10 10 / 10 from 9 Reviews

Bakers vaults

<< 1 2 >>

slim
Townsperson

slim
Bakers vaults
23rd December 2013 at 11:25PM
Bakers vaults is no more it's closed its doors for the last time I'll probably never go for a drink in stockport again now it's gone .
Sad day
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
glenandem
Forum Moderator

glenandem
Re: Bakers vaults
23rd December 2013 at 11:33PM
All over Facebook this with loads of comments on the brewery not helping and the gravy train council not doing more for local pubs!
I've heard robinsons charge silly money to rent the pubs in Stockport before from various sources.
Coleman
Forum Moderator

Coleman
24th December 2013 at 9:12AM
It's very sad news! We were actually in there Saturday, but when the band didn't turn up we decided to go elsewhere. Kind of wish we'd stayed in there now.

I find it a little weird though, they had bands booked into the new year and a new years party organised, there was no clues it was going to happen and baring the band not showing up it seemed business as usual on Saturday! Makes you wonder how long it was on the cards and what the final nail in the coffin was?

I would be surprised if Robbies doesn't get it open again some how whether they make it a managed house of find a new tenant, but either way there is a good chance it'll not be the same again!
slim
Townsperson

slim
24th December 2013 at 6:25PM
Well clearly Coleman the sight of you and your missus leaving was to much to bare ?
But yeh it's odd to close up just before Xmas and with bands booked and New Year's Eve tickets sold ?
glenandem
Forum Moderator

glenandem
24th December 2013 at 7:06PM
theyve stated on facebook they have refunded everyone ticket money etc so at least they havent done a runner with any monies etc!, just a shame how the brewery,council and government in general arent helping our boozers!
Dialstone
Villager

Dialstone
24th December 2013 at 7:23PM
It's about 45 years since I lived in Stockport, but I remember The Bakers well. What a shame it has to close. Hope someone will take it on. Was thrilled to see it feature briefly in a Market Place shot used in the first series of Last Tango in Halifax (BBC 1)
Martinsbo
Villager

Martinsbo
24th December 2013 at 11:33PM
Hi Coleman, Yvonne (landlady) was let down on Saturday by the band pulling out at the last minute, she's tried to keep it open, but alas it's down to money, to be fair my band Pure Sanity don't play in Stockport since Chapters decided to only have private functions, plus there are better venues to play around the area, we played at the rising sun last Friday, great pub, pete the boss runs a great place for live music.
slim
Townsperson

slim
25th December 2013 at 6:23AM
Martinsbo the new landlord of the white hart told me he is going to have live music on every second Saturday ?
Might be worth you calling in for a chat. ?

This post has been deleted by the author.

Martinsbo
Villager

Martinsbo
30th December 2013 at 3:03PM
Cheers, Slim
I've been contacted by the new owners of the Whit Hart about future gigs, just need to call in, plus I told Andy we'd play at the Tunns sometime.
I agree with your comment about the Bakers, Probably won't be going to Stockport anymore while the place is closed, although it may open again in the new year, don't forget the Arden have bands on outside May - Oct it's all undercover with outdoor heaters
<< 1 2 >>