Hazel Grove High School News

Jacksons Lane, Hazel Grove, Stockport, SK7 5JX

0 Area has not been reviewed yet

school uniforms

This thread was submitted to Hazel Grove

This Thread is Locked

This Thread has been locked by a forum moderator.

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >>

TwistedBanana
Townsperson

TwistedBanana
school uniforms
30th November 2012 at 4:24PM
Just received a text off Hazel Grove High School reminding parents that all hats and scarves worn by the children should be black. I was aware that my son had gone to school today in a charcoal coloured hat so I asked him on his return home if anything was said.

As I suspected something was said. He was asked why he was wearing it and with the innocence of an 11 year old he replied "because its cold".

Not a bad answer considering the temperature hadn't got above zero all day.

He was told to remove it or it would be confiscated.

I understand that schools don't want the kids wearing football hats etc (although brightly coloured hats on the walk home aren't a bad thing) but it was charcoal for for God sake

Get a grip HGHS, have your teachers concentrate on teaching instead of petty nit picking.

0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Mummy
Villager

Mummy
Re: school uniforms
1st December 2012 at 10:00PM
I got that letter too I agree with you this is my second child in there and my gripe is that in the past ten years they have changed the uniforms 6 times from what I can remember I think they really need to think about there priorities sorted and sort out teaching not what kids r wearing (rant over)
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
TwistedBanana
Townsperson

TwistedBanana
2nd December 2012 at 4:19AM, Edit: 3rd December 2012 at 9:40AM by Coleman
Idler, same here, one son finished there last year as the other one started this year. I sent a letter about the uniforms four years ago having received a letter from them about the "choices" for a new uniform. Not one of the options was to stay as is.

I sent a dictionary definition of the word "uniform" and its references to "constant,unchanging" to the head and school board. Needless to say, I wasn't afforded a response. Am I being cynical when I suspect that the arrangement with certain apparel stores works for both parties?

Before my son left last year there was three different variances of the uniform on show at the school, that's not including the ridiculous "leavers hoodie" that cost be nigh on £20.00 for him to wear fir the last six weeks of his time there.

Not being a grouch, just wonder who sits there and thinks this s*** up
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
happy
Townsperson

happy
11th December 2012 at 10:00PM
Hi, I too received this text and I find it unbelievable that our children (or should I say us) are been dictated to about the colour of a bloody Hat, scarf and gloves. I dont want my daughter looking like shes going to a wake!! And on these dark nights ALL BLACK is ridiculos. Ive had a few issues already about this school and my child has only just started there and Im already wanting to move her out of that school. Very very unimpressed with it. I just wish all parents who have issues do the same as me and do a written complaint to the education board.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
happy
Townsperson

happy
Re: Sixth form to reopen at HGHS
11th December 2012 at 10:18PM
Well, in a talk the head said "To pick school right for your child".....well her school is not right for my child...I dont want my child treated like a robot and been dictated too as to how high her socks can be and what colour hat and gloves she wears!!!! Shes going in school in correct uniform and black coat I think everything else is just pure pathetic...I wish more parents would actually complain to the school about this to make a stand. My daughter said her friend in yr 7 had her gloves confiscated for the whole day because they were "Leopard print" How flippin childish, Do the teachers all wear same uniform and all black coat hat scarf and gloves to set the example??? Yes you are getting your child ready for going in the big wide world and at work but Im sure a boss would not dictate as to what colour Hat, gloves and scarf you can wear and what length socks and no boots for the winter!!!!!!! Rant over
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
BlueGrover
Good Citizen

BlueGrover
12th December 2012 at 8:00AM
TwistedBanana Wrote:

Idler, same here, one son finished there last year as the other one started this year. I sent a letter about the uniforms four years ago having received a letter from them about the "choices" for a new uniform. Not one of the options was to stay as is.

I sent a dictionary definition of the word "uniform" and its references to "constant,unchanging" to the head and school board. Needless to say, I wasn't afforded a response. Am I being cynical when I suspect that the arrangement with certain apparel stores works for both parties?

Before my son left last year there was three different variances of the uniform on show at the school, that's not including the ridiculous "leavers hoodie" that cost be nigh on £20.00 for him to wear fir the last six weeks of his time there.

Not being a grouch, just wonder who sits there and thinks this s*** up
I think you know in your heart of hearts!
Moving on, awesome show the other night. The only bits missing were "tonight Matthew I'm going to be............"
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
TwistedBanana
Townsperson

TwistedBanana
12th December 2012 at 8:35AM
Blue Grover? I'm not 100 percent sure which show you are referring to do but having heard a few comments over the last few days from both people who witnessed it and others who have seen a section of the proposed Xmas DVD that was posted on a social networking site, that you are referring to an unexpected Hazel Grove performance of a track by the wonderful KB. Performed admirably by a local lad.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Adora
Good Citizen

Adora
12th December 2012 at 11:13PM

Agree - all black uniforms including hat, coat and gloves, is lunacy. Jeez, they should be wearing coats in the brightest, most luminous colours available at this time of year. (And just for the record, I'm a massive fan of uniform - worn correctly- normally).
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
happy
Townsperson

happy
15th December 2012 at 11:37AM
Also my child in yr 7 got told their "Knot" on their tie was too big and not uniform regulation...I mean comer on how pathetic they want to get a grip and stop this POWER trip. I class them as bullies
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Norma_Stitts
Supervised

Norma_Stitts
Re: Sixth form to reopen at HGHS
15th December 2012 at 1:47PM
happy Wrote:

My daughter said her friend in yr 7 had her gloves confiscated for the whole day because they were "Leopard print" How flippin childish, Do the teachers all wear same uniform and all black coat hat scarf and gloves to set the example???

That's the parents fault for sending them out as if on a fashion parade when it's crystal clear what the rules are.

As for the teachers, they have done their time at school adhering to uniforms, they will now have to work to a dress code.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >>