10 10 / 10 from 9 Reviews

Disgusted with the Tories.

<< 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 >>

OliverJohnstone
Hazel Grove Councillor

OliverJohnstone
Re: Disgusted with the Tories.
6th April 2016 at 9:08AM
Think you're being a tad unfair - I gave a pretty comprehensive answer.

No I don't think it's immoral but that doesn't mean the Government shouldn't be making it harder for people to do.

0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Mozza
Townsperson

Mozza
7th April 2016 at 9:28AM
http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/politics/politics-headlines/camerons-son-old-enough-for-the-tax-chat-20160407107815

(It's a spoof site before anyone gets their knickers in a twist)

But the fact I felt I had to say that says quite a bit...😏
Mozza
Townsperson

Mozza
7th April 2016 at 7:35PM
What a corrupt nasty piece if work Cameron is.

Admits now to having had and sold shares held in a place he knew was set up to pay no tax.
Why else would it be in chuffing Panama?? Furthermore, he sold them for £300 under the capital gains tax threshold. £300! That's some kind of coincidence, how lucky

A man who says he wants to close tax loopholes...well you used one yourself mate!

It beggars belief... Does he represent us??? Jeez..
cllrkevinhogg
Hazel Grove Councillor

cllrkevinhogg
7th April 2016 at 7:42PM
Wonder if he sold them to his family.
You have a chance to show you dissaprove in a few weeks
Don't vote for the tories, send them a clear message
Mozza
Townsperson

Mozza
7th April 2016 at 7:52PM
Makes you wonder..if the Pakistani and Russian leaders can be suspected to have held them in their families name instead of their own...why can't Cameron have?
TwistedBanana
Townsperson

TwistedBanana
8th April 2016 at 5:57AM
To be honest Kevin, I dont think the best place to be selling the "dont vote Conservative" line is a thread that is titled as this one is, I dont think there are many Tories on here that need converting.

However, maybe you should be addressing why there isn't a viable alternative and why your party is now so mistrusted after the lies and crap that came with the Lisa Smart campaign last year.

I still have a leaflet (I kept it separate from the 100s I was bombarded with) of Stunnell (I refuse to call him Sir) stood at the beginnings of the groundworks near Brookside Garden Centre with the tagline of something like "work starting on the Hazel Grove bypass thanks to the Libdems", this was just an out and out lie designed to fool the vote.

To claim that the work starting on SEMMS was the Bypass that Stunnell had ridden his political life on the bypass the area so needs, the bypass he never delivered was just a despicable piece of marketing.

And on a national basis your parties allegiance with the Tories after the 2010 election and your party leaders willingness to bend over and take what ever Cameron gave him as long as he got the title Deputy Prime Minister goes down as one of the most cowardly things I have seen in politics and put Clegg in the same cesspit of vile politicians who lie, cheat, deceive for their own ends as IDS

OliverJohnstone
Hazel Grove Councillor

OliverJohnstone
8th April 2016 at 9:23AM
Nice to hear from you Cllr Hogg - shame it's only when bashing the Tories rather than on local issues. The kraken awakes!

Re Cameron, if he has paid all relevant UK taxes on benefits accrued from a stake in a foreign company, I fail to see what the problem is. I can own shares in a factory in Kenya, I still have to pay whatever UK taxes apply on dividends or DVP receipts. Doesn't mean the factory itself pays UK tax because...drum roll...it's not based in the UK.

Mozza
Townsperson

Mozza
8th April 2016 at 9:24AM
TwistedBanana Wrote:

To be honest Kevin, I dont think the best place to be selling the "dont vote Conservative" line is a thread that is titled as this one is, I dont think there are many Tories on here that need converting.

However, maybe you should be addressing why there isn't a viable alternative and why your party is now so mistrusted after the lies and crap that came with the Lisa Smart campaign last year.

I still have a leaflet (I kept it separate from the 100s I was bombarded with) of Stunnell (I refuse to call him Sir) stood at the beginnings of the groundworks near Brookside Garden Centre with the tagline of something like "work starting on the Hazel Grove bypass thanks to the Libdems", this was just an out and out lie designed to fool the vote.

To claim that the work starting on SEMMS was the Bypass that Stunnell had ridden his political life on the bypass the area so needs, the bypass he never delivered was just a despicable piece of marketing.

And on a national basis your parties allegiance with the Tories after the 2010 election and your party leaders willingness to bend over and take what ever Cameron gave him as long as he got the title Deputy Prime Minister goes down as one of the most cowardly things I have seen in politics and put Clegg in the same cesspit of vile politicians who lie, cheat, deceive for their own ends as IDS

Most deffo not a LD supporter..locally they're a shambles with Lisa Smart, and Stunnell did nothing for families, but it's looking very much like that time the LDs spent in government with the Tories seemed to temper the innate nastyness of the Conservatives, they struggled to smash the hell out of people quite like they are now.

Hell, I'd be prepared to vote for the LDs to stop this nasty bunch of posh boys....but maybe if we start to let Labour locally have a say???
OliverJohnstone
Hazel Grove Councillor

OliverJohnstone
8th April 2016 at 9:35AM
I don't buy for one second that the Lib Dems acted as a tempering force.

If that was true, why did they fail to temper their flagship issue - tuition fees? It makes no sense that they would happily be flexible on this yet stubborn on other issues of less significance to their political credibility.

Furthermore, it is too easy to say they tempered simply because of the fact that the goal of eliminating the deficit was supported by the Lib Dems so all those cuts happening now would have been made, whoever was in power.

Aside from Lib Dem propaganda, I have seen nothing to convince me that the Lib Dems actually produced the tempering effect they claim.
Mozza
Townsperson

Mozza
8th April 2016 at 9:57AM
OliverJohnstone Wrote:

I don't buy for one second that the Lib Dems acted as a tempering force.

If that was true, why did they fail to temper their flagship issue - tuition fees? It makes no sense that they would happily be flexible on this yet stubborn on other issues of less significance to their political credibility.

Furthermore, it is too easy to say they tempered simply because of the fact that the goal of eliminating the deficit was supported by the Lib Dems so all those cuts happening now would have been made, whoever was in power.

Aside from Lib Dem propaganda, I have seen nothing to convince me that the Lib Dems actually produced the tempering effect they claim.

I really don't support them, but I see a difference now.

Pissed off teachers.
Tax dodging Tory scum (why the hell use Panama, randomly, well publicised for being a haven? Ridiculous if you think it's just a lovely place for your money to go on holiday)
Police chiefs saying there's not enough officers to run their force.
Councils closing amenities.
Disabled people dying in higher numbers due to Tory policies.
Doctors striking.
NHS in massive peril.
No real improvement in the economy.
More food banks.
Even the bloody minister for benefits, a well known hard liner, left because of agressive policy

It goes on and on.
<< 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 >>

Part of..