10 10 / 10 from 9 Reviews

Car Parking Wetherspoons

<< 1 2 >>

PFS1
Villager

PFS1
Car Parking Wetherspoons
14th July 2015 at 12:03PM
Has anyone gone to WetherspoonsHas/Istambul recently and parked in the car park at the rear?
I went there one night a few days ago and got a parking ticket.
Any ideas on who owns this bit of land.
I thought it belonged to WetherspoonsHas.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
BlueGrover
Forum Moderator

BlueGrover
Re: Car Parking Wetherspoons
15th July 2015 at 8:13AM
Don't pay. Its an invoice, not a parking ticket.
icemonkey
Newcomer

icemonkey
11th May 2016 at 5:08PM
Is this the case?
Parked there last night and received a Parking Charge Notice. I was under the impression it was a car park for the pub?

Please do correct me if I'm wrong
sparrow
Villager

sparrow
12th May 2016 at 12:26PM
Its a private car park company, they have no legal right to fine you, its an invoice to pay, only the police or council can issue fines for parking. Read up online about private car parks and most of all don't pay the scammers.
K140880
Newcomer

K140880
14th May 2016 at 12:00PM
Have you investigated any further or done anything about it? I got one last night I was sure it was the car park for the pub!
I'm going to go and look for signs as I certainly didn't see any last night .....
Pedestrian
Villager

Pedestrian
16th May 2016 at 4:20PM
There's a sign that says something about permit parking but I didn't read it properly as I was hurrying to catch the bus. Maybe it's for the flats above Wetherspoons?
slight-return
Villager

slight-return
16th May 2016 at 4:26PM
If it is a parking notice/invoice, you can object to it and ask them for the Popla number if the company issuing the fine are part of the British Parking Association. Once you have the Popla number you can state your case here http://www.popla.co.uk/

E.g had a pint of alcohol/couldn't drive as that is illegal, etc.

If they are not part of the British Parking Association, there are lots of threads on MoneySavingExpert website.

Good luck.
Escwheeler
Newcomer

Escwheeler
16th May 2016 at 7:57PM
Be a bit cautious about Internet advice on this issue as there is a recent judgment (? High Court ? Court of Appeal) which sets out the scope of private companies' rights to enforce parking fines. If you are relying on Internet advice, check the date of it.
slim
Townsperson

slim
16th May 2016 at 8:30PM
The car park belongs to the residents of the flats above the pub it's there private parking area .
slight-return
Villager

slight-return
17th May 2016 at 9:38AM
You don't need courts to resolve this. You can appeal directly to the issuing company, if they reject without reasonable grounds then they have to give a POPLA code (which is sanctioned by the courts) to appeal on your behalf at no cost.

My case is as of Feb 2016 when issued a ticket for an overstay at Aldi in Didsbury against ParkingEye. ParkingEye rejected the appeal, sent a picture and video of the car park to POPLA along with a code from ParkingEye, within 1 week the appeal was a success and ParkingEye retracted the invoice.
<< 1 2 >>

Part of..