Cyclists and pavements.

<< 1 2 3 4 >>

Robot69
Citizen

Robot69
Re: Cyclists and pavements.
28th February 2012 at 10:55PM
Got a good grip Lime.

BTW - BASIC programming language wasn't around in 1969!!
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Limecat
Banned
28th February 2012 at 10:59PM
Robot69 Wrote:

Got a good grip Lime.

That kind of shows what we were all getting at about you taking it literally! LMAO
Raod Angel
Drifter
29th February 2012 at 4:41PM
Robot69 Wrote:

Got a good grip Lime.

Actually, I was programming using Basic programming language for a living in 1968. lol! (Basic was released in 1965)

Anyway, back to topic, yes the cyclists are getting hammered on this topic, but thats the Topic title,,,, is it not?

But if their act was clean, people wouldn't so vociferous in their manner. (And likewaise for the other way round.)

Cars and other road users topics have been raised in other localised topics such as the A6 or Garthland Road.

That said, two cars through the Red lights coming out of Sainsbury's @ 15:58 today. They know its Red cos they accelerate to exit. So yes, there are peeps who drive in cars who are just as idiotic and this is a regular idiotic habit location amongst a few on the A6. But thats not this topic.
Robot69
Citizen

Robot69
29th February 2012 at 5:14PM
I stand corrected! I thought it was all assembly, fortran and algol in those days.
sundave
Townsperson

sundave
29th February 2012 at 8:44PM, Edit: 29th February 2012 at 8:46PM by sundave
OMG! what a can of worms i have opened here.
I started this thread after listening to the radio and hearing a report about a cyclist being knocked over by a car, the odd bit is they were both on the pavement which is the sole domain of the pedestrian.
I signed off the post with an invitation to discuss the incident, boy did you! I added a post later following another report on the radio, ( i do like a good listen now and again ) where callers were giving their views on cyclists and the problems they can cause, i used a Clarksonism to emphasise the feelings of the vast majority of callers, unfortunately the large tongue jammed into the swollen cheek does not show up terribly well on a text only post.
I apologise unreservedly for any offence caused to cyclists and motorists alike, by people coming on here and saying nasty things to each other.
I think those of you who have done such things should go and sit on the naughty step for 5 minutes, except Kevin, who is too old to sit on a step so you can stand.

Thank you! now on-yer-bike!!!!!!!!!!
nimarc
Idler

nimarc
13th March 2012 at 10:47AM
cycling got very dangerous in the past years! If you check this link here ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicycle_safety ) you will see that even the statistics say that it often happens that bikers get the victims of accidents... :(
In summer I often use my bike, but too be honest, I don't feel very safe!
RAOD ANGEL
Drifter
13th March 2012 at 12:43PM
Saw a near miss with a cyclist yesterday when coming over the railway bridge by Stepping Hill Hospital. I was almost level with a cyclist on the opposite side when a woman in a white Audi A3 decided to go through the gap between me and the cyclist at 30mph.

I whinced as I expected the cyclist to be clipped off his bike as she was so close to him with her left wing mirror. Obviously no road sense or patience from the Audi driver.

Maybe this sort of testing below should applied to all, not just the elederly. I'm a believer that a regular semi-informal check should done for everybody who drives on the roads just to arrest the bad habits and act as a refresher.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17344359

<< 1 2 3 4 >>

Part of..