Hazel Grove High School News

Jacksons Lane, Hazel Grove, Stockport, SK7 5JX

0 Area has not been reviewed yet

school uniforms

This thread was submitted to Hazel Grove

This Thread is Locked

This Thread has been locked by a forum moderator.

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >>

happy
Townsperson

happy
Re: school uniforms
15th December 2012 at 3:11PM, Edit: 15th December 2012 at 3:22PM by happy
In response to the last comment about my post, such a shame you have never met me or the mother of the child I was talking about. We send our child to HGHS in correct uniform, even down to length of flippin socks for gods sake...Get a grip is it really detremental to education what colour gloves hat and scarf are, on the way to and from school!!! Pathetic as they take them off in class. Head once did a talk about "Scarves arent to be worn in school lessons" Yeah fair enough so why was she stood there giving that talk with A SCARF ON!!!!!! And no the teachers all wear what colour uniform THEY want to wear, so why cant kids wear plain coloured gloves.
Really....
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Norma_Stitts
Supervised

Norma_Stitts
15th December 2012 at 4:10PM, Edit: 15th December 2012 at 4:17PM by Norma_Stitts
They can wear plain gloves, plain black ones. Leopard print is neither black nor plain coloured is it?

I don't understand why you are getting so upset over such a trivial issue that's easy to sort. Stick to the rules and there isn't a problem is there? Your poor keyboard must be black and blue.

The other point obviously went over your head. The teachers had to adhere to school uniforms when they were students and now they will have to adhere to a general dress code, be it smart/casual or whatever. They cannot wear what they want, they have an ability to choose their own sensible attire within the guidelines of the dress code. There is a World of difference between those 2 scenarios, especially as one is about professional, well educated adults and the other is about kids.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
TwistedBanana
Townsperson

TwistedBanana
Re: Sixth form to reopen at HGHS
15th December 2012 at 4:13PM
Norma, what an absolute pathetic post with no substance behind it. My son had a charcoal coloured hat taken off him, not a fashion statement. It was a cold day and as decent parents we wrapped him up, it was a teacher who decided to confiscate it, that's as pathetic as your weaker than weak point. And believe me it isn't made clear about the "accepted" colour of winter walk to and around attire. If there is a colour rule why do they allow any choice of bag, satchel etc. It is nothing more than pathetic crap. No real thought to it. Just people who should be educating kids not pissing about with crap like this. I suspect you are one of them - get real
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Norma_Stitts
Supervised

Norma_Stitts
15th December 2012 at 4:25PM
TwistedBanana Wrote:

Norma, what an absolute pathetic post with no substance behind it. My son had a charcoal coloured hat taken off him, not a fashion statement. It was a cold day and as decent parents we wrapped him up, it was a teacher who decided to confiscate it, that's as pathetic as your weaker than weak point. And believe me it isn't made clear about the "accepted" colour of winter walk to and around attire. If there is a colour rule why do they allow any choice of bag, satchel etc. It is nothing more than pathetic crap. No real thought to it. Just people who should be educating kids not pissing about with crap like this. I suspect you are one of them - get real

I wasn't talking about a charcoal hat. I was refering to the leopard print gloves. That's why the part I quoted made reference to leopard print gloves and not a charcoal hat.

As you asked. Charcoal isn't black. You acknowledge that yourself. Was he told to take it off because he was wearing it in class? That parts unclear. It's bad manners to wear a hat inside.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
happy
Townsperson

happy
15th December 2012 at 4:33PM
Thank u Twistedbanana...Well said and thank u for back-up...I am a working mum and my child adheres to rules and behaves well so I will not have her classed the same as "some" kids who go around like they are on a fashion parade!! But to be honest as long as they are in uniform I wouldnt care what colour gloves and hat they wear! Also I have just researched more about it been an "Academy" and I am not impressed at all and I am losing confidence in my child attending there now.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Norma_Stitts
Supervised

Norma_Stitts
15th December 2012 at 4:50PM
You didn't pick the most apt username then did you, happy?
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
happy
Townsperson

happy
15th December 2012 at 5:19PM
Hmm Norma so sad you have to fling mud and snide comments at people....I am actually very happy..as I am very proud of my daughters achievements and shes only 11...but I am not letting HGHS reep the benefits when Its her primary school that have made her achieve well, Yet HGHS well what can I say....Im sure many other people agree with my opinions..I want my child educated well not dictated to like a robot being programmed to just make school records look good...So carry on with your un-useful comments to people you dont know!! We are all allowed to speak our mind...and people dont have to agree, but then some others on here that dont agree with me and there probably are others dont seem to have the same sad attitude as you to make rude comments.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
happy
Townsperson

happy
15th December 2012 at 5:34PM
Also to be refering to our children as "KIDS" I actually think at high school they are young adults and should be treated that way, the children in the primary where I work get treated better and by professionals who enjoy working with them, not by people who think "Im the grown up you will do what I say".
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Norma_Stitts
Supervised

Norma_Stitts
16th December 2012 at 4:16AM
happy Wrote:

Hmm Norma so sad you have to fling mud and snide comments at people....I am actually very happy..

Could you please point out where I have flung mud and snide comments?

I thought the quip about your username would have been taken with a pinch of salt as you are clearly unhappy with school rules and their future plans.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
TwistedBanana
Townsperson

TwistedBanana
16th December 2012 at 8:05AM
Norma_Stitts Wrote:

TwistedBanana Wrote:

I wasn't talking about a charcoal hat. I was refering to the leopard print gloves. That's why the part I quoted made reference to leopard print gloves and not a charcoal hat.

He was told to take it off while walking between lessons, do you really thinkbibwould have defended him if he had been wearing inside during class????

On that point, his friend was disciplined for wearing a "non-uniform" garment on the way home, half way down Jacksons Lane but apparently "the school is responsible for them until they get home".

I would point out that I am not as disillousined with the school as "Happy" is, although I totally respect their opinion and can see how the pettiness can push a parent over the edge. My eldest son has gone through the school and come out the other side succesfully. It wasn't without my intervention though, I could list a number of things that happened that if, as a parent I hadn't got involved my sons future would have been compromised. Its just a shame that with modern education being more about point scoring and league tables the system cant be trusted to be necessarily be doing the right thing by your child. That's not a dig at HGHS, more at the Education Secretary. I think "Happy" may find problems in nist local schools. What they won't find is pettiness to the levels HGHS put out.

Personally I will stick with it, only 4 and half years plus the extra one that the younger ones have to do now and then all my kids are through it.

I would like to apologise for my language on last nights response, I had indulged in a little Christmas cheer

As you asked. Charcoal isn't black. You acknowledge that yourself. Was he told to take it off because he was wearing it in class? That parts unclear. It's bad manners to wear a hat inside.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >>