10 10 / 10 from 9 Reviews

Adams Place

<< 1 2 >>

mistamac
Villager

mistamac
Adams Place
2nd November 2013 at 8:18PM
Does anyone know what has happened to the Greek people that ran Adams Place on the A6? They were so friendly and the shop was always immaculately clean. Guess they couldn't make a living at it.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
sunflowerdee
Townsperson

sunflowerdee
Re: Adams Place
3rd November 2013 at 12:01AM
They did a fair job and where very friendly, and did home delivery. I don't know what has happened to them. I think when the greeks took it over it went downhill. Sad really. But my opinion is nobody can do fish and chips like the english. The last time I went there was about six months ago, the fat on the chips was old tasting, the mushy peas where to salty and obviously out of a tin. Adam won chippy of the year a few years ago, he sold it so maybe it is in the wrong location.
1234dist
Villager

1234dist
4th November 2013 at 7:14AM
They have taken over a busier chippy in old Trafford.
Doris
Townsperson

Doris
7th November 2013 at 12:47PM
I think your location on the A6 has a big say in your business being a sucsess,the parking is a joke in the daytime.
Take the boulevard chippy you can just roll up in your car and drive away day and night. The last thing you want to do is drive round in circles looking for a parking space. Also Take Aways are 10 a penny in the Grove now and people are spolit for choice. I think if Adams place was a big hit in the first place he would never have sold it !
TwistedBanana
Townsperson

TwistedBanana
8th November 2013 at 4:10PM
To Sum up Adams Plaice - All three of these things happened to me.

Incident number 1

"Can I have a fritter barm please"
"We don't sell fritters"
"What's that then" I said pointing into the warmers
"That's a scallop"
"Well Its a fritter in my book, can I have it on a barm please"
"yes"
Then I waited 5 minutes while he waited for the fish to cook for the person who had ordered before me before he eventually put the "fritter" between the pre-sliced barm and handed it over

Incident number 2

Ordered the Quarter chicken and chips. Tasted alright until I got towards the middle of the chicken and hit ice!!!!!

Incident number 3

Ordered a Sausage barm (didn't want to risk the fritter argument again). They bagged it up, I went down the road and when I opened it - feckin sausage and barm wrapped separately - They couldn't even be arsed to assemble the bloody thing.

Nice people I know but they couldn't run a car!! - And now they have gone to a busier place!!! They never had anything ready, chips were hit and miss, the only place that has ever ruined a Hollands baby's head.

I just happened to pass it a lot when hungry hence the amount of experience I have of their failings

glenandem
Forum Moderator

glenandem
8th November 2013 at 4:26PM
I just happened to pass it a lot when hungry hence the amount of experience I have of their failings

i was going to say why go back lol, sounds like it was run by clowns!
love the hollands baby head comment, never heard them called that before funnily enough.
sunflowerdee
Townsperson

sunflowerdee
9th November 2013 at 12:00AM
Whats a baby head regarding hollands pies, pudding? I would not eat Holland pies or puddings ever, found a fingernail in a meat and potatoe pie, gross, disgusting horrible things, YUCK. I complaint to them via post with the fingernail attached to the letter. Cannot remember exactly what the reply was, but it was something along the lines how they processed their food, denying it was a fingernail. Got a £10 gift voucher. Still makes me feel sick thinking about it. Wonder what other pieces off crap we eat in our food daily? Doesn't bear thinking about.
TwistedBanana
Townsperson

TwistedBanana
9th November 2013 at 6:52AM
Yer, Babys head is a pudding on account of it being soft and squidgy.

To be honest it gets right on my tits that all the chippys sell Hollanda pies because they are pretty damn poor - the puddings are lovely though.

Go to other areas of the country and get the pies their local supplier does and they are far superior. Wrights pies in Stafford for example.

I think any chippy round here would increase its trade by going to a different supplier, or better still making their own - I am starting to wonder if the guys at Hollands are running some sort of protection racket - "buy our pies and keep your eyes" to force the chippys to buy their product

How many times have you had the old chin burner - for the uneducated that's the Hollands meat pie that when you bite into it a torrent of lava fat drips down your chin leaving you with a red chin scar for a few days
RichT
Townsperson

RichT
9th November 2013 at 1:18PM
Is there anything worse than a rubbish chipy that sells microwaved Holland's pies? sick
sunflowerdee
Townsperson

sunflowerdee
10th November 2013 at 12:01AM
Yes!!! local pie suppliers for chippies. Hazeldines pies for me YUMMY.
<< 1 2 >>

Tagged With..