Hazel Grove High School News

Jacksons Lane, Hazel Grove, Stockport, SK7 5JX

0 Area has not been reviewed yet

HGHS

This thread was submitted to Hazel Grove

This Thread is Locked

This Thread has been locked by a forum moderator.

<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>

Coleman
Good Citizen

Coleman
Re: HGHS
22nd April 2013 at 11:20AM
Can i suggest that Happy, uses the ignore function and ignores Norma as HE has with you!

And for that matter maybe do the same for anyone else you dislike, then rather than all these back and forth arguments maybe we can all just get on with the topics at hand.

I refuse to take sides, but i have to say Happy that you sound an awful lot like you enjoy playing the victim (like i said block and ignore if you dislike someone).

If threads keep descending into bickering and going off topic, then i'll start locking them up, and i'd rather not do that if they are otherwise of interest!
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
natbags
Villager

natbags
22nd April 2013 at 11:46AM
Im sure that pressing the ignore butten has been suggested before,but obviously happy has taken to ignoreing the ignore button! I aso think that norma's got to be a bloke but have previously refered to "her" to be polite,and to be on the safe side! Anyway,going off topic here,glad to see that ive been promoted to "villager" rather than "newcomer"!!
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  

This post has been deleted by the author.

Fi_nix
Top Reviewer

Fi_nix
22nd April 2013 at 12:51PM
happy Wrote:

Yes just to confirm I did hit the ignore button but apparently Norma ignored me also Hmm ok then why not take note of that then and just ignore me!!......Let me put this 1 forward just to inform "parents" on this site....When a lady I know and her husband were looking around HGHS (they have an autistic child) they asked a member of staff stood near Ms Nolan "What resources and work are you implicating for a child with autism here, To be told by this member of staff (known as SEN co-ordinator and stood near Ms Nolan as I said) She blantently came out with "Well, we hope that theyve grown out of that behaviour by the time they get here"!!!!!! Hmm doesnt take a genius to now how shocked this lady and her husband were Hence why they NEVER put there son and daughter in HGHS...So Fi-nix when you ask me "what exactly do I help with" I help with making sure children are being cared for and looked after in the learning environment and been treated correctly to help them become "Young adults" and not be disrespectful to others.

Huh? So you wander around schools, making sure they work correctly - you're an Ofsted inspector then?

Right, lot of HGHS bashing gone on here from Happy, so here's my experience and I'll address Happy's last point, first...

HGHS does make provision for SEN. In fact, their in-take of SEN is quite high and they manage to mainstream these children through effectively as well as providing good educations for NT children (neurotypical) at the same time. HGHS also ends up with quite a high quota of kids who have been expelled from else where and guess what, they've successfully integrated most of these children and churned out respectful human beings at the end of their time there.

HGHS has had and continues to have, some issues. As does Marple, Bramhall, Poynton and even Stockport Grammar. When you put a random collection of 1000+ individuals all under one roof, they are not all going to get along famously and behave like angels. They get it wrong, they make mistakes, they learn and grow up - they're teenagers, it's their job.

In addition, 1000+ children come fully loaded with 1,000+ families and HGHS is not a one size fits all institution. No school is. It's either good for your kid and your family or it's not, so move them or choose a different school at the beginning of the process.

As for what allegedly happened with Happy's friends when they went to visit the school,...that's an incomplete story. Without being there, we have no way of knowing what was said in what context. Your friends need to investigate further with the school or just cross it off their list Happy. I don't see what your story has to do with your original question, which seemed to be "Do the Council sponsor HGHS staff adverts".

I cannot stop anyone school bashing on here, however, what I can say in defence of HGHS is this - two out of my three have gone to red brick universities off the back of the exam results they obtained initially at HGHS.

Happy, it's clear you do not like HGHS, however, your second-hand tattling on here is doing the whole school and more importantly, the children who DO go there, a huge disservice. If you love children as much as you make out, you would surely be on the side of the children still there - rubbishing their school, rubbishes them as well and in my view, your motives here are deplorable.

0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
cllrkevinhogg
Hazel Grove Councillor

cllrkevinhogg
22nd April 2013 at 12:53PM
I find the last post unbelievable, autism is not grown out of but can be combatted with the right approach. As for contacting me please do I have a surgery at the HG library 10 til 11 on the 3rd sat each month, other than that phone me on 456 4936 and I will come to see you.
1 Likes 0 Dislikes  
BlueGrover
Good Citizen

BlueGrover
22nd April 2013 at 12:59PM, Edit: 22nd April 2013 at 12:59PM by BlueGrover
Step One Visit the school
Step Two Speak to other parents
Step Three Speak to child, if you want them to be happy that is.
Step Four Make decision

For the record, my son is in year nine and doing well. I may not agree with some of the more petty uniform issues, but take it from me HGHS is not that different than any other secondary school in the borough. How can you say that Blue I hear you cry? Well, almost 25 years experience in working with both the primary and secondary sectors has given me a little insight.
1 Likes 0 Dislikes  
happy
Townsperson

happy
22nd April 2013 at 1:03PM
People are unreal on here I can assure u this lady I know her autistic child who is lovely she did not make up this I really have had enough of this forum so just to please u all goodbye
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Fi_nix
Top Reviewer

Fi_nix
22nd April 2013 at 1:07PM, Edit: 22nd April 2013 at 1:09PM by Fi_nix
Nobody said it was a made up story Happy - only that we don't have the full context within which the remarks were allegedly made.

Cllr Hogg is taking your (now deleted by you but fortunately, quoted by me, so everyone can still see the accusations you are making, second-hand)) post very seriously and has just asked you to contact him directly because he is so concerned about them.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
happy
Townsperson

happy
22nd April 2013 at 1:12PM
And I deleted above post as seen as though u feel its an incomplete statement, shame for the lovely family who it happened too!! But of course I'm the 1 in the wrong on here, for saying how it was for them!!!!
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Fi_nix
Top Reviewer

Fi_nix
22nd April 2013 at 1:21PM
If it did happen the way you described, then it is a shame for that family. Pass on Cllr Hogg's details and get them to phone him directly. I'm sure they and their daughter are a very lovely family but even if they weren't, the school acted despicably if it happened as you said. If they are genuine, lovely people, they won't want it to happen to anyone else affected by autism or any other SEN. So, the ball is in your court Happy.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  

<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>

Tagged With..