Albion Mills, Hazel Grove

<< 1 2 3 4 >>

jbar89
Idler

jbar89
Re: Albion Mills, Hazel Grove
16th July 2015 at 1:16PM
Thanks for this, Tarboat and elephant

I'm Frank M Barton's grandson, and happened upon this thread last year while doing a bit of research. Fascinating to see photographs and the wadding label - I knew very little about the mill/business until the last few years.

Just wanted to let you know that I shared these images with Frank not long before he passed away (this Christmas) and he was pleased to see them (although it did remind him about how many years he spent inside that packing room!).

If you have any other information or images I'd be really keen to see them.

All the best
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Tideswell29
Villager

Tideswell29
6th January 2016 at 8:36PM
I have only just found this site when I was looking for something else. Stanley Barton who may have been A Bartons son or even grandson was my cousin. He died 12 months ago this month and his wife a few weeks earlier. I moved from the Grove in 1977 but his daughter still lives in Stockport. I lived down Commercial Road as a child. Let know if there is anything I can help you with or any more info you have.
Tideswell29
Villager

Tideswell29
6th January 2016 at 8:41PM
Stanley Barton was my cousin. i can't remember the name of his father. Stan passed away a year ago this month.
Expert
Villager

Expert
7th January 2016 at 1:30PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but I seem to remember that the owner of the mill - during its later years - lived at Millbank Farm at the bottom end of Chester Road.
Tideswell29
Villager

Tideswell29
7th January 2016 at 4:18PM
Hi,

Yes, May and Stan inherited the farm from his father. They eventually retired to Criccieth where they died, May end 2014 and Stan the beginning of 2015.
Tideswell29
Villager

Tideswell29
7th January 2016 at 4:48PM
Is that L? Barton Mill came up on Facebook and I was trying to find out when it closed and came across this site. This is S from where you went to Uni.
Expert
Villager

Expert
8th January 2016 at 3:25PM
You asking me Tideswell? I'm certainly not "L". Just happen to know about the mill as I spent many a happy hour waiting for the school bus at the stop outside. + you won't find me on b!66€y facebook!
Tideswell29
Villager

Tideswell29
8th January 2016 at 3:50PM
Oops, sorry. Only just joined this site and thought I was replying to the girl whose father is Stan and used to work there weekends and when she was not at uni. She is my second cousin. Only use Facebook to keep in touch with what is going on in HG and Poynton as I moved away 38 years ago. Don't knock it if you've never used it. I post very little but there are some interesting sites and historical groups you can join. You don't have to post what you've had for breakfast and when you go to bed!!!
Tideswell29
Villager

Tideswell29
8th January 2016 at 3:59PM
Is that L? Thought I responded to you last night but obviously clicked the wrong thing. Only discovered this site yesterday when someone on Facebook posted a picture of Bartons Mill. When I was trying to look up when it closed this site came up. Been meaning to ring you all year but not been too well with one thing another. This is S from where you went to Uni.
elephant
Villager

elephant
8th January 2016 at 4:43PM
May and Stan Barton did live at Mill Bank farm Chester Road . They were my mum and dad and I did sadley loose them only three months appart. Dad was managing Director at the mill until he retired. They stayed on at the farm till about 86 then moved to Bramhall where they stayed for 5 years before moving to CRicceith. The moved one more time just 2 years before Dad died to LLanystumwy just up the road. Mum has elziamers and the move made her deteriorate quickly.
When she died 20 December soon followed 4th March. Ofa broken heart I suspect though it was officially kidney failure.
They were cemated and are now at St georges Poynton.
Uncle frank his cousin died 96 soon after. His wife Btty is in a home in Macclesfield and Stans sister has just gone in a home aged 92. She is fit and well and happy
<< 1 2 3 4 >>

Part of..