A Suburb in Stockport

10 10 / 10 from 9 Reviews

Country Folk

boomerang
Villager

boomerang
Country Folk
28th September 2015 at 12:50PM
Sunday evening I walked from Lyme Park to the Grove via Torkington Lane, its dark. A car stops me next to Torkington Manor and a bloke shouts out 'were you in the bushes?', confused I said, 'I was in the bushes to avoid the cars','ok mate' he says, turns his car around and races back up Torkington Lane. On the way down I had to step into bushes and driveways to avoid a speeding Sainsburys van, Range Rover and others trying to break land speed records. So the choice I have in future is Torkington lane with paranoid house owners, speeding motorist or walk down Buxton Road with the pollution from heavy goods vehicles and cars
3 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
hellonpluto
Villager

hellonpluto
Re: Country Folk
29th September 2015 at 4:49PM
Torkington lane is a 60mph zone so would expect fast moving cars. Walking down there at night is pretty silly unless you're wearing hi-vis clothing.

Not sure what you're after?
1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  

This post has been removed by a Forum Moderator because it broke the house rules.

Reason: Off Topic

Fi_nix
Top Reviewer

Fi_nix
2nd October 2015 at 6:48PM
Is it possible he was asking if you wanted company in the bushes? Just a thought...
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
BATTYCAT
Newcomer

BATTYCAT
3rd October 2015 at 6:44AM
It's ridiculous that Torkington is a 60mph road but even if it were a 30 there would be no one to police it.
its too scary for me even in daylight.
BlueGrover
Forum Moderator

BlueGrover
8th October 2015 at 8:22AM
Fi_nix Wrote:

Is it possible he was asking if you wanted company in the bushes? Just a thought...
Steady now....

Part of..