A Suburb in Stockport

10 10 / 10 from 9 Reviews

Arundel Avenue Fly Tipping

sam39
Villager

sam39
Arundel Avenue Fly Tipping
4th January 2016 at 2:41PM
Ever since it was introduced, the recycling area behind the Spar has been prone to fly tipping. This December has been the worst for a long time. Early in December, someone dumped a soiled mattress - that took three weeks to be removed. Before Christmas the bins were virtually full, but were not emptied prior to the break. As a consequence, peoples' Christmas rubbish was dumped everywhere. When the wind blew last week and knocked the bins over, it scattered paper everywhere, it also distributed fly tipped paper about the surrounding roads as well - it has not been cleaned up. The bins have now been emptied, but all the fly tipped rubbish remains - the bin men simply moved it so they could empty the bins! I know this is a time that generates extra rubbish, and that normal working is curtailed, but the Council seems to be able to keep Bramhall recycling in good order, why not Arundel Avenue?
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Diablo
Idler

Diablo
Re: Arundel Avenue Fly Tipping
4th January 2016 at 9:43PM
That's because the council has given up on the Grove, used to be a nice place but with the neglect and concerns of residents constantly ignored or pathetically swept aside its now just a slum on the road to Stockport.
Norma_Stitts
Supervised

Norma_Stitts
4th January 2016 at 9:49PM
To be fair, I've seen the one in Bramhall look like a s#%t tip as well.

Oh, the bins at the end of Arundel weren't full. It's just people are lazy pricks and it's easier to drop a black bag than it is to put it in the bins. I think it was about the 30th/31st and I still got bottles in the bins without any issues and there were bin bags everywhere.

I suspect all the flats are rented as if I owned one, or any sane person for that matter, you'd put a camera up and record people's plates and push for something to be done about it.
sam39
Villager

sam39
5th January 2016 at 9:58AM
Some of the bins were emptied on the 30th - the day that the winds blew over the blue bins - but none of the fly tipping was removed. I had a look this morning, still there, the pile looks even larger than it did at the weekend.
BlueGrover
Forum Moderator

BlueGrover
5th January 2016 at 12:30PM
Norma_Stitts Wrote:

To be fair, I've seen the one in Bramhall look like a s#%t tip as well.

Oh, the bins at the end of Arundel weren't full. It's just people are lazy pricks and it's easier to drop a black bag than it is to put it in the bins. I think it was about the 30th/31st and I still got bottles in the bins without any issues and there were bin bags everywhere.

I suspect all the flats are rented as if I owned one, or any sane person for that matter, you'd put a camera up and record people's plates and push for something to be done about it.
Looks like we need to project the image of Cameron into the sky and send for OJ the wonder boy?
sam39
Villager

sam39
7th January 2016 at 7:21AM
The power of this Forum is remarkable - rubbish removed yesterday, general tidy up as well!
BlueGrover
Forum Moderator

BlueGrover
7th January 2016 at 8:07AM
sam39 Wrote:

The power of this Forum is remarkable - rubbish removed yesterday, general tidy up as well!
It's not the forum.
Is it a bird, is it a plane? No, it's OJ The Wonder Boy!
OliverJohnstone
Hazel Grove Councillor

OliverJohnstone
7th January 2016 at 5:54PM
Not me that one sadly! Although I do like the idea of signal - maybe a ThatchSignal?

1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
BlueGrover
Forum Moderator

BlueGrover
8th January 2016 at 8:14AM
We can have a high powered beam sent out from the top of the Civic Hall. Now all we need is a costume........

Part of..