Hazel Grove High School News

Jacksons Lane, Hazel Grove, Stockport, SK7 5JX

0 Area has not been reviewed yet

HGHS

This thread was submitted to Hazel Grove

This Thread is Locked

This Thread has been locked by a forum moderator.

<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>

happy
Townsperson

happy
Re: HGHS
20th April 2013 at 5:58PM, Edit: 20th April 2013 at 6:03PM by happy
Oh for gods sake knew she'd get her ore in on yet again 1 of my posts....Jeez Im only stating facts and Im the only 1 happy to speak my mind on here and I know for a fact there are other parents who agree with me!!!!! So much for u "Norma" ignoring me on this site...why keep popping up having your sarcastic pop at me then!!!!! Some people on here want to actually read the question I asked.....AND actually read the small print in statistics in what they think are such great reports to read before sending their child to a school and want to not just take what a piece of paper says...People really need to stop using this site for just hounding others and critisizing every single post its such a shame the forum still allows this...God forbid for anyone else to maybe in the future have a problem at HGHS and say "Hmm maybe Happy was right" And dont know why you have to continue with your sad attitude as to saying about kids who arent in school Norma as I have said before MY CHILD DID NOT SKIVE (as u put it) The question was nothing to do with my other posts (which some did agree with me by the way) but it was a question my friend had asked. So please get a life that doesnt involve trolling on here after my posts
0 Likes 1 Dislikes  
Norma_Stitts
Supervised

Norma_Stitts
20th April 2013 at 5:59PM, Edit: 20th April 2013 at 6:10PM by Norma_Stitts
glenandem Wrote:

I'm a little confused here too Norma, I'm reading happy painting a picture of inexperienced teachers coming and going like anyone's business but then Vulcan man saying there is a turnover but no more ins or outs than most other schools and the teachers they get in are a level not fresh student turned teachers!
People need to be carefull putting schools down maybe because they've had a bad experience,can I ask are you the poster from a while ago about the school uniform problems?
I seem to remember they have signs outside with They're results or something's, you can't fiddle with kids results can you as a school?

Yeah, that's the one... Click here

Torky Wrote:

Why is it that Poynton, Bramhall and Marple achieve far superior results? Better teachers? more affluent families? brighter children? Does HGHS encourage take up of easier subjects so their overall quantity not quality of results looks better?

The figures below show the percentage of pupils achieving 5 A-C inc Eng. and Maths and those achieving the English Baccalaureate. What are HGHS kids getting their GCSE's in, knitting?

Bramhall High School 73% - 33%
Hazel Grove High School 70% - 3%
Marple Hall School 75% - 30%
Poynton - 69% - 33%

Personally I believe the school needs to improve the quality of teaching and if that means getting rid of the dead wood I.e. the poor teachers, then great!

Hazel Grove has some right rough parts within it's catchment area, Bramhall, Marple and Poynton all have council estates in their towns, as does Hazel Grove but HGHS also catch areas like Adswood (as does CHHS) etc.

The EB stats can be screwed because of the subjects that make up the statistics, when I went to HGHS Geography and History weren't compulsory subjects after year 9 if I remember correctly, you had 7 core subjects (Inc Maths, combined science, English language and literature, a language and I forget the last one - EDIT: It was design/technology I think? I may be getting design tech and Geography mixed around but I didn't sit History!) and chose 2 options, History and Geography were both option subjects I recall? Not sure if that's still the case but thought I would throw it into the mixer...
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
happy
Townsperson

happy
20th April 2013 at 6:09PM
The banner by the way was only grades in eng and maths A-C and if you looked at that against other schools at time on the actual website (where they show small print) it was not "Outstandingly higher" than any others...
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Torky
Villager

Torky
20th April 2013 at 8:13PM
I watched an interesting documentary a few months back based on deprived schools in London. In an attempt to raise standards a new initiative was launched to only appoint the best graduates in London, no doubt coupled with outstanding leadership. Results show that schools have been turned around and they're outperforming the rest of the country.

The kids are told to leave their attitudes at the door and expectations are high.

So, as I've said previously, strong leadership with new staff may benefit HGHS. If results don't improved I'll be moving house, as I see it HGHS is failing the kids and I won't be sending mine there.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Fi_nix
Top Reviewer

Fi_nix
20th April 2013 at 9:46PM
happy Wrote:

Maybe Councillor Hogg can help me here...why if Ms Nolan wanted Academy status (nothing to do with council) then why would stockport council help her advertise for staff why arent the staff shes got happy to stay and stop messing the kids about by all these staff leaving and hiring "newly" qualified as far as I knew a teacher just last yr got sacked for teaching totally the wrong work for a subject so wouldnt you want staff who knew for definate what the hell they were teaching

Happy - did you really help out in a school? What, may I ask, did you help out with?

0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
Torky
Villager

Torky
20th April 2013 at 10:03PM
Having read Norma's link to your previous post Happy, I agree with the school on strict uniform rules. They want the children to come to school to learn and have no distractions. As silly as it may sound to you, look into it a bit deeper and think about the psychology behind it.

0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
glenandem
Citizen

glenandem
20th April 2013 at 10:29PM
If these stats are as you are stating and the school is doing so badly compared to other local areas then why is no one doing anything, I mean who regulates or keeps an eye on these badly performing schools if the council don't have a hand in it?
Why not approach a local paper with your story if you feel there's a real cause for concern and the council aren't doing anything about the situation?
0 Likes 0 Dislikes  
vulcanman
Townsperson

vulcanman
20th April 2013 at 10:43PM
Another little piece of data ... Ofsted visited the school and ave it a good, I.e. a level 2. Stockport Academy just got a 3 ... Requires improvement.

Why don't you change your name 'Happy' ... It never seems to fit!
1 Likes 0 Dislikes  
sunflowerdee
Townsperson

sunflowerdee
21st April 2013 at 12:53AM
What have council estates got to do with education. Its not about the school its about parenting. This country has gone to the dogs. Discipline and respect should be taught to children to enhance their lives, and everyone around them.
0 Likes 1 Dislikes  
happy
Townsperson

happy
21st April 2013 at 11:47AM
Never mind this country going to the dogs this site is going that way....Yes thanks Fi-nix I have worked in alot of schools, nurseries and other childcare its what I do, and have for a long time and get lots of appreciation for it so please keep your sarcasm to yourself or are you related to the fabulous Norma on here who also thinks she knows me and can criticise!! and I DID go to local ed board and DID do a thorough complaint with all issues about the place..... It was 1 simple question I asked to start with I didnt "YET AGAIN" ask for myself to be judged on here, None of you actually know me yet you are all judgeing what I post (which was a simple question) Why should "I" go to paper, I saw bad happening to child and told them to their face if other parents dont want to do that and think their kids are ok there so be it..I didnt TELL anyone on her "God get ya kids out of there" Did I..I did ask Cllr Hogg on here so if no one else likes it then dont answer me. If I felt my child wasnt getting the schooling I wanted then I have every right to say something
0 Likes 2 Dislikes  

<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>

Tagged With..