Hazel Grove Primary School 100 years

This thread was submitted to Hazel Grove

<< 1 2 3 4 >>

hazelgroveps
Area Admin

hazelgroveps
Re: Hazel Grove Primary School 100 years
4th July 2012 at 8:39AM
The centenary book is now complete. If you would like to receive a copy of the book it is available from the school reception or in an online format from our school website (www.hazelgrove-pri.stockport.sch.uk)
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
William_Wragg
Hazel Grove MP

William_Wragg
21st July 2012 at 12:23PM
Best wishes to Mrs Burston who is retiring after 11 years as head teacher. She has done so much for the school and will be missed.
TwistedBanana
Townsperson

TwistedBanana
24th July 2012 at 1:25PM
Just to echo William Wragg's sentiments. Mrs Burston will be a huge loss to the school. Both my sons have attended during her tenure, the youngest leaving this week.

Mrs Burston was appoachable to both parents and children, the children all love her, she treated them with respect and understanding whilst always manageing to command their respect. Its a difficult balance to have and she did it to perfection. She seemed to know every one of them. If you ever walked through the school during the day, there was a buzz about the place, a real hive of activity

Having seen her passion to school productions etc, her vitality and enthusiasm spread to her pupils and staff. I am pretty sure i've witnessed a little tear at the end of the Nativity plays. She encouraged the children to do their best at what ever they tried. She also didn't discourage winning (a modern trait in some arenas) hence the success in certain extra curricular subjects. The schools results have gone through the roof during her time and recent years figures are the accumulation of hard work and a sound ethos that runs through the school.

Its a big pair of shoes to fill and good luck to whoever gets the role, there is a very solid foundation in place for you.

Thank you Mrs Burston, as the kids would probably say "you've been epic" - all the very best in whatever you choose to do next - don't be putting your feet up.
elephant
Villager

elephant
10th November 2013 at 9:50PM
Mrs Ferny,
yes i was a supply teacher and coveeed for her when she was off. my first intro to computors. She had a BBc tape machine.
After she left Chapel street she becsme IT consultant with Stockport. She had a lot to do withimproving my skillls as a teacher and when i became It coordinator for the school I taught at then.
Saw her about a month ago at sains supermarket still lives locally hasnt changed one bit.
Kipstone
Newcomer

Kipstone
9th August 2016 at 10:48PM, Edit: 9th August 2016 at 10:49PM by Kipstone
I remember Mr Parkinson - eccentric but also a maths genius. I have his autograph from 1966 with many others from when I left. Some great teachers at this school Mrs Allan and Mr Sheard taught me and inspired me to pass my 11 plus!
<< 1 2 3 4 >>