A Suburb in Stockport

10 10 / 10 from 9 Reviews

can any cllr’s help with airport rd question

glenandem
Forum Moderator

glenandem
can any cllr’s help with airport rd question
11th November 2014 at 3:36PM
im sure most cllr's are in the know with whats going on, im trying to find where its at, i know its been approved but does that mean its been given the green light as all it says on the link rd website is work starting in oct but thats been and gone?
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
OliverJohnstone
Hazel Grove Councillor

OliverJohnstone
Re: can any cllr’s help with airport rd question
12th November 2014 at 9:57AM
The last time I spoke to the project head about this, they are due to commence work in early 2015. His projection was that they would be fully on site and ready to start work late Spring.

It is definitely going ahead though.

I will ask for a more comprehensive update and post on here!
1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
glenandem
Forum Moderator

glenandem
12th November 2014 at 1:52PM
cheers oliver i was just told by a neighbour the same thing last night, they was told february getting to work on it!, although theres been a lot of digging on the fields and rd's around me already i presume theyre checking footings getting things ready etc.
could you advise on compensation as ive spoken to the council a few times over the last year or so and all ive been told is we will find out in due course but i dont want to get caught out and not be able to claim anything with it running so close to my house and all the disruption we will have to put up with!!
OliverJohnstone
Hazel Grove Councillor

OliverJohnstone
12th November 2014 at 2:46PM
My understanding is there will be a lot of preparatory work initially i.e. to guarantee access, setup depots, preparing the site etc before work on the road actually begins - hence why next Spring seems likely.

Regarding compensation, I have been contacted by a number of residents who have already been contacted by private solicitors firms regarding access to compensation. I have asked the Council about this but was told that they wouldn't be getting involved (as the liable party).

However, I will ask for an update on this when I eventually get out of the office today :-(
glenandem
Forum Moderator

glenandem
12th November 2014 at 3:04PM
cheers Oliver, yes ive had loads of solicitors and even people knocking on the door asking to represent me for compensation but generally everyone i speak to arent being given any advice off the council as you'd expect, my understanding is you cant claim for anything untill the rd has been in a year but i dont know if theres anything i need to do before it starts etc as my neighbour has been told she should have noise tests done now and then theres some evidence for a claim if things get noisier etc?
would really appreciate it if you could keep us updated.
thanks again Oliver