Hazel Grove News

A Suburb in Stockport

10 10 / 10 from 9 Reviews

£60 Peel Centre parking fine...

This Thread is Locked

This Thread has been locked by a forum moderator.

<< 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 >>

sparrow
Villager

sparrow
Re: £60 Peel Centre parking fine...
12th May 2014 at 4:45PM
Intimidate- to subdue or influence by fear. Eg,the wording on an excel parking or debt recovery plus letter threatening court and bailiff action over a parking fee that is not legally enforceable in the first place.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Eugee73
Idler

Eugee73
12th May 2014 at 4:46PM
This is my second post now. I posted a few months ago about receiving a fine from Excell. In total I have had two letters from Excell then two letters from a solicitors connected to Excell. The final letter said my case was being returned to Excell who will proceed with court action (apparently). So I get the impression they tried the initial two letters then two letters from a 'solicitors' now its back to Excell.
I haven't heard from them for a few weeks.
I have never been in this situation before as I always pay and display/car parking etc. But I was new to Stockport at the time of the incident and not familiar with retail parks who charge to park.
I haven't been to the Peel Centre since last June nor do I intend to return.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
grumpy
Villager

grumpy
12th May 2014 at 4:47PM
I take it you work for Excel do you?. You've never been to The Peel centre at Christmas then? I have spoken with many people on forums and people i know who have been intimidated by EXCEL.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Damien
Villager

Damien
12th May 2014 at 5:07PM
Eugee73 Wrote:

This is my second post now. I posted a few months ago about receiving a fine from Excell. In total I have had two letters from Excell then two letters from a solicitors connected to Excell. The final letter said my case was being returned to Excell who will proceed with court action (apparently). So I get the impression they tried the initial two letters then two letters from a 'solicitors' now its back to Excell.
I haven't heard from them for a few weeks.
I have never been in this situation before as I always pay and display/car parking etc. But I was new to Stockport at the time of the incident and not familiar with retail parks who charge to park.
I haven't been to the Peel Centre since last June nor do I intend to return.

The signs stating how it works are not hard to find. Unless you're not even looking.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Damien
Villager

Damien
12th May 2014 at 5:20PM
grumpy Wrote:

I take it you work for Excel do you?. You've never been to The Peel centre at Christmas then? I have spoken with many people on forums and people i know who have been intimidated by EXCEL.

No, I don't work for Excel. Why do I have to to find it disgusting people are calling them cowboys because they couldn't be bothered to pay for a ticket?

I don't shop at the Peel centre very often as there aren't many shops that interest me there. But when I do, I have paid for a ticket. I did park at the PC World part when it was free, always got a (free) ticket, displayed it correctly and never overstayed my time. Funnily enough I was never bothered by Excel.

I did once try to shop at Christmas in Stockport, but couldn't find any parking spaces. If this thread is anything to go by, most were probably taken by people who couldn't be bothered to pay.

"Intimidation is intentional behavior that "would cause a person of ordinary sensibilities" fear of injury or harm."
If you or your friends really have been intimidated by Excel, I would suggest you contact the police. Though a bunch of letters asking you to pay a fine that was clearly listed on their signs in the car park, probably don't count as 'intimidation'.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Eugee73
Idler

Eugee73
12th May 2014 at 7:36PM
Excuse me? There are plenty of signs in retail and supermarket car parks. These normally state 2 hrs min stay. Along those lines.
And no I didn't look. Otherwise I wouldn't be in this situation!!
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
pongo
Villager

pongo
13th May 2014 at 11:55AM
Damien Wrote:

No, I don't work for Excel. Why do I have to to find it disgusting people are calling them cowboys because they couldn't be bothered to pay for a ticket? I did once try to shop at Christmas in Stockport, but couldn't find any parking spaces. If this thread is anything to go by, most were probably taken by people who couldn't be bothered to pay.

cooper120 Wrote:

all this is a bit silly.
there are actual mistakes when it comes to parking "ticket blew off the dashboard", "no machines were working" etc which i fully understand.
then there is this thread filled with people just trying to get away without paying for things. seriously it's £1.30 to park for 2 hours, how much is £1.30 worth to you? It's not even worth my time reading or writing a letter to excel! pay for your damn parking and don't have any hassle.[quote/]

In response to the above posts. I did purchase and retained the parking ticket issued. Excel still isssued a £60-00 parking charge because the registration number of my vehicle was not displayed on the ticket issued by their ticket machine!! I then had my appeal through POPLA rejected because they don't consider cases where there are mitigating circumstances!! How fair is that? My MP is currently looking into the matter for me. Incidently, because I had the audacity to appeal. The parking charge, if I had paid it, would have been increased to £100-00.

So Damien and cooper120,
What do you think regarding my situation?
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
grumpy
Villager

grumpy
13th May 2014 at 12:02PM
I HAVE paid the Charge and I have chosen not to park on there again. I always pay for parking, I made a genuine mistake in thinking that parking in the "Town Centre" was free after 6pm. I wont make the same mistake again.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
cooper120
Villager

cooper120
13th May 2014 at 12:10PM
pongo Wrote:

Damien Wrote:

No, I don't work for Excel. Why do I have to to find it disgusting people are calling them cowboys because they couldn't be bothered to pay for a ticket? I did once try to shop at Christmas in Stockport, but couldn't find any parking spaces. If this thread is anything to go by, most were probably taken by people who couldn't be bothered to pay.

cooper120 Wrote:

all this is a bit silly.
there are actual mistakes when it comes to parking "ticket blew off the dashboard", "no machines were working" etc which i fully understand.
then there is this thread filled with people just trying to get away without paying for things. seriously it's £1.30 to park for 2 hours, how much is £1.30 worth to you? It's not even worth my time reading or writing a letter to excel! pay for your damn parking and don't have any hassle.[quote/]

In response to the above posts. I did purchase and retained the parking ticket issued. Excel still isssued a £60-00 parking charge because the registration number of my vehicle was not displayed on the ticket issued by their ticket machine!! I then had my appeal through POPLA rejected because they don't consider cases where there are mitigating circumstances!! How fair is that? My MP is currently looking into the matter for me. Incidently, because I had the audacity to appeal. The parking charge, if I had paid it, would have been increased to £100-00.

So Damien and cooper120,
What do you think regarding my situation?

Yours in completely valid - you paid for your ticket and didn't outstay your welcome.

I am not debated that excel are cowboys, i've seen watchdog, they're on it. And nobody argues with Anne Robinson.

I'm saying that council car parks are a £30 fine, raising to £60 if you don't pay within a couple of weeks - is anybody moaning at them? No because they can charge you and you can't whine about it.

Some people are fixating their lifes on a problem that they caused, because they can't effectively manage their time or be bothered to shell out an extra pound to extend their parking.

0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
pongo
Villager

pongo
13th May 2014 at 12:48PM

[quote]I'm saying that council car parks are a £30 fine, raising to £60 if you don't pay within a couple of weeks - is anybody moaning at them? No because they can charge you and you can't whine about it.

Some people are fixating their lifes on a problem that they caused, because they can't effectively manage their time or be bothered to shell out an extra pound to extend their parking.[quote/]

I agree that people should pay for their parking ticket and renew it as it expires. However, the difference between the council and the Excel scenario is that:- If there are mitigating circumstances and the motorist appeals against the council issued parking fine, those mitigating circumstances are taken into consideration and the motorist is given a fair hearing. Indeed some of the council fines, if found to be unreasonable, are overturned by the Appeal Board. On the other hand POPLA, who are supposed to consider cases where the motorist has parked on private land, don't consider appeals if mitigating circumstances exist!! I find this extraordinary, unreasonable and totally unfair.

0 Likes 0 Dislikes  

<< 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 >>