Hazel Grove Primary School

This thread was submitted to Hazel Grove

<< 1 2 >>

vulcanman
Townsperson

vulcanman
Hazel Grove Primary School
9th February 2015 at 7:31PM
From MEN today ... Good news for Primary Schools ...

Nearly a dozen crumbling schools in Greater Manchester are set for a share of a £100m pot for rebuilding or refurbishing projects.

Work will take place at 11 schools as part of £2bn government spending plans announced by ministers on a whistle-stop tour of Stockport.

The latest round of the coalition’s flagship Priority School Building Programme will see projects at 277 schools across the country - including 22 in the north west.

Greater Manchester schools will be handed a share of the £100m north west pot once ministers have established what work bosses want done. Schools minister David Laws visited Cheadle Primary, Great Moor Junior and Hazel Grove Primary in Stockport to see what difference the cash will make. ...
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Sevenmilesout
Townsperson

Sevenmilesout
Cameron HR department
10th February 2015 at 8:01AM, Edit: 10th February 2015 at 10:40AM by Sevenmilesout
vulcanman Wrote:

Greater Manchester schools will be handed a share of the £100m north west pot once ministers have established what work bosses want done. Schools minister David Laws visited Cheadle Primary, Great Moor Junior and Hazel Grove Primary in Stockport to see what difference the cash will make. ...

Dr. Vulcan, I presume

A little, 5 years too late I think. Just before the election....well that's a surprise.

"Ministers are being accused of suppressing a glowing report about Labour's £55 billion school renovation programme, Building Schools for the Future, which was controversially scrapped by the education secretary Michael Gove in 2010.
The report, which has now been disclosed under Freedom of Information legislation, says that schools rebuilt under BSF showed "significant" improvements in exam results and declining truancy".....the Guardian

David Laws......he didn't last long did he?...... From yesterday's ToryHateMail

"With his first spell in the Cabinet having ended ignominiously after just 17 days because of his 'serious breaches' of expenses rules, David Laws, Schools Minister might be expected to steer well clear of financial controversy"

Mind you...Dodgy Dave's Con Party will give anyone a job, without thoroughly checking their CV........

Stephen Green...Chief Executive and Chairman of HSBC. Oversaw HSBC, which promoted massive Tax Evasion for the global wealthy. Given a peerage by the Con Party and made a cabinet minister....unbelievable. The bank now faces criminal investigations in the US, France, Belgium and Argentina, but not in the UK, where HSBC is based.

Teresa May....Appointed two wholly unsuitable Tories to chair the Child Abuse Inquiry (both forced to resign, due to their links with the establishment) and surpassed herself by appointing a third by video interview. Notorious in New Zealand for cover-ups, rated 63 out of 63 NZ judges......unbelievable

And now..... David Laws.....sacked after 17 days

Watch this space.....Jeffrey Archer for Chancellor ??

"As long as the general population is passive, apathetic, diverted to consumerism or hatred of the vulnerable, then the powerful can do as they please, and those who survive will be left to contemplate the outcome."
Noam Chomsky

0 Likes 4 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
BlueGrover
Good Citizen

BlueGrover
Re: Cameron HR department
10th February 2015 at 8:11AM, Edit: 10th February 2015 at 8:12AM by BlueGrover
Sevenmilesout Wrote:

vulcanman Wrote:

Dr. Vulcan, I presume

A little, 5 years too late I think. Just before the election....well that's a surprise.

"Ministers are being accused of suppressing a glowing report about Labour's £55 billion school renovation programme, Building Schools for the Future, which was controversially scrapped by the education secretary Michael Gove in 2010.
The report, which has now been disclosed under Freedom of Information legislation, says that schools rebuilt under BSF showed "significant" improvements in exam results and declining truancy".....the Guardian

"With his first spell in the Cabinet having ended ignominiously after just 17 days because of his 'serious breaches' of expenses rules, David Laws, Schools Minister might be expected to steer well clear of financial controversy"

Mind you...Dodgy Dave's Con Party will give anyone a job, without thoroughly checking their CV........

Stephen Green...Chief Executive and Chairman of HSBC. Oversaw HSBC, which promoted massive Tax Evasion for the global wealthy. Given a peerage by the Con Party and made a cabinet minister....unbelievable. The bank now faces criminal investigations in the US, France, Belgium and Argentina, but not in the UK, where HSBC is based.

Teresa May....Appointed two wholly unsuitable Tories to chair the Child Abuse Inquiry (both forced to resign, due to their links with the establishment) and surpassed herself by appointing a third by video interview. Notorious in New Zealand for cover-ups, rated 63 out of 63 NZ judges......unbelievable

And now..... David Laws

"As long as the general population is passive, apathetic, diverted to consumerism or hatred of the vulnerable, then the powerful can do as they please, and those who survive will be left to contemplate the outcome."
Noam Chomsky

Yawn Yawn!
5 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Fi_nix
Top Reviewer

Fi_nix
Re: Hazel Grove Primary School
10th February 2015 at 8:58AM
This is good news. The local primary schools are getting some great reports and making great strides at the moment. Hazel Grove and Torkington Primary have been particularly brilliant over the last couple of years. I hope any money they get from this initiative will sort out some of the housekeeping/property problems, so the schools can keep focused on the children.
4 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
cooper120
Villager

cooper120
10th February 2015 at 12:44PM
Sevenmilesout Wrote:

vulcanman Wrote:

Dr. Vulcan, I presume

And now..... David Laws.....sacked after 17 days

Watch this space.....Jeffrey Archer for Chancellor ??

Noam Chomsky

Do you actually have nothing better to do?

"The people who moan about things nobody cares about could just write it in microsoft word"
Cooper120
3 Likes 1 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Sevenmilesout
Townsperson

Sevenmilesout
10th February 2015 at 1:04PM
Cooper

The difference between you and me is that I do care.

Noam Chomsky
0 Likes 2 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
slim
Townsperson

slim
10th February 2015 at 1:33PM
I recieved a letter this morning on House of Commons paper from Andrew stunnel bragging about the funding for hazel grove schools ?
Must be election time !
1 Likes 1 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Coleman
Good Citizen

Coleman
10th February 2015 at 1:51PM
Severnmilesout, Do you really have to hijack every thread? I would appreciate it if you kept your 'campaigning' to your threads that you already have running!

Any more of these types of posts made to unrelated threads will be deleted, otherwise feel free to join in any discussion you wish.
1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
OliverJohnstone
Hazel Grove Councillor

OliverJohnstone
10th February 2015 at 2:48PM
Really good news for Hazel Grove Primary School from the Government.

I know Nicky Morgan, the Education Secretary took a great deal of interest when she met with William to discuss issues with local primary schools in our constituency.

1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Sevenmilesout
Townsperson

Sevenmilesout
10th February 2015 at 2:57PM
I thought it was to the point, but I will ensure future posts will do just that.
0 Likes 2 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
<< 1 2 >>