HGHS = Cheshire East Academy?

This thread was submitted to Hazel Grove

<< 1 2 >>

vulcanman
Townsperson

vulcanman
Re: HGHS = Cheshire East Academy?
25th November 2011 at 12:35PM, Edit: 30th November 2011 at 4:41PM by vulcanman
Way off the mark here twisted ... The Governors have run the school for years! This is a big move forwards for our children. Leave the name alone though.
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Coleman
Good Citizen

Coleman
25th November 2011 at 12:50PM
Guest Wrote:

Lots of people here speak of the past, few if any speak of the future. Do we realy want to retain all of the bad memories and go on to impose the same on our children, or do we want better and greater things for their futures. I dont think that the name should change, but I applaude the people who want to progress our childrens education.
Its easy to criticise isnt it!

What has changing the name of a school got to do with progressing our children's education?

It seems to me more like the actions of somebody with to much time on their hands or someone who needs to justify their job!

I wonder if the proposed name change will cost more, or less then it does to send out the 4th years on work experience?
TwistedBanana
Townsperson

TwistedBanana
28th November 2011 at 5:37PM
vulcanman Wrote:

Way off the mark here twisted ... The Governors have run the school for years! This is a big move forwqrds for our children. Leave the name along though.

Maybe my choice of wording was poor, I understand the role of the Governors in the school pre and post academy. My gripe is that a lot of people were against this move and their opinions were ignored. I have a big issue with the privatisation of schooling of which these academy moves are the thin end of the wedge. I and others listened intently to both sides of the argument at numerous meetings and I have many strong feelings about this. My kids will be through the education system by the time the full extent of the damage I feel with be done will hit home. Thousands of Hazel Grove children will not be as lucky, and their parents had no say in this process
TwistedBanana
Townsperson

TwistedBanana
28th November 2011 at 5:46PM
vulcanman Wrote:

Way off the mark here twisted ... The Governors have run the school for years! This is a big move forwqrds for our children. Leave the name along though.

Maybe my choice of wording was poor, I understand the role of the Governors in the school pre and post academy. My gripe is that a lot of people were against this move and their opinions were ignored. I have a big issue with the privatisation of schooling of which these academy moves are the thin end of the wedge. I and others listened intently to both sides of the argument at numerous meetings and I have many strong feelings about this. My kids will be through the education system by the time the full extent of the damage I feel with be done will hit home. Thousands of Hazel Grove children will not be as lucky, and their parents had no say in this process
vulcanman
Townsperson

vulcanman
30th November 2011 at 4:40PM
Have heard that there will be no name change in Hazel Grove High School when it becomes an Academy.
<< 1 2 >>

Tagged With..