A Suburb in Stockport

10 10 / 10 from 9 Reviews

373 Bus

OliverJohnstone
Hazel Grove Councillor

OliverJohnstone
373 Bus
4th July 2016 at 8:38PM
I have today been informed that the 373 bus service is to be withdrawn (Hazel Grove Station to Stepping Hill).

Please see link to timetable: http://www.tfgm.com/route-explorer/Pages/rx/num.html?UserText=373

I would really appreciate your thoughts on this either on here or via email on cllr.oliver.johnstone@stockport.gov.uk.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Jenny
Villager

Jenny
Re: 373 Bus
6th July 2016 at 9:37AM
Not surprising, never seen anybody use it!

(This is the point usually where a load of people who have never used the bus, and have no intention of using it, campaign to save it)
OliverJohnstone
Hazel Grove Councillor

OliverJohnstone
6th July 2016 at 1:52PM
Youre right Jenny you do find that happens often but it is important that we do voice concerns for what is likely a a number of vulnerable people who do rely on the service, especially as it connects the hospital to areas some distance from the 192 route.
1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
cooper120
Villager

cooper120
6th July 2016 at 6:05PM
Completely understand that cancellation. It has to be viable, and I doubt that route will be.
Expert
Villager

Expert
13th July 2016 at 6:59PM, Edit: 13th July 2016 at 7:00PM by Expert
Not sure how many people will find the need to travel between the hospital and Hazel Grove Station but, once upon a time, there was a proposal to provide SHH with its own station (I think before Woodsmoor was built). I seem to recall that this was scuppered by the hospital itself as they predicted that people from the psychiatric unit might find it too convenient - if you get my drift. Pretty lame excuse if you ask me.

Part of..