Hazel Grove High School News

Jacksons Lane, Hazel Grove, Stockport, SK7 5JX

0 Area has not been reviewed yet

Hazel Grove High now officially an Academy.

This thread was submitted to Hazel Grove

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >>

Drifter
Re: Hazel Grove High now officially an Academy.
19th March 2012 at 8:43PM
With regards to results you will probably find schools with low Ebacc scores are the schools with a high percentage of pupils completing vocational courses. They are not worth the paper they are written on but are worth the same points as a GCSE. You end up with a GCSE equivalent and the school can use these on their league tables (not for much longer though). At the moment the Ebacc doesn't give any advantage until universities or colleges start selecting it, which they haven't yet. When you go to an open evening have a look at the percentage of students doing these applied courses compared to normal GCSE's. On the other hand the value added for HGHS looks good, but that means pupils are making good progress based on their target grades, but if their targets are all very low then they will do well in this respect. A school in a really good area may fall down on value added because their targets will be ridiculously high because of the place they live.

You want to look at the 5 good GCSE's only including English and Maths and NOT equivalent and you will find for HGHS the result is 66%, CHHS is 65%, Priestnall 74% and Bramhall 73%.

0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Adora
Good Citizen

Adora
19th March 2012 at 8:52PM

Torky - are those results for just one year? A single year doesn't tell you a great deal, it might have been a duff year. A 3 to 5 year spread is more useful.

Limecat
Banned
19th March 2012 at 11:32PM, Edit: 19th March 2012 at 11:42PM by Adora
Drifter Wrote:

I'd be very interested to know what you all think of this.

It backs up what I say about Bramhall and Stockport Grammar. That 'Oily Rag' will be delving into his thesaurus and raging right now.

Adora Wrote:

Torky - are those results for just one year? A single year doesn't tell you a great deal, it might have been a duff year. A 3 to 5 year spread is more useful.

Whilst part of me agrees with this from a statistics point of view, I think you are clutching at straws.

The longer the timeframe you take the more you will nullify and peaks and troughs.

It's far easier to accept that Hazel Grove High is NOT a good school as people on here claim. It's average.

I also intend to bump this thread in a few years time when people are crying that the 'pretend' money isn't getting results. Anyone that thinks that there is more money out there is fooling themselves. This is a cost cutting exercise in a pretty wrapper and they have hood-winked most of the people out there on it.

Are any of the 'pro-academy' people so ignorant or stupid to fail to grasp that?

I have seen finances of 'schools', I have also seen finances of 'academies'. I have studied accounts, I know how to digest a balance sheet, I know how money makes money hence why I play the stock market.

Seriously. ANYONE that thinks this is a good move is an ignorant ****** in my eyes. I know that is a very strong statement to make but I have heard and seen first hand how this 'system' has been played.

Doubt me all you like, I don't give a single squirt of urine. I know that I am 110% right and time will prove that.
Adora
Good Citizen

Adora
6th June 2012 at 9:53AM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/2012/jun/04/academy-status-incentive-cuts

Link to a piece in the Guardian (sorry) - suggesting that the extra money a school gets for going the academy route isn't quite the prize they initally thought.
1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >>

Tagged With..