Hazel Grove News

A Suburb in Stockport

10 10 / 10 from 9 Reviews

Barnardos

Barnardos
19th September 2013 at 5:23PM
Hello ladies and gentlemen! I am the new manager of Barnardos at 127 London road, we are a discount charity shop which means all of our clothing is 0.99p each with children's wear 4 for 0.99p we currently have a selection of winter boots (individually priced) and coats at 0.99p. All our books are 5 for 0.99p, CDs are 4 for 0.99p as are DVDs. You will also find children's toys and bric-a-brac and a tombola for you to take part in.
Don't forget if you have some free time and want to meet new people why not volunteer?? Pop in and have a chat with us any days times will do :) look forward to meeting you all.......spread the word
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Andy
CiviCr

Andy
Re: Barnardos
19th September 2013 at 11:34PM, Edit: 19th September 2013 at 11:34PM by AndySK
Hi Kirstie and Welcome to the forum.
sunflowerdee
Townsperson

sunflowerdee
20th September 2013 at 12:15AM
Hello, not sure where Barnardos is in Hazel Grove, could it be the shop next to where Greggs used to be? Bargain prices for books and cd's. If it is that charity shop, its a shame because it hidden. I would suggest putting some sort of advertisment, maybe "A" board. I love looking around charity shops for trinkets, jewellery, cds, books etc. Good luck.
20th September 2013 at 7:19AM
Hey, yes we are the one next to the old Gregg's we sell clothes and shoes etc too!! We do have an a board and it's always on show, I agree we are not in the best place however we have a slight advantage of having all the space at the front of the shop meaning we can hold fundraising events, I'm actually looking into holding one at the start of October (bake sale) hope to see you soon
soapy_duck
Villager

soapy_duck
20th September 2013 at 10:30AM
I regularly look in charity shops, but I tend to avoid that one in favour of the Cancer Research one, and the Bernardos further down (the non-discount) one. The main reason is because I find the discount one far too cramped. Get one person looking along a row and you can't look at anything on either side of that walkway because it's just too cramped. If you have people in there with buggies, or more than 2 people in there, it's impossible to look around. I shall try again soon, see if it's changed under new management.
20th September 2013 at 5:50PM
I totally agree it can get cramped however we have some big changes coming over the next few weeks and I'd love for you to enioy shopping with us
soapy_duck
Villager

soapy_duck
7th October 2013 at 11:35AM
I came in to the shop just over a week back and was pleasantly surprised to feel less claustrophobic. I bought 5 tops and they all fit well (I don't often buy if I can't try on because I don't have time to take things back with working full time - although I would have just re-donated if these hadn't fit).

There was only 1 thing that put me off, whilst I was in the shop, one of the staff/someone else had been (presumably) out the back smoking, but either with the door open, or they just brought all the smell back in with them. It's a smell I can't stand and once they returned to the staff area of the shop, the whole place quickly filled with the smell and therefore I stopped looking, paid for my items and left. I may have ended up buying more if it wasn't for that person (a male I think).
4th May 2014 at 1:40PM
Really sorry to hear about that!! I do make sure staff/volunteers are well away from the back door and on this occasion the volunteer wasn't. I have since reading this sometime ago put a stop to certain things, however smokers will continue to bring in the smell with them and this is out if my hands I'm afraid. However I have done as much as I can to help the situation better. Hope to see you soon ;)
Mozza
Townsperson

Mozza
8th May 2014 at 10:31PM
I was looking for a charity shop today today on Google... It puts everything it has listed on the map with little pins.

However there was nothing listed for Hazel Grove at all on the maps, of any charity. Nearest were Bramhall ones. . Which I took my stuff to.
Might be worth looking into that. .
11th September 2014 at 9:50PM, Edit: 11th September 2014 at 9:54PM by Kirstie_lawrence
Hi mozza. I've only just seen this post for some reason!! That's not good especially since there are 3 charity shops all on London road. I hope this is no longer the case on google. I do however wish to thank all the lovely customers who have visited the shop in the last 12 months!! And I hope you have all found a great buy, I know it's not the easiest shop in hazel grove to find as we are rather set back, so to the people that find locating us difficult I hope to see you soon :), also don't forget the amazing christmas card prices we had last year have returned from £1.49 to £1.99 for a Pack of 10 cards! And of course the usual great prices we have as always :). Again thank you all very much for your constant support.