A Suburb in Stockport

10 10 / 10 from 9 Reviews

Christmas party games

jjpot16
Villager

jjpot16
Christmas party games
13th December 2011 at 10:46PM
Hi. Can anyone help?.... I am trying to remember a party game we used to play called something like "Stations". My memories of it are vague... but I think it involved the name of train or tube stations which you postioned around the house in different places. You then gave participants some kind of journey route and the peope had to go round the house and find the various stations. The first one to complete their particular journey was the winner....or something like that! I would love love love to remember how it is played so any help gratefully received. failing that any new ideas for party games (for all ages together) would also be fab.Thank you.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Quote Report  
Adora
Forum Moderator

Adora
Re: Christmas party games
14th December 2011 at 2:25PM
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Adora
Forum Moderator

Adora
14th December 2011 at 2:31PM
Also:-

What about the Mars Bar Game: all sit in a circle, take turns to roll a die. If you roll a 6, you run to the corner of the room where there is an assortment of clothing items (gloves, hat, wellies, fleece eg) and have to put all of the items on. Once fully kitted out, use a knife and fork to cut yourself a piece of Mars Bar (chill it prior so is a challenge).

All the while, the circle are still taking turns to roll the die and should one of them get a 6, they run over and take the clothes from you and have to dress themselves. Can get very manic! Winner is person who eats the last bit of Mars Bar
Coleman
Forum Moderator

Coleman
14th December 2011 at 3:13PM
Did you just make that up?

My favourite game for Christmas is COD3 or Forza 4
1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Nemo
Drifter
14th December 2011 at 7:59PM
Does it really matter what the games are called, because by the time you get to that point, the majority of guests, are that bladdered it often descends into chaos, hopefully, with everyone falling about laughing, so just enjoy. Hope you have a good Christmas.
Adora
Forum Moderator

Adora
15th December 2011 at 9:15AM

No I did not just make that up! It's a well known 'parlour' game I'll have you know! Anyway, I'm too thick to come up with a good idea like that all by meself!

I fancy Christmas round Nemo's gaff having read the post above!

BlueGrover
Forum Moderator

BlueGrover
15th December 2011 at 10:37AM
Adora Wrote:

Also:-

What about the Mars Bar Game: all sit in a circle, take turns to roll a die. If you roll a 6, you run to the corner of the room where there is an assortment of clothing items (gloves, hat, wellies, fleece eg) and have to put all of the items on. Once fully kitted out, use a knife and fork to cut yourself a piece of Mars Bar (chill it prior so is a challenge).

All the while, the circle are still taking turns to roll the die and should one of them get a 6, they run over and take the clothes from you and have to dress themselves. Can get very manic! Winner is person who eats the last bit of Mars Bar
One step behind the Wicker Man if you ask me!
HG-21
Banned
15th December 2011 at 2:24PM
Great simple game here, called "In the Bag"

You get everyone in the room to write down 10 - 20 celebrities or famous people or even family members/people you may all know onto slips of paper and put them all in a carrier bag.

Then split into two teams.

One member of the team (to be alternated each round) must describe the person to their team members and see how many you get in 2 minutes.

Another simple one is sticking post it notes on each others heads and they have to ask yes/no questions to go figure who it is :)
Nemo
Drifter
15th December 2011 at 4:10PM
While we're all talking about having a good time over Christmas, can we just pause fo a moment and spare a thought for those less fortunate than ourselves, who, for what ever reason, will be away from their nearest and dearest, I am thinking of the members of our armed forces who put themselves in harms way, just so we can enjoy times like these, and, those who, maybe, through no fault of their own, are on the streets and homeless, so, take care, have a good time and MERRY CHRISTMAS and A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL :-).
1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
jjpot16
Villager

jjpot16
16th December 2011 at 6:45PM
Thanks everyone! wishing you all a wonderful christmas and a happy 2012.
Gouldilocks
Drifter
6th January 2019 at 11:15PM
You aren’t going mad. It’s a brilliant game. We used to play stations at family parties every Christmas. I’ve used it in school pe lessons and have given copies of it to the local guide and scout group. There are lists placed around the house which have a starting station on one side and the destination across from it. Working in pairs (usually) each pair is given a station to begin your journey from (by the station master) which you have to find on the left hand side of one of the lists. When you do, you read across to the station opposite it on the right and look for the next station, relaying that information to your partner (usually by shouting). You will reach your final destination when you find the station on the right that is underlined and has a D next to it. You then tell the station master (who has the master list) your starting station and your destination.

Is this the game you remember playing?

Part of..