0 Area has not been reviewed yet

Mr Kilmartin HGHS

This thread was submitted to Hazel Grove

happy
Townsperson

happy
Mr Kilmartin HGHS
17th December 2012 at 1:28PM
Can any 1 shed any light on this plz, My child said a while ago Mr Kilmartin is retiring the end of term (this fri 21st dec) and was quite gutted about this as thinks he's good teacher.
But we have received nothing from school telling us this?? Strange...hes worked there a long time and was always known as good teacher. Some parents may want to say a good bye!!!!!!! And then who will be teaching our children ???? will they be as good as Mr K
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
vulcanman
Townsperson

vulcanman
Re: Mr Kilmartin HGHS
17th December 2012 at 2:23PM
This happens all the time at most secondary schools when staff retire. It seems to be only the primary sector that make a big deal of it.

With a sixth form in mind, the school will have to replace with a highly qualified and experienced teacher since no doubt they will have to teach A level as well.
happy
Townsperson

happy
17th December 2012 at 10:31PM
Such a shame, dont remember it been like that when I was there...Well Im glad my child is actualy going to get him a little something to Thank him...He will be missed, but I wish him a happy retirement.
OliverJohnstone
Hazel Grove Councillor

OliverJohnstone
17th December 2012 at 10:42PM
Mr Kilmartin taught me French in my final two years. He is a fantastic teacher - a real old school man who loved his subject and tried to instill that appreciation in his students.

Without a doubt a strong asset to the school and I wish him well in his retirement.
Coleman
Good Citizen

Coleman
18th December 2012 at 9:01AM
I'm supprised its taken him this long to go!

He had been there 'donkeys years' when i first joined the school and that was nearly 20 years ago, so god knows how long he has been there or how old he must be for that matter!

I bet there are very few of the teachers left there that i would recognise now, makes me feel a little old.

Suppose they all have to go sooner or later though!
happy
Townsperson

happy
18th December 2012 at 8:36PM
Yep he was Oliver and they are losing a good asset to the school...
stej01
Idler

stej01
6th January 2013 at 11:55PM
But... But who will teach children how to speak French, but with a broad Scottish accent?

Awesome teacher, he's a true veteran of that school!

Tagged With..