2016 at 4:16PM
OliverJohnstone Wrote:

I think the steam has run out of this story now, despite Jeremy Corbyn's desperate attempts to keep it alive.

I bet you do.

Yes.
Let's all forget that the man who made a point about chasing down Starbucks and Google and Vodafone for not actually doing anything wrong is up to the same tricks himself.

We should forget he was given hundreds of thousands of pounds as gifts designed not to pay inheritance, or that he got money from a scheme randomly...just randomly..I make no judgement..in tax free Panama.

Let's forget the man stands in parliament every week and mocks people's suits because they're not as rich as him, or jeers at questions about disability benefit.

He's told us nothing yet. But yeah,seems sensible we should let this fly.
<< 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 >>

Part of..