A Suburb in Stockport

10 10 / 10 from 9 Reviews

Bypass Part 1 and Part 2 ?

ohreally
Idler

ohreally
Bypass Part 1 and Part 2 ?
24th February 2014 at 12:03AM, Edit: 24th February 2014 at 12:07AM by ohreally
Hi everyone, I received some of the usual building up to an election bumpf today. I am most puzzled as to the Lib Dems claim that they are delivering Part 1 of the Hazel Grove bypass and are fighting on behalf of us residents for Part 2 !!! Has this major news sneaked past me whilst I was napping. I am sure we were getting an unwanted link road not a bypass and even if it was a bypass, what is this part 1 and 2 rubbish ? Can someone please clarify this for me as I am most confused. Moreso than usual confused
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Serenity
Citizen

Serenity
Re: Bypass Part 1 and Part 2 ?
24th February 2014 at 12:37PM, Edit: 24th February 2014 at 12:41PM by Serenity
Hi Ohreally I’ve not received the leaflet yet - but it sounds like they’re simply spring boarding off the original promise to build a complete bypass. And as they couldn’t deliver that it looks like they’re now trying to say that it was always scheduled in two parts - and as part one has now been passed that their now trying to push forward part two.

Well if you believe that simply look how long it’s taken to get part one passed – so make your own mind up about how long for part two.

Hope I’ve not confused the matter more Ohreilly – if that’s at all possible
1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
glenandem
Forum Moderator

glenandem
24th February 2014 at 5:45PM
hi oh really, i got that lib dem piece of spam a few weeks ago through my door basically its saying a job well done to stunnel as he got it approved and how much its going to help us having a new dual carriageway from the airport end in our town bringing more traffic and that the new lady from london who claims to be a local taking over his role will fight for the 2nd section if shes voted in, maybe she knows more than us or doesnt not being a local but the second section which would make it a real bypass taking the traffic its bringing onwards to the m60 at bredbury will never happen.
if this section has been cut back and designed on a congestion causing budget of £290m then that section which is forecast at £700m and the rest as it has to go underground will never go ahead in a million years!
im not looking forward to the extra traffic but i am looking forward to my nice bit of compo lol!
1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
mevans
Idler

mevans
8th March 2014 at 8:30PM
Go underground? I suppose this is as likely to happen as the underpass option at fiveways was, no matter what gets promised. If they can save cash they will, any way they can. Oh and did you see the comments made by the planning officer about the Macclesfield junction, specifically the length of slip roads? The application allowed 50m slips but planning have said they need to be 100m long. That means the junction will be at least 200m of 6 lanes. The visual impact will be huge.:(
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  

Tagged With..