Hazel Grove High School News

Jacksons Lane, Hazel Grove, Stockport, SK7 5JX

0 Area has not been reviewed yet

Hazel Grove High now officially an Academy.

This thread was submitted to Hazel Grove

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >>

Drifter
Re: Hazel Grove High now officially an Academy.
16th March 2012 at 9:51PM
[QUOTE=Adora]
and Calculus - what WAS that all about?[/QUOTe
where have you been adora??
missed all you your wit and smart a**e comments
0 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Adora
Good Citizen

Adora
16th March 2012 at 10:25PM

Not quite got the hang of this quoting thing eh, Petal? Ask your carer to show you how to do it.
1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
Adora
Good Citizen

Adora
16th March 2012 at 10:36PM, Edit: 16th March 2012 at 11:36PM by Adora
When I read the negative comments on here about HGHS I feel a bit perplexed. The children and parents I know who go to the school are all happy with it. All of the ones I know are year 9 and below. Is it mostly those parents and children of older children who feel negatively about it? Is it those who joined the school pre-the new Head?

Also, I think the children would benefit massively if HGHS DID have a 6th form. For me, it's one of the negatives currently.
Limecat
Banned
16th March 2012 at 11:45PM
Adora Wrote:

When I read the negative comments on here about HGHS I feel a bit perplexed. The children and parents I know who go to the school are all happy with it.

Come on Adora, stop talking rubbish.

Show me a kid that says that they enjoy going to school and I will show you a liar.   

However, I will say that if you ask a normal person what they thought of school whilst they were there that they would say they hated it. They would also say with retrospect that they loved it but didn't realise it at the time.

That sums me up perfectly.
Adora
Good Citizen

Adora
17th March 2012 at 12:09AM
No, no...honestly Limers, the parents I've spoken to are happy with it and the kids are happy there (in the usual kid way "How do you like your new school?" "S'alright".)

Of all the people I've spoken to (and like I say, all children under 13/14) are OK with it. That's why I'm wondering if the unhappy people are those who experienced the school under the old head and are kicking up against the new head and the changes she has brought about?

BlueGrover
Good Citizen

BlueGrover
17th March 2012 at 9:51AM
My oldest boy is in year eight, he would never go as far as saying he loves school, but his test scores are ok for a trained chimp!
Our young people can only take the exams that are put in front of them, we can't really blame them for improving results year on year, can we?
Oily Rag
Drifter
17th March 2012 at 1:07PM
Clearly I need not respond to your rant limpcat as your compatriots have done the job for me. Hazel Grove High is a good school, the kids like it (bourn out by those who have posted responses here above me), the staff like it (more freedom / more money / to teach in a sixth form is an accolade for your CV), the community like it (almost everyone but you and your mummy, that is). Have you considered that YOU may be in the minority? Empty vessels make most noise!

The issue of the impenetrable text I agree with, however I cannot take the blame when I submitted it there were paragraphs, I can only imagine they were lost somewhere in the internet.

If you continue to decry the hard work of our children, saying how easy it is and how brilliant you were; what happens when they start to believe you? The truth is: They work hard, they play hard and they deserve their successes...
BlueGrover
Good Citizen

BlueGrover
17th March 2012 at 3:09PM
Drifter Wrote:

[QUOTE=Adora]
and Calculus - what WAS that all about?[/QUOTe
where have you been adora??
missed all you your wit and smart a**e comments
No capitals, we know who you are!
1 Likes 0 Dislikes Reply Reply Quote Quote Report Report  
HG-21
Banned
18th March 2012 at 12:28PM
Drifter Wrote:

Clearly I need not respond to your rant limpcat as your compatriots have done the job for me. Hazel Grove High is a good school, the kids like it (bourn out by those who have posted responses here above me), the staff like it (more freedom / more money / to teach in a sixth form is an accolade for your CV), the community like it (almost everyone but you and your mummy, that is). Have you considered that YOU may be in the minority? Empty vessels make most noise!

The issue of the impenetrable text I agree with, however I cannot take the blame when I submitted it there were paragraphs, I can only imagine they were lost somewhere in the internet.

If you continue to decry the hard work of our children, saying how easy it is and how brilliant you were; what happens when they start to believe you? The truth is: They work hard, they play hard and they deserve their successes...

The only worth of a GCSE is to get into college. The only use of college is to get an Alevel. The only use of an A level is to get into you. And the point of uni is to get into debt at the moment.
BlueGrover
Good Citizen

BlueGrover
18th March 2012 at 3:11PM
Robot69 Wrote:

BlueGrover Wrote:

Am I the only parent who has yet to receive anything official from Ms Nolan regarding the changes and the implications for our children? Just wondering.......

Perhaps you are waiting for your child to bring the letter home! (if they haven't binned it already)
Donned full chemical suit and went into his bag, letter and invite to parents evening discovered. Time for a chat me thinks.
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >>

Tagged With..