10 10 / 10 from 9 Reviews

Chester Road Tarmac Condition

<< 1 2 >>

TallPaul
Townsperson

TallPaul
Chester Road Tarmac Condition
23rd January 2012 at 5:07PM, Edit: 23rd January 2012 at 5:51PM by TallPaul
Sooo guys what's going on on Chester Road? Namely the section inbetween Dean Lane junction and the junction with Cavendish Road, seems there has been some sort of resurfacing work completed here recently (I can't be sure when but I'm sure it was before the recent redesign of the section from Cavendish Road to the Station.)

Anyway it seems that the road surface is no lifting, and in numerous places. Upon inspection it seems that the tarmac which has been used is not to a very high standard at all. I'd contest whether it was even industry standard, in addition to this I think the tarmac which is remaining is so thin its sure to not last the test of time..

So now some contactor will come and fill in these holes with good tarmac which will leave elevated lumps all over the show (eventually)

Rant over :) Any thoughts?
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Quote Report  
cllrkevinhogg
Hazel Grove Councillor

cllrkevinhogg
Re: Chester Road Tarmac Condition
23rd January 2012 at 7:36PM
I`ll have a look at it and if it is poor quality it should be redone
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
vege
Drifter
24th January 2012 at 10:00AM
There seems to be a thread of these problems Kevin,has the council changed the contractor it uses for a cheaper one by any chance?
vege
Drifter
25th January 2012 at 7:37PM
just to add ,I went along Bean leach Rd.earlier today and where the new bollards are near the playground there is another pot hole developing nicely
Robot69
Citizen

Robot69
25th January 2012 at 8:05PM
This is Stockport Councils attempt at money saving, they've employed the traditional Irish road workers - remember them from the '70's - and they have been asked to deploy traffic calming measures all around. I suspect they had the plans up-side-down as they have made pot holes rather than speed humps ;-)

The amount of potholes - and these are from last winter - have a better affect at slowing cars down that the traffic calming measures that they have spent millions on. I think they should take the crayons away from these designers!
nedsram
Townsperson

nedsram
25th January 2012 at 9:37PM
While on the subject of Chester Road, when are they going to stop that "Slow - cyclists" sign from flashing continuously? The idea is that it should only flash if you are going too fast. If it is always on it will just be ignored.
Robot69
Citizen

Robot69
25th January 2012 at 9:47PM
nedsram Wrote:

While on the subject of Chester Road, when are they going to stop that "Slow - cyclists" sign from flashing continuously? The idea is that it should only flash if you are going too fast. If it is always on it will just be ignored.

I thought it only flashed when it detected someone on a bike ?
Limecat
Banned
25th January 2012 at 10:05PM
I cannot say I have noticed despite living within a stones throw.

The undulations by the kennel/car garage need sorting out though. It makes high speeds very 'jumpy' when you are pushing on a bit...
1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Drifter
25th January 2012 at 10:34PM
i have noticed this too,,, round about 70mph the car becomes really unbalanced and light , why is this limecat?
Limecat Wrote:

The undulations by the kennel/car garage need sorting out though. It makes high speeds very 'jumpy' when you are pushing on a bit...
Limecat
Banned
25th January 2012 at 11:20PM
Guest Wrote:

i have noticed this too,,, round about 70mph the car becomes really unbalanced and light , why is this limecat?
Limecat Wrote:

70? LMFAO.

A nice bit of trolling there 'Guest'.

Why is that? Probably because your car isn't set up for fast road use. I could talk about unsprung weight and all sorts of other stuff but we all know you are a scared of the Internet so your opinion is worth the square root of NOTHING.

I have in the past (almost a decade ago) spanked my way down that road at silly speeds.

I am humouring you here but I have pulled over 120 down there in my 'daft days'...

Slate away 'Guest'. I am far from what I was. I don't think I have touched 3 figure speeds for at least 2 years? I have calmed down.
TallPaul
Townsperson

TallPaul
26th January 2012 at 11:40AM
Limecat Wrote:

Guest Wrote:

Limecat Wrote:

70? LMFAO.

A nice bit of trolling there 'Guest'.

Why is that? Probably because your car isn't set up for fast road use. I could talk about unsprung weight and all sorts of other stuff but we all know you are a scared of the Internet so your opinion is worth the square root of NOTHING.

I have in the past (almost a decade ago) spanked my way down that road at silly speeds.

I am humouring you here but I have pulled over 120 down there in my 'daft days'...

Slate away 'Guest'. I am far from what I was. I don't think I have touched 3 figure speeds for at least 2 years? I have calmed down.

2 Years !! You sensible person Limecat! The 'back' Chester Road is one of my favourites though, 3 figure speeds on there are lairy! I used to live on Wensley Drive I think I always went the long way home just so I could hit this road lol.

The section I was referring to is a bit further on though towards the station (From Dean Lane traffic lights down to the junction with Cavendish) it does make sense someone saying it was caused by last winter, thankfully I spent most of it in Austria :).

The Cyclist sign a bit further up is only triggered by someone riding a bike obviously the sensor isn't perfect and it will pick up other stuff (Smart Cars etc) but I never noticed it to be on permanently.

It doesn't surprise me the council have changed contractors, I have here what the highways agency would class as a proper tarmac lay, I bet if investigated this has not been completed to industry standards. Does that give us a leg to stand on?

Whatever happened to the 'Stockport Pothole Moles'? I used to see them leaving the yard off Bird Hall Lane Cheadle Heath every morning yet I have never ever seen them fixing a pot hole. Sorry to go on!
<< 1 2 >>

Part of..