This thread was submitted to Hazel Grove

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >>

BlueGrover
Good Citizen

BlueGrover
Re: HGHS V Hazel Grove Academy
10th August 2012 at 10:46AM
BigTed Wrote:

Well said Vulcanman you are clearly a [Vulcan]man in the know.

You have highlighted yet more reasons why the school is far far better off cut-free from the LEA. It had never dawned on me before but the schools land would indeed be prime building land in an area of high cost housing. Look what happened to all of those closed primary schools – prime building land. I’ll bet all of the money realised from the sale of those prime plots wasn’t spent on educating our children!

More comfy cushions down at the town hall I’ll bet.

So what we are saying here then; is by accident or design the governors who we all thought ill of may have saved the school for the future kids of Hazel Grove that the avaricious bods at the town hall could have turned into housing for families who would then have no place to send their kids to school!

Remarkable!
Pedant's corner,but let's be accurate on here. There is no such beast as a LEA, it's been LA for years.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
BigTed
Villager

BigTed
10th August 2012 at 1:06PM
Yep, let’s be accurate – it’s an LEA not; a LEA. In truth I added a letter and you missed one, was that all?
TwistedBanana
Townsperson

TwistedBanana
10th August 2012 at 1:42PM
Big Ted, it seems you have entered the forum again and still not answered any of my questions, I can now only assume you are an accomplished politician.

When exactly are you going to answer my questions that you so succinctly lambasted without any substance in return.

I think i will have to change my name to "frustrated from stockport". I can only assume that you are stuggling to provide anything other than magniloquent rhetoric, void of depth and substance.

I am not sure this thread can extend any further until you stop avoidance and respond to the posted questions
BlueGrover
Good Citizen

BlueGrover
10th August 2012 at 1:58PM
BigTed Wrote:

Yep, let’s be accurate – it’s an LEA not; a LEA. In truth I added a letter and you missed one, was that all?
Fast response to a typo......
How fast do you get when it comes to answering questions, just asking?
Coleman
Good Citizen

Coleman
10th August 2012 at 2:17PM
Wow, how fast it descends to petty sniping!

Maybe it isn't part of Big Ted's agenda to answer those questions, maybe his (i assume) role in these discussions is to try and force his obvious love of the Academy status on to others and he simply knows no other way than to make unsubstantiated statements about its great success!
It would explain his inability to answer questions that don't follow his thinking!

Another reason i suspect he is a teacher (obviously one which supports the change)! You do tend to find these 'never left school' type's struggle understanding the real world!
OliverJohnstone
Hazel Grove Councillor

OliverJohnstone
10th August 2012 at 2:23PM
Ha Twisted I am an unaccomplished politician and thus I answer questions and debate fairly I assume? ;)

Coleman there are good and genuine reasons to be for the academy. I wouldn't say Ted's lack of willingness to share his with us is a signal that there aren't any.

I know I've wittered on about it plenty...
Coleman
Good Citizen

Coleman
10th August 2012 at 3:00PM
I know there is good points to it and benefits, but those in support of this change rather than address the fears and concerns of those who either simply don't support it or believe it could be a mistake, seem to just shout their case louder and ignore all the facts that it COULD fail miserably and Could end up with the school becoming more of a dump then it was when i was there!

The thing that concerns me is that the supporters seem to think that after relatively no time at all anything that is going right there 'must' be down to a change that surely cant even fully be in place yet? and certainly won't have taken full effect yet!

It makes you wonder who these noisy and apparently deaf (to other peoples views at least) supporters are and if they are those directly responsible for the school. Because if they are, they seem ill-equipped to actually do that job!

I suppose it's no great problem for me since it's 9 years before my daughter will be high school age, and even if it was only a a year or two HGHS is one of the last schools i would want her going to anyway!
TwistedBanana
Townsperson

TwistedBanana
10th August 2012 at 3:07PM
OJ, I said as much in a previous post to the one where i had a not so veiled dig at "accomplished politicians". Good to see you class yourself as "accomplished", I would suggest that is a matter of opinion :evil-grin: . I may have a had a little dig in the previous post as well, i cant help it, its the evil me coming out :devil:

To be fair, you have made your points on this thread in a way i can respond to without getting wound up. I think it is obvious to all i am passionate about this subject hence my continuous drive to get certain people to put some meat on the bones of their points
OliverJohnstone
Hazel Grove Councillor

OliverJohnstone
10th August 2012 at 3:13PM
I am probably classed as unaccomplished - I recently lost an election after all.
1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
BigTed
Villager

BigTed
10th August 2012 at 3:27PM
OK Mr Banana, be frustrated no more. Please put your question and I shall answer it – if an answer is within my grasp. I shall not ‘witter on’ nor ‘pontificate’, I have a view and so do you – I respect but disagree with yours and you mine.

In terms of your forever guessing at my position in this debate, your views that I am a teacher, a governor, a councillor, a journalist, a lawyer – or any other position are way off the mark and quite quite irrelevant. What difference would it make if I were the Head of the school or indeed the Head of the CYPD, clearly in your eyes different ends of the argument. You may not even have the correct gender. You have assumed (and here I can state empirical fact from firsthand knowledge) that one’s position; Teacher/Parent/Governor/LA Officer, dictates your point of view. This is not the case, in-fact each group has a very wide spectrum and it is merely the balance within the group which changes whilst the ‘radicals’ comes to the fore, however great or few they are in number. Moreover the perceived balance – and I understand that I have been picked up on citing the silent-majority, is rarely what an outsider to each group believes it to be.

I think what I have (thus far unsuccessfully) tried to convey is, that whilst I am indeed ‘for’ the conversion of HGHS into an academy, I – like you am not entirely 100% convinced. It may be true that this is a huge ‘leap in the dark’ but faith has moved mountains in the past and without trying this how will we know. If we were both to set our views to one side for the moment; how would we feel if the majority of UK secondary schools were to be successfully using the academy model to access all sorts of resources and extra funding and the students of Hazel Grove were to be left way behind because we don’t believe it could work – how do we know – who’s to say. It is true that only result, in the broadest sense, from the far distant future can prove either of us right, but as I have mentioned earlier; little steps. The bald fact is that in truth the majority of secondary schools in the UK are now using the academy model and accessing more and more of everything. Whilst it may not be comfortable (agreed) it is now more and more the norm. I also agree that this is entirely a politically driven initiative. But it is an initiative started by one political group and supported and encouraged by another. It would therefore seem that it is here to stay.

Your views have a lot to be respected within them and I want you to understand that I strongly hold that you should have every forum to express them, but PLEASE respect mine – whilst you may not agree with them, and PLEASE PLEASE be less personal.

Ask your question...
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >>

Tagged With..