10 10 / 10 from 9 Reviews

A6MARR Exhibition Event 01/03/2016

OliverJohnstone
Hazel Grove Councillor

OliverJohnstone
A6MARR Exhibition Event 01/03/2016
22nd February 2016 at 12:49PM
Hi all

At a briefing the other week on the A6MARR I raised a concern that we haven't had an exhibition session for residents in Hazel Grove for a while. Lone behold I have been informed that one has been arranged for Tuesday 1st March between 2pm and 8pm at the Civic Hall.

There will be officers from the Council and staff from the contractor on hand to assist you if you have any queries, should you wish to attend. I will be there between 6pm and 8pm so I will also be available if you wish to speak to me in person.

0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
glenandem
Forum Moderator

glenandem
Re: A6MARR Exhibition Event 01/03/2016
22nd February 2016 at 7:13PM
Hi Oliver that's good to know, not sure if it's part of the airport relief rd plans but do you know if there's any truth in the norbury rail crossing planned closure after the relief rd opens?
OliverJohnstone
Hazel Grove Councillor

OliverJohnstone
22nd February 2016 at 7:38PM
No idea but I can ask.
OliverJohnstone
Hazel Grove Councillor

OliverJohnstone
1st March 2016 at 12:08PM
I will only be able to stay until 7pm tonight as I have another meeting.

Glenandem - I have still not heard anything back about this but will ask the relevant officer tonight if you are unable to make it.
OliverJohnstone
Hazel Grove Councillor

OliverJohnstone
7th March 2016 at 7:58AM
Hi All

I hope everyone who attended this found it useful.

Glenandem - re the rail crossing, no plans for it to be closed permanently on the side of the Council but it would really be a Network Rail decision. According to senior officers at the Town Hall, Network Rail are undertaking a review of all level crossings across the country but they do not believe this one is identified for closure.

The crossing will be temporarily closed whilst the new bridge is slid into place over the Easter Bank Holiday weekend.
tarboat
Villager

tarboat
8th March 2016 at 12:40PM
OliverJohnstone Wrote:

Hi All

I hope everyone who attended this found it useful.

Glenandem - re the rail crossing, no plans for it to be closed permanently on the side of the Council but it would really be a Network Rail decision. According to senior officers at the Town Hall, Network Rail are undertaking a review of all level crossings across the country but they do not believe this one is identified for closure.

The crossing will be temporarily closed whilst the new bridge is slid into place over the Easter Bank Holiday weekend.

I did post a few weeks back that Network Rail have stated that they have no plans to close the crossing permanently.

Oliver you are misinformed about the temporary closure of Norbury Hollow Road. It is supposed to be closed now and until 24th March whilst services are rerouted. The railway line will be closed over Easter for the bridge to be slid in. This will not affect road traffic over the crossing.

Part of..