Hazel Grove High School News

Jacksons Lane, Hazel Grove, Stockport, SK7 5JX

0 Area has not been reviewed yet

school uniforms

This thread was submitted to Hazel Grove

This Thread is Locked

This Thread has been locked by a forum moderator.

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >>

TwistedBanana
Townsperson

TwistedBanana
Re: school uniforms
16th December 2012 at 8:10AM
Sorry my last post got a bit twisted with quoting others posts.

It starts from "he was told to" and finishes with "Christmas cheer"
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
happy
Townsperson

happy
16th December 2012 at 5:44PM
Yes I may be going on a little about what some people (norma) class as "trivial" issues, but I have 1 very big concern and when Ive rung to ask to see the Head I got told "OH yes shes got some appointments available in Jan 2013..!!!! Mmm this is to see a "Parent" with a concern that I specifically would like to see the head about not every other tom dick and harry under her!!! Thought in her Parents eve talks it was said her "Door was always open"
So yes some may continue talking their children there and think its good and thats fine. So as far as effective partnership with parents, this isnt very effective in my eyes
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
happy
Townsperson

happy
16th December 2012 at 8:21PM
Oopps I meant continue taking their children there not talking...But from what I have now witnessed as the way she runs her school and seeing my child unhappy my child will be took out and moved elsewhere...
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
happy
Townsperson

happy
20th December 2012 at 3:49PM
Ok How about this 1...this morning my daughter rang distressed asking for us to take her another coat as she was cold...I asked "Why when u went in a lovely warm furry black coat" (as I took her to school and was picking up so not outside much) She said "Because Ive just been told its not waterproff so to take it off and put in her bag"...That meant a lovely coat all scrunched up in her bag all day!!!!!! Now come on Norma PLZ dont tell me u would be happy at that...and YES I DID SAY IT WAS BLACK......
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Norma_Stitts
Supervised

Norma_Stitts
20th December 2012 at 4:10PM, Edit: 20th December 2012 at 4:12PM by Norma_Stitts
If that's the whole story and they do not specify something must be waterproof then that would be daft, yes.

I'm not calling you a liar before you go off on a rant but if they can tell them to put a coat in a bag then why not do the same with gloves/hats etc? I suspect that you, or we, are only getting part of the story here? Are you sure she didn't take it off as she was getting comments over it? It's easier to say you were told to take it off than it is to say people are taking the Mickey about something you bought her. Just a thought.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
TwistedBanana
Townsperson

TwistedBanana
20th December 2012 at 4:37PM
I am hoping that having witnessed something recently the school may now be being a little more flexible.

Due to an accident that left my sons "black" coat un-wearable on the last minute, I had to send him to school in his only other coat suitable for the horrible cold, wet conditions of that day. This coat is bright orange (he seems likes it), to save him getting in trouble I added a note to his diary informing anyone who was concerned of the reasons why. When i questioned him on his return, not one teacher had even mentioned his coat to him - maybe common sense has prevailed
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
happy
Townsperson

happy
20th December 2012 at 10:17PM
Oh Twistedbanana I wish we could meet, as what ever u have witnessed believe me if could hear MY story you would realise they are no way flexible!!!!!! And my daughter just for the record Norma isnt a liar and it was 8.30 and others witnessed and heard what was said, no-one took the mickey as everyone was saying how lovely and warm her coat looked......And nowhere does it stipulate "Waterproof" although I am not thick and wouldnt send her in pouring rain with it...this morn it wasnt bad rain and I took her and was picking her up...no need to out much so therefore coat didnt even get "Damp" never mind wet through...
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
stej01
Idler

stej01
6th January 2013 at 11:50PM
I went to Hazel Grove High School, and before a certain senior staff change happened, the school was doing okay, from our perspective. Sure it's out of debt more than it has been, and some of the grades are looking good, but my year got the best grades in it's consecutive year. That's what mattered. Now it's becoming more and more like a private school when it's always going to be a public school for a wide range of children and teenagers. Who cares if a kid goes into school with leopard print gloves, or a pink woolly hat, or anything like that. (Sure, football stuff could cause conflict on some small level but it never happened when I was there.) It's not offensive to anyone, it doesn't harm anyone, and surely, if anything, wearing dark clothes when the evenings are still dark are dangerous if anything. A lot of kids that go to that school aren't from the wealthiest families, so can't just change their current attire to suit the preferences of some snooty higher class people.

It's amazing, that I'm on average younger than all the people on this forum, yet I feel the most mature (compared to the ones that agree with the strict colour conduct of clothes). I don't see teachers adhering to strict clothing guidelines, they seem to wear whatever is "safe for work". I thought the nick-name of "Jackson's Jail House" had gone by now; obviously not. How about acting some of your own ages instead of your offspring's?
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
happy
Townsperson

happy
11th January 2013 at 8:01PM
Well said Ste...The woman who is now the head is all about "Power, power, power" and its her way or no-way never mind thinking of the kids, its all about statistics...they dont think about individual children all they are interested in is "Your kids have 100% attendence" or else they miss out on things that "Gifted and talented" children get to do.....My rant about that place could go on forever so thats why I made the choice to REMOVE my child from the place and would not recommend the school or academy whatever its supposed to be to anyone!!!!!!!
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Norma_Stitts
Supervised

Norma_Stitts
11th January 2013 at 9:03PM
happy Wrote:

they dont think about individual children all they are interested in is "Your kids have 100% attendence"

So how is seeking children to be present and therefore obtain an education not thinking of the children? I would be more concerned if they turned a blind eye to absence.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >>