10 10 / 10 from 9 Reviews

caped cod

<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>

capecod
Idler

capecod
Re: caped cod
17th September 2013 at 3:00PM
Good afternoon guys , so here we are to answere up to any of our faults or issues ........... We appreciate all of your comments and feed back GOOD or BAD ! So thank you for giving us a try , yes we are a new business and yes we understand that every body has differant tastes and expectations so we are striving to get things right in future and the only way we can do this is with the help of customers both happy and not happy with our service , product and price . We did extensive research before opening on all 3 of the affore mentioned items and can only appoligise if you have had a bad experiance within our first month and will garantee that if you should try us again in future the faults mentioned in this thread have been ironed out , but we can only iron these faults out with the feedback of our customers so again thank you for your honesty and please dont hesitate in telling our staff any comments you have good or bad as we would not take offence but learn from it !   Thanks Cape Cod Fish Bar
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
glenandem
Forum Moderator

glenandem
17th September 2013 at 11:15PM
Hi cape cod, well done for coming on here to have a say and your totally right anyone who's had a bad experience should come back but off my own experience I only got a chip barm and only realised the chips where still hard in the middle once I'd arrived home so I wasn't going to come all the way back from where I live to complain about a chip barm!!!
I presume you either had new staff training or still getting used to the new equipment as chips aren't the hardest thing to cook so I can appreciate that aspect but for me personally it wasn't great and I felt let down with the price too, once I see and hear more reports of good food I'll probably try you out again in the future but I wouldn't go out my way now I've tried it, you have a lovely place and I really hope you do well as the last thing the grove needs is anouther curry house or bar opening in your place if it didnt work out lol!
Good luck
sunflowerdee
Townsperson

sunflowerdee
18th September 2013 at 12:07AM
Chinese, I recommend Fortune on lisburne Lane Offerton. Very clean, nice staff and nice food, very popular chinese takeaway.
Tootsy
Idler

Tootsy
7th January 2014 at 7:40PM
I have been to cape cod on a few occasions now and, i have to admit my first visit was really nice food, staff, and lovely place. my next visit was not quite as good fish was not quite as tasty, but like everything i think you should give people a try and there is bound to be teathing problems. Been again this evening and our fish was very tasty chips were lovely and the staff very helpful. The problem in my opinion with this chippy is the parking, its not so easy to park until after 6, i wish them every success and i will certainly be visiting again. thumbs-up
sunflowerdee
Townsperson

sunflowerdee
18th January 2014 at 12:18AM
Went for the first time tonight, cod fish nice, peas ok, gravy ok, chips where dry and chewy not very nice at all, in my opinion they had been kept warm for a long time. Will not be going again. Sorry Cape Cod!!!!
Peregrine
Villager

Peregrine
19th January 2014 at 2:09PM
Why all this about Caped Cod chippy and not very good on a regular basis?
Now the real owner is back at The Boulevard Fish & Chip Shop, their fish and Chips etc. are the best around for being consistent whenever you go.
Some people say it's dear in price - but you get what you pay for - why pay good money elsewhere for something that is uneatable?    - now that's what you can call a dear price!!
The Fish & Chip shop at Fiveways lights corner is a close second when 'on the ball', but can vary.
On the PARKING point there's plenty at the Boulevard - the drawback of going to it if you live on the east side of the A6 is getting back across before your chips GO COLD.
Happy Eater.
1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
BlueGrover
Forum Moderator

BlueGrover
20th January 2014 at 12:51PM
Peregrine Wrote:

Why all this about Caped Cod chippy and not very good on a regular basis?
Now the real owner is back at The Boulevard Fish & Chip Shop, their fish and Chips etc. are the best around for being consistent whenever you go.
Some people say it's dear in price - but you get what you pay for - why pay good money elsewhere for something that is uneatable?    - now that's what you can call a dear price!!
The Fish & Chip shop at Fiveways lights corner is a close second when 'on the ball', but can vary.
On the PARKING point there's plenty at the Boulevard - the drawback of going to it if you live on the east side of the A6 is getting back across before your chips GO COLD.
Happy Eater.
Agreed. The Boulevard is the best around the Grove.
Doris
Townsperson

Doris
20th January 2014 at 11:03PM
Oh no !!!! The great chippy debate has come back to this forum ! I really dont think its fair that people can keep putting little digs in to a business that is doing alright.Give them a break people they are earning a living ! If u prefer another chippy then go and if you like this one stay !
<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>