10 10 / 10 from 9 Reviews

Disgusted with the Tories.

<< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 27 28 29 >>

Mozza
Townsperson

Mozza
Disgusted with the Tories.
28th October 2015 at 9:53AM
On both a national and local level, I'm disgusted by this government.
Richest get their taxes lowered, the poor.... the WORKING poor.... get shafted... The government cry about getting defeated, even though the lords reflected the will of the British people, so they threaten to change it in their favour.
They're shafting NHS workers, junior doctors, and putting in terrible private firms to run the NHS.
They're selling the country to China, always in search of a few quid, instead of trying to mobilise us into earning our own.
At a local level, I've seen so little of the new councillors and MP.. The new MP lost a load of constituent emails ( I have proof), and both seem to be totally ignoring everyone

Whatever wool they pulled over the electorate ( and remember, only 30 odd percent of us voted for them) they did a great job.
The Conservatives will NEVER look after the working class. I hope now everyone realises this.
1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
OliverJohnstone
Hazel Grove Councillor

OliverJohnstone
Re: Disgusted with the Tories.
28th October 2015 at 10:11AM
Mozza - I respect your right to your own opinions on political issues, even if I believe some of what you say is inaccurate and ill-informed.

However, I categorically do not ignore my residents. Where would you like to see me? I attend a great deal of community events on a weekly basis. Have 100% attendance of all my Council meetings this year. You will find me knocking on doors every weekend and in the week. We hold monthly surgeries.

I also participate on this forum to a far greater extent than any local politician has done previously.

I understand you disagree with me on a political level but please do not accuse me of ignoring my residents or not doing my job.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Mozza
Townsperson

Mozza
28th October 2015 at 10:17AM
I was entirely ignored on all of my requests of help from you and William on email, until I brought it up on here, you can be as indignant as you like.
OliverJohnstone
Hazel Grove Councillor

OliverJohnstone
28th October 2015 at 10:25AM
No - you weren't it got sorted and they are amending the route. Things may not happen as quickly as you would like and that's a frustration that we have but it is not a sign that we are ignoring anyone.
julianlb
Hazel Grove Councillor

julianlb
28th October 2015 at 12:27PM
I am a Conservative, you might or might not have voted for me, it doesn't matter, it only matters that you vote.

I was happy to take your complaint to TfGM and ask that the Bus that came down your road was rerouted as it was unnecessarily noisy.

This has been done, it took a little effort and patience. There were probably other Tories involved in the process. I didn't ignore the request that initially came through to me from William's office.

I don't expect you to be effusive in your praise, I didn't do it for that, I don't expect to agree on everything either. I do take issue with a statement that I ignored you, if I had then I would deserve the criticism but I didn't and neither did William or Oliver and I am sure that if you had contacted Kevin that he wouldn't have either.
Mozza
Townsperson

Mozza
28th October 2015 at 12:53PM
No matter how indignant you guys get, my emails were lost/ignored whatever. I have the proof that happened.
Who knows how many people have had the same thing happen.

On a local level, you didn't get the buses rerouted, I gave up, spoke with stagecoach and they said they were addressing it as a matter of course.
BlueGrover
Forum Moderator

BlueGrover
28th October 2015 at 1:47PM
30th April 2015

David Cameron has said he has no plans to cut child benefit and tax credits if the Conservatives win the election.

It comes after the Lib Dems leaked a document which they claimed showed the Tories wanted to make £8bn of cuts to child benefit three years ago.

Mr Cameron said he rejected the idea back then "and I reject it again today", in a BBC TV election special.

But he said he wanted to continue reforming welfare, insisting there was room to make more savings.

Labour said the prime minister had still not ruled out cuts to child tax credit.

The last of the set piece leaders' TV appearances came after Lib Dem Chief Secretary to the Treasury Danny Alexander claimed he was "lifting the lid" on Tory plans to limit child benefit and tax credits to two children.

Mr Alexander, who is effectively Conservative Chancellor George Osborne's deputy in the Treasury, claimed his party blocked the move, which he said was worth £8bn.

The prime minister was grilled on his party's welfare plans during the BBC Question Time leaders special, which also featured Labour leader Ed Miliband and Lib Dem leader Nick Clegg in separate appearances.

Mr Cameron said he wanted to end the speculation on cutting child benefit: "I don't want to do that. This report that was out today is something I rejected at the time as prime minister and I reject again today."

He said child tax credit had increased under his government by £450, telling the audience: "That's not going to fall."

And he added: "Child benefit to me is one of the most important benefits there is. It goes directly to the family, normally to the mother, £20 for the first child, £14 for the second.

Lying B*****d. Trust a Tory? Never.
1 Likes 1 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Mozza
Townsperson

Mozza
28th October 2015 at 3:02PM, Edit: 28th October 2015 at 3:06PM by Mozza
They'll have got out of the above with weasel words. It'll be..
"We have to put the country back on an even keel"
"We must balance the books"
Or some bull like
"Let me be absolutely clear, I'll set out clearly how I kept to my word" then not even answer the critism.
It's all about balancing the books by stitching up the working class. We're not all in it together whatsoever.

This government make me sick now. I hope everyone is realising that they're 100%out for themselves, and keeps all this in mind for the next election..they're a disgrace.
2 Likes 1 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
OliverJohnstone
Hazel Grove Councillor

OliverJohnstone
28th October 2015 at 3:38PM
Disgusted with what....?

The changes are to the threshold at which they start to taper off and to the number of children one can claim child benefit for. Both those things seem logical and when you take into account the increases to tax free personal allowances both achieved and planned for the future, the impact of the reduction in this kind of benefit, when compared with pre-2010, is questionable.

Surely it is better to have an economy where the Government takes less tax off you in the first place rather than provide handouts. Just because the tax cuts happened first (quite rightly) doesn't mean that we can view the cuts to these benefits in isolation.

Mozza
Townsperson

Mozza
28th October 2015 at 3:45PM
Many people think those cuts will leave working families worse off. Even today that slimey git, whilst making a joke of Tim Fallon's question about taking in refugee children, wouldn't answer how much worse off poor families would be. Watch PM Q's.. He really did... It shows it as the old boys club it really is.
If there is a chance that even ten poor families will be worse off, don't do it. You've got enough depending on charity.
1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
<< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 27 28 29 >>

Part of..