10 10 / 10 from 9 Reviews

Albion Mills, Hazel Grove

<< 1 2 3 4 >>

elephant
Villager

elephant
Re: Albion Mills, Hazel Grove
3rd April 2016 at 2:44PM
Stretched from Grovenor street to commercial Road..Sainsbury originally wanted it but there offer was refused.later Quicksave bought it for a song, built te store and sold off the rest for nousing and they made on it. if it werent for the great of some of my relatives I would be a millionaire now, unfortunately far from it.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
hg16
Newcomer

hg16
3rd April 2016 at 6:42PM
Thanks elephant, that's really interesting it must have been a very big mill then! I didn't realise the new houses on Grosvenor Street round there were also built on where the mill used to be. So did the mill go right up to where the Grove Inn pub used to be? That's also really interesting to know that Kwiksave bought all of that land and then sold it off to build the houses, I remember going to that Kwiksave as a child. Yes I bet they made a packet!
elephant
Villager

elephant
12th April 2016 at 9:23AM
yes, mill went down right hand side looking from comercial road all the way to grovenor street.was much bigger than it looked from outside. throughthe gates on pownall street(entrance to aldi) it was at least 3 times longer than what you could see from comercial road.
jbar89
Idler

jbar89
20th April 2016 at 7:46PM
Hi Elephant,

Apologies for the late reply - I'd be very interested to learn more about those items relating to the Barton bike connection! My email address is j.f.barton@ncl.ac.uk - feel free to contact me this way.

jbar89
Idler

jbar89
18th July 2016 at 2:47PM
Hi elephant

I'd be really interested in hearing more about those items - my new email address is jfbarton@hotmail.co.uk

Look forward to hearing from you

<< 1 2 3 4 >>

Part of..